The Odds of an Undetecable Man Pozzing a Neg Boy

I'm wondering if anyone knows the odds of a medicated and undetectable HIV+ man converting a HIV- boy. Anyone have experiences in that situation? I know that a Swiss panel (a couple of years ago) claimed that an undetectable HIV+ person is at no risk of transmitting the virus but that statement has been widely debated. Thoughts? Experiences?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been told by more than one hospital (providing one is on Atripla) that this is very unlikely also providing one's viral load is undetectable

I'm curious about this myself actually. I'd like to know for a fact as well in case it ever comes up.
Edited by Hotload84

Yes, Atripla is the most commonly prescribed HIV treatment in the US (or so I've been told). As for pozzing five guys in the past year while being undetectable, might I ask how you are accomplishing that? When were you last deemed undetectable? And is there any needle sharing involved?

Guest Boxir55

Yeah, I am not an expert but I would say if the guy is fucking you and he has the bug at all, then you are at risk.

A lot the doctor tells you is just based on his experience, i.e., one man's experience, or what he has been told by another colleague. Next week he could be wrong, like increased salt levels leading to heart attacks, now they don't think they do. It's a well known fact that many researchers tamper with the results of their research in order to keep the funding money coming in.

Edited by Boxir55

I credit the fact that i've taken thousands of poz loads the majority of them undetectable, to the fact that I am still negative myself. There is a risk, of course, but it's something like less than 0.001% according to the Swiss panel. The risk is so small, as to be so close to zero as makes no difference.

As to those who claim to be undetectable but still spreading the bug, I'll bet money that you weren't the ones to poz the bottoms... after all, if a bottom is taking your poz load, odds are he's taking other poz loads too....

Edited by Hotload84

I have been told by more than one hospital (providing ur on Atripla) that this is very unlikely also providing your viral load is

undetectable

I was told a very similar thing by my doctor since I have been poz for seven years and the last four years undetectable. His exact words were "There is always risk with any sexual encounter, but the risk is almost negligible."

Edited by Hotload84

As to those who claim to be undetectable but still spreading the bug, I'll bet money that you weren't the ones to poz the bottoms... after all, if a bottom is taking your poz load, odds are he's taking other poz loads too....

Yep. If a guy is willing to take one poz load, he'll take more after that. If you were to the one to pass on the bug, then chances are you weren't undetectable to begin with.

Edited by Hotload84

As to those who claim to be undetectable but still spreading the bug, I'll bet money that you weren't the ones to poz the bottoms...

Even though you are "undetectable" the virus can still be spread - and I've seen guys who claimed that they were never fucked by another guy after I did my toothbrush in the hole, fucking and fisting that did become poz.

My ID doc told me that while HIV is different in everyone (and it is, for example, barebacksaunaslut says he has taken all loads and toothbrushed his ass as well ) one of these days, the right strain will happen and poz him as well.

Edited by Hotload84