The Odds of an Undetecable Man Pozzing a Neg Boy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on my own experiences I would say the odds are low. I am a bareback bottom, and I have bottomed for at least 200 guys who were positive but claimed to be undetectable over the years and I have still remained negative. My own standard is as long as a top is undetectable and on medications, he can deposit his load in me. I know there are some risks since some studies suggest the viral load in higher in semen then in blood (meaning the virus could be present in the semen) but I know, understand and accept that risk.

In my personal experience,it seems as long as the poz top is taking meds and undetectable,then its very low risk..and this coming from a neg bottom who's taken plenty of poz loads..id guess at least 50..and nothing ever happened,I do think it has to do with how strong your immune system is...mine is very strong..haven't had a cold,flu or anything in over 15yrs

Guest Matias47

[\QUOTE] Also, if a guy says he is undetectable, he will have paperwork to prove it within the past three months. Stay neg as long as you can.

Actually, that's not quite accurate. Many doctors as a rule don't provide copies of all paperwork. In my entire life I've never automatically be given copies of test results unless I've requested them. When I do my blood work, every 6 months now, not 3, we go over my results and the paper goes into my file unless I request a copy. So their are going to be plenty of guys without recent paperwork -- though we all probably should.

detectable medicated poz men have extremely low chance of passing the virus. If you wanna get pozzed, take loads from guys who *think* they're negative. chances are, you'll eventually come up on newly pozzed guy that's unaware his VL is shooting through the roof. That's the most likely route of transmission.

I always ask for copies of my bloodwork and I keep my own file in case something ever happens and I am in a medical situation where the baselines and trends are relevant. You have to be your own healthcare advocate.

[\QUOTE] Also, if a guy says he is undetectable, he will have paperwork to prove it within the past three months. Stay neg as long as you can.

Actually, that's not quite accurate. Many doctors as a rule don't provide copies of all paperwork. In my entire life I've never automatically be given copies of test results unless I've requested them. When I do my blood work, every 6 months now, not 3, we go over my results and the paper goes into my file unless I request a copy. So their are going to be plenty of guys without recent paperwork -- though we all probably should.

Here is the info from the CDC. Google the study and you will find a number of articles.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21767103

Here is a new Chinese study that says the risk is only reduced by 26%, not 96% as recently reported. Who knows how reliable Chinese trials are? Either way, the research all supports the fact that guys on Antiretroviral therapy with undetectable viral loads are less risky than unmedicated men or men who don't know their status. It's all a risk. How much are you willing to accept is the question?

Guest Matias47
I always ask for copies of my bloodwork and I keep my own file in case something ever happens and I am in a medical situation where the baselines and trends are relevant. You have to be your own healthcare advocate.

Very sound advice. I like the way you think.

Guest Matias47

Below is a link to the Chinese study. The article contains more links to Medpage Today and The Lancet.

The main difference between the Chinese study, which concludes that anti-viral therapy reduces transnission rates by 26%, and the other studies, which showed a 96% reduction, is that the Chinese study was epidemilogical and the others were tightly controlled lab studies. What we don't know from the articles is how deep they went into the records. For example, the records were divided into only two sections, those on therapy and those not. The first question that comes to mind is how adherant to treatment were those in the treatment group?

I wasn't able to discern, even when reading the full Lancet article, that any deeper information was looked for in the records, i.e., beyond adherence issues, were they all undetectable, etc.?

But, it's still importand info for non-bug chasers.

http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/Treatment_Prevention_1667_23234.shtml

Remember that confounding our results is the phenomenon of resistant individuals, generally of nordic descent. The fellow I'm quoting below is from the UK, so such lineage is highly likely, increasing his odds for being one of the immune few.

"I credit the fact that i've taken thousands of poz loads the majority of them undetectable, to the fact that I am still negative myself. There is a risk, of course, but it's something like less than 0.001% according to the Swiss panel. The risk is so small, as to be so close to zero as makes no difference."

• 3 months later...

I got fucked recently for about 10 mins by someone who is undetectable and didn't cum in me, what are my chances of being poz I'd rather not be but I knew the risk although was drunk and regretted it, although had a great time and trust the person a lot. I know there is no real statistics regarding precum, just wondering what experiences or stories u have heard?