Poz Symbols or Signals

BlindRawFucker1

Thanks in advance for any information.

We all know that biohazard sign is a way to indicate that you are HIV positive.  Not being able to see, I don’t know what it even looks like.  I’ve never seen a tactile version of a biohazard sign.

My first question, is there any way to indicate whether a guy is detectable or undetectable?  I’ve seen guys on here wonder if they have the right to have a biohazard tattoo since they are undetectable.  They feel they may be falsely advertising or being disrespectful to those who are detectable.

My next question, is there any symbol or signal to identify an active chaser or gifter?  It seems to me like that could be helpful in a bathhouse or major PRIDE event.

You all have been so helpful over the years describing and explaining visual aspects of the gay world to me, either in topics like this, or during private conversations.  I truly appreciate it.

Happy barebacking to all.

HelloBlindRawFucker1,

Detectable and undetectable can change depending on if they're on or off their meds, and tattoos are permanent, so a tattoo noting that wouldn't work too well.

Biohazard tattoos are usually added to tell others that a guy is positive.  I've never seen a symbol to tell people that a neg person is chasing. 

Scorpions with their back raised up and their body positioned in a way such that they are ready to sting is another symbol that's used to suggest that the person is positive (and toxic).

A biohazard symbol is hard to describe to someone who can't see it, but I'll give it my best shot:

Imagine a circle.  Then imagine three additional circles, arranged so that they are all touching each other.  Imagine the group of three circles centered within the first circle.  The first circle extends only about 20% of the way into the diameters of the group of thre circles.  Finally, each of the three circles in the group is thick on the side towads the center where they meet, and thin on the outer side farthest away from that, and on the far side the lines break, sort of like if you hold your thumb and nearest finger in a circle, but the fingertips don't quite meet.  Does that help you to envision it?

• Thanks 1

I knew that someone can move between detectable and undetectable, which would be a problem with a tattoo.  But I wasn’t sure if there could be some other type of signal, such as jewelry or something in the hankie code.

I truly appreciate your attempt to explain a biohazard symbol to me.  It would be great to see a tactile one though.

I still think a chaser/gifter symbol or signal would be good.

On 1/7/2022 at 11:53 AM, poztwinksrhot said:

Scorpions with their back raised up and their body positioned in a way such that they are ready to sting is another symbol that's used to suggest that the person is positive (and toxic).

OK…I was not aware of that. I’d heard about the biohazard tat meaning poz too, although I’ve known guys who had them to reflect their personality (although I wonder about their status). Are their other tattoos poz guys get to signify they’re poz? I know one guy who is who has a plus sign (+) on his shoulder. Is that common?

• Like 1