Love at the Bathhouse

Philip

Has anyone ever spoken to a man at a bathhouse after having a good time with him, taken down his number, go on a date, and have a romantic relationship with him? Does these things ever happen or am I imagining a fantasy world here? 

Hey, @Philip!

I dated a guy I'd met in a glory hole booth at Folsom Gulch. The first part of me that he saw was my dick through the hole, and the first part of him that I saw was his dick through the hole. I do remember that he was wearing a white/grey/black plaid flannel shirt the night we met, which I found attractive at the time. He was very much a "regular guy" and out of the scene. I was in my early twenties and relatively new to San Francisco. He and I joked that we could tell our parents we'd met at a "bookstore", leaving out the part that it had been an adult bookstore.

Few will remember the SOMABoy blog from the early years of the Web (the term "blog" hadn't been coined yet), but he once wrote about his ideal first date. This involved fucking/getting fucked (bare, if memory serves — or maybe that's wishful thinking on my part) through a glory hole and then going out for dinner.

Dating a man you meet at a bathhouse or other public sex venue is not a fantasy. It's a good idea, because it removes one of the key uncertainties in a new relationship: the risk that you're sexually incompatible.

Before cell phones were common, Steamworks in Berkeley had an area with notepads and pens where new friends could write down and exchange their phone numbers.

I'd love to hear other people's success stories. To me, they are the antidote to testimonials from gay couples who met on OKCupid, at MCC, or in some other "wholesome" context and were apparently brainwashed by suburban heteros. (I am happy for these couples but I find them boring, and their testimonials, as revolting as romance movies on Lifetime.) I met my BF on BBRTS and have always joked that we should post a contrarian testimonial.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Well, fksn - I met my life-partner at Mans Country in Chicago.  I was fucking a tasty Hole, and he was sucking off a Cock next to me.  He pulled off long enough to give me the most beautiful smile, twinkling, big, fat, cornflower-blue eyes, and then went back to work.  When the Cock he was sucking shot it's load in his mouth, I just leaned sideways and kissed that sweet, beautiful mouth full of Sperm.  

That was the beginning of just over 30 years together; next month will mark the 14th anniversary of his passing, and I miss him every day.  But, somehow I was lucky enough to find the perfect guy for me.  So, it can happen !!!

14 minutes ago, fskn said:

I met my BF on BBRTS

Many years later, after moving to FL, I met a hot-assed cumdump on BBRT, who turned out to be the perfect mirror of my own Lusts.  I "kept" him for around 3 years, took him to orgies, whored him out at home, took him to IML and showed him what serious Breeding was all about.  It ended a couple of years ago, thanks to his drug addictions - I just couldn't put up with it anymore.  It was fun while it lasted though.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1
  • Piggy 1
  • Sad 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, hntnhole said:

Well, fksn - I met my life-partner at Mans Country in Chicago.  I was fucking a tasty Hole, and he was sucking off a Cock next to me.  He pulled off long enough to give me the most beautiful smile, twinkling, big, fat, cornflower-blue eyes, and then went back to work.  When the Cock he was sucking shot it's load in his mouth, I just leaned sideways and kissed that sweet, beautiful mouth full of Sperm.  

That was the beginning of just over 30 years together; next month will mark the 14th anniversary of his passing, and I miss him every day.  But, somehow I was lucky enough to find the perfect guy for me.  So, it can happen !!!

I'm out of reactions for today, but what a beautiful story, and memory of a non-traditional first date! I'm at once sorry for your loss and happy that you got to enjoy 30 years with him!

• Like 1

It didn't happen for me at a bath house, but my first official boyfriend and I met at a party where I was the only bottom and everyone used me. He kept smiling at me and kissed me a lot throughout the night, then walked me to my car and asked if I wanted to chill at his place the next day. We started seeing each other every day and before long he told me he was falling in love. I was too, and we ended up together for almost two years.

The only reason we didn't last is he's a bottom by nature, too, and I'm a 100% bottom who can't top. We still see each other and hang out all the time but we've both moved on and found partners who make us happy. He'll always be special to me though because he was my first true love.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Philip said:

Has anyone ever spoken to a man at a bathhouse after having a good time with him, taken down his number, go on a date, and have a romantic relationship with him? Does these things ever happen or am I imagining a fantasy world here? 

Never had it happen at a bath house, but still it happened with me under a similar situation at a bookstore.  Met up once several years back with a younger well hung black bull at one of the local bookstores and had a very good and satisfying time. We only exchanged first names at the time, but a month or so later on, we again crossed paths on one of the popular hookup sites and recognized each other. We chatted a bit and decided to hookup and go another round, which turned into a weekly and sometimes a bi-weekly thing for a little more than a year.  It was becoming a fairly steady thing and at the same time began getting awkward as both he and I were married and his partner was getting suspicious and demanding, so it ended at that phase. It was quit a let down when it happened and for myself a bit of a strange situation, as I had never given any considerations or even remotely any thoughts of ever becoming involved in any kind of a committed relationship like that, but I realized that I had really fallen in love with this young man.  So, it does happen, it just takes some time and will very likely happen when you are least expecting it to.       

"So, where did you two meet?"

"Well, he was balls deep inside me and shooting his third load of the night when I realized I didn't even know his name..."

In all honesty, I don't foresee myself as someone who would get into a relationship with someone I met in that scenario. Not that I'm any "better" than them, mind - obviously if I'm taking loads in a bathhouse or whatever, I'm not exactly holding myself to high society standards.. unless there's wine. I just think those scenarios don't really lend themselves well to what *I* would want in a relationship. Although, I suppose in the right circumstance, a husband who loves me dearly, but also gets off on bringing other men over to fuck me...

Hmm. Okay, my official answer is "It would be complicated."

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, PendragonSpirit said:

"So, where did you two meet?"

"Well, he was balls deep inside me and shooting his third load of the night when I realized I didn't even know his name..."

In all honesty, I don't foresee myself as someone who would get into a relationship with someone I met in that scenario. Not that I'm any "better" than them, mind - obviously if I'm taking loads in a bathhouse or whatever, I'm not exactly holding myself to high society standards.. unless there's wine. I just think those scenarios don't really lend themselves well to what *I* would want in a relationship. Although, I suppose in the right circumstance, a husband who loves me dearly, but also gets off on bringing other men over to fuck me...

Hmm. Okay, my official answer is "It would be complicated."

I lived in Boston in the 1980s, and knew a couple who had met exchanging blow jobs in a dirty t-room, and were together for almost 20 years

• Like 4

11 hours ago, fskn said:

I'm out of reactions for today, but what a beautiful story, and memory of a non-traditional first date! I'm at once sorry for your loss and happy that you got to enjoy 30 years with him!

@fskn expresses my thoughts far better than I can at the moment, @hntnhole. Lives like yours prove the cynics wrong.

• Like 1

I met my last two boyfriends at bathhouses. There's a lot to be said for it.  Obviously, you know what the sex is like. You've probably also seen what he's like drunk or high, and at his most primal. Most guys are more relaxed and their behaviour less contrived than at a club or on a date.

At a bathhouse, it's often awkward to say more than 'thanks' or 'have fun' once it's over. If you start chatting after you've blown, that's surely a good sign.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, hntnhole said:

Thank you for this heartwarming post, @hntnhole.

I'm so sorry to hear about your partner's passing. I hope the pain has dulled over the last 14 years, but it's obvious your love for him is undimmed.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, hntnhole said:

I "kept" him for around 3 years, took him to orgies, whored him out at home, took him to IML and showed him what serious Breeding was all about.

Never made it to IML and sounds a blast. How much raw dick & cum at those parties?