What Makes a Top a Top, And a Bottom a Bottom?

Philip

On 1/24/2022 at 11:21 PM, revemupman said:

Never had the desire to bend over. When I see a beautiful back and fat ass I get so hard it hurts so I just know I’m 100% top.

The exact same thing for me but as a bottom. I’ve never desired to top nor do I think I ever will. I am 100% a bottom and love it.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
On 1/24/2022 at 8:48 PM, Philip said:

Very great advice, thanks for sharing! I will give that a go. (Also thank you for your replies on my other posts. I can only post three times a day now, so I sadly can’t reply to all of them at the present moment :(()

I was thinking along the same lines as BootmanLA. His is a good suggestion and I think it more accurately describes you at different times and moods. 

I love the feeling of being a top as I look down when inserting my cock into his ass while fucking    the control and force I give to  him as well as stroking his cock while inside is the best feeling!

On 1/24/2022 at 1:43 PM, hungry_hole said:

I think that there are a few things at play that may affect the role when fucking.

1. Maintain hard-on: being able to keep a good hard cock increases the chances of wanting to top. Guys who lose the erection tend not to top
  2. Control Orgasm: Guys who can fuck for a long time will most likely want to top
  3. Stigma of bottoming: Many guys associate bottoming with a woman's role
  4. Fear of shit: Some guys don't like fucking for fear of finding poop. They clean their hole but not everybody does
  5. Excitement of witnessing another guy orgasm: When most guys cum they lose interest in sex. The bottom can "feel" an orgasm by witnessing another guy's orgasm

So, if a guy can maintain a hard-on and fuck for long periods of time (1 & 2), he will most likely be top or at least versatile. Some guys who associate bottoming  as a female role (3) they will likely not bottom. Some guys don't like the idea of finding shit in the manhole so they don't top.

The main reason guys bottom, and is the reason I bottom and enjoy getting bred, is to witness the guy's pleasure as he pumps his load. At least in my case when a guys loads my hole I feel in-love and enjoy his orgasm as if it were mine. The difference with having a real orgasm is that I stay horny and even hornier with the load in my hole.

That describes exactly how I feel it as a bottom. I don’t need to cum or play with my dick when I get fucked. I just get the pleasure from giving the top my hole to satisfy him in me. 

what makes me bottom in my opinion - Luv to recieve, natural sub, have never and still don't have a desire to stick my dyck in ass, luv nut, don't need to cum when getting fucked, always did and do get turned on by the thought of guys using me i've always been 100% btm and luv it

• Upvote 1

On 1/23/2022 at 10:05 PM, Philip said:

When I am in a relationship, I usually like to be the one fucking, and occasionally bottom when the mood is right, so I put on my profile that I am Top Vers.

However, when I hook-up, I love to bottom exclusively. The reason is that I can only get hard and maintain an erection when certain criteria are met (e.g., I’m attracted to them, compatible kissing and cuddling, good at sucking . . . ) so it’s just much easier to say that I am a bottom in this case. I love taking anon loads at bathhouses.

Am I still a Top if I love to bottom just as much? Or is it more accurate to say that I am a Vers? How do you know that you are a Top? Does it have to do more with how you treat your partner outside the bedroom (e.g., the way you hold him, how protective you are, etc.) that defines you as a ‘Top’?

Some responses might say that I shouldn’t worry about labels, but I find labels helpful in communicating to others what you like and what you want.

I think if you equally like both you'd be vers no? Top doesn't have to be exclusively topping, but it does mean you top in most situations.

As for me I consider myself a bottom, fully ..while there's times I may fuck if a guy has a nice ass I'm almost always bottoming, whether that be hookups or otherwise. I find myself mainly attracted and going after men that are more assertive, dominant and prefer to top

On 1/24/2022 at 7:43 AM, hungry_hole said:

I think that there are a few things at play that may affect the role when fucking.

1. Maintain hard-on: being able to keep a good hard cock increases the chances of wanting to top. Guys who lose the erection tend not to top
  2. Control Orgasm: Guys who can fuck for a long time will most likely want to top
  3. Stigma of bottoming: Many guys associate bottoming with a woman's role
  4. Fear of shit: Some guys don't like fucking for fear of finding poop. They clean their hole but not everybody does
  5. Excitement of witnessing another guy orgasm: When most guys cum they lose interest in sex. The bottom can "feel" an orgasm by witnessing another guy's orgasm

So, if a guy can maintain a hard-on and fuck for long periods of time (1 & 2), he will most likely be top or at least versatile. Some guys who associate bottoming  as a female role (3) they will likely not bottom. Some guys don't like the idea of finding shit in the manhole so they don't top.

The main reason guys bottom, and is the reason I bottom and enjoy getting bred, is to witness the guy's pleasure as he pumps his load. At least in my case when a guys loads my hole I feel in-love and enjoy his orgasm as if it were mine. The difference with having a real orgasm is that I stay horny and even hornier with the load in my hole.

All of this. 1,3,4, and 5 are exactly why I bottom.

I honestly find it hard to keep an erection unless I'm jerking or there's something in my ass...as well as my cock being smaller than most guys...makes more sense just to bottom.

3. I personally believe bottoming is the more submissive, womanly role. Im naturally submissive, and I prefer being submissive and with a more dominant, assertive man. In the relationship I prefer to be the one who cooks, cleans, takes care of the home and things of that nature. I just feel more at home in that role.

4. I also find most guys don't clean how they should, and the sight and smell of it grosses me up completely. I know my ass and I know what I'm taking and how to process so I know I'm clean. I don't have the guy over till I am completely.

5. I love seeing a hot guy get off...him getting off gets me off, I love to please and seeing a man shoot his load on my face and ass is incredibly intoxicating and incredibly sexy...so much so that the mere thought of it gets me rock hard and ready to cum

Idk, since a young age I knew that I am bottom, I find my enjoyment & pleasure in being a bottom, eventhu I can maintain fairly nice erection. I kinda feel very satisfied when I hear my man grunting while riding my back. 

This thread caught my eye again this morning, so a few more thoughts.

For me, there is a world of difference between being Top, bottom or versatile. Though i do see it as a spectrum, even the versatile guy who is somewhere in the middle, seems to be feeling/wanting/needing to be top or bottom and any given moment. 

i find myself thinking about me being bottom this morning. i just finished my rotation at the hospital. It's exhausting work and i go without sex or cumming during my rotation... so my horniness builds. There's a part of my physical need/desire that wants to jack off and cum, but psychologically and physically, i want/need a Mans orgasm and seed in me.  i suspect it's similar with a Top. A Top can also masturbate and relieve some of the tension, but i am guessing that that only takes care of some of the physical tension ad not the psychological need/desire.  

Though i am feeling need/desire right now that i know i could relieve somewhat by masturbating, i find myself resisting that because i really want/need a Man who wants/needs to breed someone like me. Once i get that, even if i have not cum, the desire/need to orgasm is sated in me. i may want to get bred more lol, but the tension to cum using my penis goes away. To me, that is a big difference between a Top and bottom.  

• Upvote 2

As a bottom, I don't think I can decide what makes a top a top. I know what attracts me to tops, though, so maybe that would be helpful. Of course, all the things that attract me to a top are what make me a bottom.

A top who's assertive and takes control is someone I will instantly feel attracted to. If we go somewhere, I want him to drive. Even if we take my car, I want him to drive while I hold his hand. If we go out to eat, I want him to order for me. When we go to the movies, I want him to decide what we're seeing and I want him to put his arm around me in the theater. At home, I want him to relax while I clean up and cook. If we're chilling on the couch, I want to relax against his body while he decides what we're watching.

In bed, I want him to take me like a top should take a bottom. I want his thrusts to mean something when he's fucking me. I want him to kiss me and make me want it longer and harder. When its over and his load is in my ass or I've swallowed it, I want him to hold me while we bask in the afterglow. At night, I want to sleep with my head on his chest and his arm around me. If he let's me hold his dick in my hand while we sleep, I'll be grateful. If he holds onto my ass while I hold his dick, I'll be dreaming about the next time he fucks me.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

A Top can also masturbate and relieve some of the tension, but i am guessing that that only takes care of some of the physical tension ad not the psychological need/desire.

Correct, as usual.  Jacking out a load can at least relieve the ache in the balls, but it does nothing for the mental/psychological need to use our Cocks for their intended purpose.  Which is why we need guys like you so much.  Without guys like you, guys like me would be shit-out-of-luck, and one unhappy, pissed off lot.  

Labor Day Weekend can't get here fast enough ....... grrrrrrrrrrrr 

• Like 1