Excited to start

Squiggly8

I’ve stopped for a week - went back to on demand style 

has anyone switched between the 2 ways before or any advice on how to go back on regular 1 a day … 

is it a case of just starting 1 a day and being covered straight away …  or 2 tablets for the first day then 1 a day? 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Shinykit said:

is it a case of just starting 1 a day and being covered straight away …  or 2 tablets for the first day then 1 a day?

See my post higher up in the thread, which explains how to decide whether you need to repeat the 2-pill loading dose or not. The post also links to the US CDC PrEP guidelines.

Please be sure that your PrEP provider is aware of your current dosing, and please be sure that you are using Truvada (or generic) if you experiment with intermittent dosing. A medical provider should be the one who explains the "2-1-1" regimen for Truvada for PrEP, including special cases. It is your provider's responsibility.

Edited by fskn
  • Upvote 3

On 3/15/2022 at 3:53 PM, BiCurious100 said:

Any side effects?  How are you finding taking PrEP?   Recommend?

Loving it. Taken a couple loads but not as many as I want. No real side effects, maybe a minor headache when I started for a couple days. Getting my PrEP through Hey Mistr and its been seamless and haven't paid a penny for anything. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 12:17 AM, Squiggly8 said:

Loving it. Taken a couple loads but not as many as I want. No real side effects, maybe a minor headache when I started for a couple days. Getting my PrEP through Hey Mistr and its been seamless and haven't paid a penny for anything. 

Thanks for the feed-back - I have made my appointment to go to the sexual health clinic to get my first lot of PrEP.

I can then start going to the saunas - I will let you know how it goes.

In the meantime, keep having fun 😉

• Like 1