New to scene. Re: Poz

Hi all....newbie here. I just have one question...Why do you want to be Poz? 

All my life I have been told to take precautions to avoid HIV, so it comes as a surprise to me that people actually want to be Poz. 

Please dont be hard on me for asking. Genuine Question. 

PS I love to bareback my 2 fuck buddies who assure me  they are neg. Cheers.

• Moderators

There are lots of answers for this. A big one is related to the advice I am about to give you. If you are going to be barebacking and you want to stay HIV negative, you need to get on PrEP, a daily pill that almost completely removes the chance of contracting HIV. I am not telling you that your two friends are not trustworthy, but unless the 3 of you are being completely exclusive, you are at risk. Before PrEP came along several years ago, we had to accept the knowledge that if we barebacked with strangers, we would eventually become HIV+. This led to a sense that "getting it over with" in a situation where you had some control over your actions was desirable. I think this was a big part of why a lot of men chase the bug or at least didn't make any real effort not to (my case). 

You will also see men who view being pozzed by a guy as analogous to being impregnated. This gives them a way to feel close to the man who gave them HIV, and the bond is life-long. Some people are chasing to feel this closeness. On a more general level, you see guys referring to the Poz Brotherhood. Guys chase as a means of feeling connected to community. 

The third big reason in my mind is thrill seeking. Having risky, unprotected sex is like sky diving or driving fast cars. You are risking your life for some activity that you find so pleasurable that it feels worth it to you. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

All solid reasons and I I think I subscribe to the first and third  to different extents. 

To elaborate on another aspect at least for me is how the hell am I not poz? Since I started barebacking and taking all loads I’ve easily had about 2000 loads. Sounds like a lot but it’s really 2 a week and a few weeks with more. I get many maybe even close to half were with consistent fuck buds but still. My first fuck bud that would cum in me gave me well over 100 loads before he knew he was poz. And we took tests and were both neg right after we started fucking. I’ve found out afterwards that at least 7 other guys I’ve had encounters were poz not on meds and who knows how many stealth breedings I’ve taken where the top knew or had no idea. 

It is not a brag. Am I lucky or resistant I have no clue. I do know many people like a friend I went to school with who died of aids who only had a handful of experiences. Growing up and living through aids vs what Im doing now, for me it’s like I’m the equivalent of that survivor of a horrific accident where most people die and the survivors are like how the hell did we live and beat themselves up over it. 

so yeah there are a lot of reasons guys chase or just give up and let things happen. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Queenzlander59 said:

Thanks to both of you. I will certainly investigate Prep. 

Good choice.

I will add: For a certain percentage of people on this site, bragging about being toxic, taking loads constantly, not being on PrEP, etc. is all masturbatory fodder - they're all playing a game of one-upsmanship pretending to be someone they're not. In other words, there's a lot of liars online, and some of them - in my experience, a not-insignifcant number of them - are lying about being thrilled at being poz. Those people certainly exist, but fewer in number since PrEP became widely available as a way to bareback without (virtually all) of the risk of HIV that came with barebacking.

As to whether there's actually some feeling of "brotherhood" about being poz: I will admit that it's easier, generally speaking, to discuss one's status as poz (even if undetectable) with other poz people or people who are in a relationship with a poz person. So there's that. But as for some mystic "bond" between us? I think that's a product of fevered imaginations sometimes fueled with chemical enhancements.

• Like 2