Sad news today

hntnhole

16 minutes ago, tallslenderguy said:

i think we are talking about two schoolyard bullies, cut from the same cloth,  self absorbed, narcissists without a care for anyone or anything but their own distorted sense of self grandizement.  The lack of maturity and simple humanity is some world 'leaders' is stunning.

I think there should be a hard-and-fast rule that no one who wants to be a king should ever be permitted to do so.

• Upvote 2

our present administration is going to lead us strait into hell messing with a Country that  has enough nuclear power to blow up the entire world

The weakness of the US has set the stage for what's going to happen in Ukraine and Taiwan.

How one administration could do so much damage to this country in one year is incredible, and they have 3 more years to go.

We won't cut off Russia's Oil supply but they stop production here..  WTF is this madman and his administration thinking. Kerry said if we were at zero emissions it wouldn't  make  a difference without every other country doing the same.  so what the fuck are we doing...this from a guy parking his yacht in Rhode Island to avoid paying Massachusetts taxes.

How the hell do we have morons like this running our country in the first place

I hope the American people are happy with what they got when they voted in these assholes. And only a couple news agencies are reporting the results of the Durham report. God save us all. Our prayers to Ukraine for in a large part what WE have caused by picking an old corrupt family to lead us.  At almost 70 years old ive never seen anything like whats going on. in my entire life.

Whats it going to take to stop this madness.???????????????????????

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, faggotsub said:

our present administration is going to lead us strait into hell messing with a Country that  has enough nuclear power to blow up the entire world

The weakness of the US has set the stage for what's going to happen in Ukraine and Taiwan.

How one administration could do so much damage to this country in one year is incredible, and they have 3 more years to go.

We won't cut off Russia's Oil supply but they stop production here..  WTF is this madman and his administration thinking. Kerry said if we were at zero emissions it wouldn't  make  a difference without every other country doing the same.  so what the fuck are we doing...this from a guy parking his yacht in Rhode Island to avoid paying Massachusetts taxes.

I hope the American people are happy with what they got when they voted in these assholes. And only a couple news agencies are reporting the results of the Durham report. God save us all. Our prayers to Ukraine for in a large part what WE have caused by picking an old corrupt family to lead us.  At almost 70 years old ive never seen anything like whats going on. in my entire life.

Really?

The previous occupant of the Oval Office basically tried to dismantle NATO, tried to extort Ukraine’s security for political profit, and french-kissed Putin’s ass while the entire planet watched. Twice. You cannot simply change the subject at this point and holler ‘weak’ at the current president and expect to be taken seriously.

The previous occupant is the man currently under multiple probes for criminal financial wrongdoing, quite apart from that little incident where he attempted to overthrow a free and fair election through violence, subterfuge, incitement and insurrection. And he’s still trying. But that’s not madness at all, is it?

You haven’t seen anything like this in 70 years? Allow me to acquaint you, Mr. Van Winkle, with the Cold War, which you evidently slept through, and a little incident known as the Bay of Pigs, in which the Soviets attempted to flex their muscle in Cuba. They had nukes. We had nukes. We came damn close to blowing up the whole fucking planet. Today, they have nukes. We have nukes, and they are very, very well aware of it. They are no more interested in ending up as a radioactive pile of cinders and ash than we are. It’s called Mutually Assured Destruction, and it’s still very much in effect, so detente still has some influence. Not something the Tangerine Tyrant would have had the sophistication to understand - the world was in far greater peril during the four years that he had his finger on the Big Red Button than it is at this moment.

Any weakness in the Western Alliance can be laid squarely at the feet of the previous administration, which actively sought to break down bonds of global cooperation and security, and not the present one, which has to clean up the godawful mess left behind.

Just what, precisely, would you have us do at this point? I’m sure that if you have a foolproof solution to this conundrum, the world would be glad to hear it. Do you have a plan in mind that would send the Russians back across their borders never to return? Do you have a strategy to satisfy Putin’s power-lust driven by his lunatic revisionist view of history? What kind of “strength” do you propose using that won’t come at a gruesome cost in lives lost? When your 70 years of wisdom comes up with something useful, let us know.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, faggotsub said:

I agree with you 100% but I think it is much bigger. I think it's important to realize that multiple things can be true at the same time: On the world stage, our current president is  perceived as an abysmal,  feeble leader who has led us & the world into the gates of hell because of his awful public policy positions, weakness, & overall incompetence. It's pretty clear that our previous leader (whether you hate him, love him or are indifferent to him & with all of his baggage) kept foreign tyrants at bay & kept our economy pumping. Let's not kid ourselves, Biden's perceived weakness & pacifist policies are not going to prevent Russia or China from pushing their evil agendas forward. 

What's the answer? At this point, it goes WAY beyond quibbling about which side of the two-party political fence you are on. We need to unite as a country, put our political differences aside for a bit, & 

2 hours ago, faggotsub said:

Agreed 👍 100%

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, TwinkChaserSlut said:

I agree with you 100% but I think it is much bigger. I think it's important to realize that multiple things can be true at the same time: On the world stage, our current president is  perceived as an abysmal,  feeble leader who has led us & the world into the gates of hell because of his awful public policy positions, weakness, & overall incompetence.

You are mistaking the current president, with whom the world community stands in solidarity, with the previous occupant of the Oval Office, for whom the international community had nothing but contempt (that is, except for the Dictator Caucus).

You can support or oppose either party and either president, but you are not going to manufacture "alternative facts" about how the world community viewed the last president vs how they view the current one. 

1 hour ago, TwinkChaserSlut said:

It's pretty clear that our previous leader (whether you hate him, love him or are indifferent to him & with all of his baggage) kept foreign tyrants at bay & kept our economy pumping. Let's not kid ourselves, Biden's perceived weakness & pacifist policies are not going to prevent Russia or China from pushing their evil agendas forward. 

Russia was not kept "at bay". Russia chose to bide its time while Hair Furor tried to tear the post-Cold War western alliances apart. He had no reason to move on Ukraine as long as Hair Furor was actively trying to drive a wedge between the US and its  European allies. Putin was delighted to sit back and let the Mango Mussolini try to extort Ukraine for security assistance. Putin was delighted when his personal puppet tried to divide NATO over the amount of spending each would make on defense, deliberately mischaracterizing it as "unpaid back dues" to NATO. The previous occupant of the White House stood on an international stage and announced he took Putin's word over the combined work of all his own intelligence agencies, whose work he pointedly refused to even review on a regular basis.

Of course Putin's moving now - not because Biden is weak, or perceived as weak, but because Biden is undoing the wreckage the last idiot left in his wake, and he knew his window of opportunity would be closing. 

Finally: as for keeping our economy pumping: Trump was the first president under whom the number of jobs had a net DECLINE - despite the roaring economy he inherited, which grew no faster under him than it had in the last few years of the Obama administration. His abysmal, incompetent mishandling of Covid not only led to the needless deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans, but caused hundreds of billions (if not trillions) of dollars of damage to the economy. A rabid badger with a broken hind foot could have taken the economy inherited from Obama and managed it as well as Trump did. (The one thing I'll give him credit for: he wanted to provide the $2,000 per person stimulus payments but his own party, stingy rich capitalists to the core, cut it to $600. Biden got the remainder of the money approved, which is part of why the economy began recovering much more quickly under his administration than it was under the last months of Trump.)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It has been painfully clear that the subject of Civics has not been taught for some long time now in public schools.  Neither has the practice of Critical Thinking (in places it ever was taught in public schools).  The chickens have apparently come home to roost now, given certain replies above.  

To those two who have replied, it's never too late to advance your mental skills.  It's never too late to learn to open your mind or heart to facts, and what they mean.  It's always too late to voice unsubstantiated, vague criticisms without providing any supporting facts.  Mere generalities, spewed with anger, are never reflective of an inquiring, balanced mind.  

I would ask therefore, faggotsub & TwinkChaserSlut, that you provide some measure of empirical support for your statements, assuming you'd like to be taken seriously.  

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, ErosWired said:

It is indeed shocking to think that if the votes of 74 million had prevailed, this nation would now have at its head the unrepentant traitor who just today praised Putin’s naked aggression against a neighboring sovereign democracy as “genius”. And worse, that many of those same 74 million would have it so tomorrow given any chance. Weak-minded citizens allow tyrants to rule. Mercifully, we’re still strong enough a people to send them packing here at home.

Well now we see where you get your news from .... The View, Late Night talk shows and propaganda machines built by 6 mega corporations.

Seriously, learn to research things. Find the source of the quote. Listen and read with an unbiased mind, if that's possible. As a person who neither likes nor dislikes "tHe bAd oRaNgE mAn" I did that and found that I'd heard much the same thing in the 70s and 80s from historians talking about Adolf Hitler and his using the Gliwice radio station and several other false flag events as the premise for breaking the 1934 German-Polish non-aggression pact and entering Poland to start World War Two.

It's amazing what one can learn if one puts the propaganda, bias and bloviating aside for once. Here, I'll even help guide you on your journey to enlightenment and honest research: [think before following links] https://www.clayandbuck.com/president-trump-with-cb-from-mar-a-lago/

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

11 hours ago, ErosWired said:

And, I might add, since you’re criticizing what you claim to be weakness, that a sack full of prayers is worth the sack. Prayers are going to do bupkis to shield Kyiv from incoming missiles. Pulling the financial rug out from under Russia’s fat-cat oligarchs, however, might make them squirm enough to tell Putin to call it off.

Oh and a Christian hater. Well now we know what side of the landscape you work from. Biased and filled with hate. So much for "Coexist" right comrade?

• Downvote 3

6 hours ago, ErosWired said:

Really?

The previous occupant of the Oval Office basically tried to dismantle NATO, tried to extort Ukraine’s security for political profit, and french-kissed Putin’s ass while the entire planet watched. Twice. You cannot simply change the subject at this point and holler ‘weak’ at the current president and expect to be taken seriously.

Let's see those unbiased facts. AS a student of 20th century history, as a person with a huge background in political science, and as an unbiased Constitutional Minarchist I would LOVE to see your diatribe of liberal propaganda strewn out here for all to see so we can get a chuckle at the intense we'll all see. Let me first start you with this factoid - the US is the key sponsor of NATO. Trump did have an idea that he might pull us out - and for very good reason. WE DON'T BELONG BEING THE POLICE FORCE TO THE WORLD! Show me where in our Constitution it states that we had ANY authority to do any of the acts of aggression we've done since the end of World War Two. You can't. Only Congress can vote and they gave up that duty by passing the unconstitutional War Powers Act so I will save you the effort of bringing that bogus idiocy up as your defence.

Until every veteran, every homeless person and every needy person in the United States has a home, a job, and the ability to take care of themselves WITHOUT government assistance of any kind (except veterans and their families - it's the least we can do for them since they sacrificed more than most of us have ever come close to) we have NO business sending one red cent to any foreign nation - even Israel who I support - because it's not Constitutional.

**tapping my fingers waiting for these unbiased links**

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, hntnhole said:

It has been painfully clear that the subject of Civics has not been taught for some long time now in public schools.  Neither has the practice of Critical Thinking (in places it ever was taught in public schools).  The chickens have apparently come home to roost now, given certain replies above.

On this one thing, other than the prayers for the Ukranian and Russian people who are innocent pawns in a game being playedf out by men like Putin, Klaus Schwab and others, you are correct. But it's not those who you pointed the lone finger of guilt at, it's actually you for believing the propaganda lies you've been fed. Bet if you'd lived in 1930s Germany you'd be shoving Jewish people out into the street and screaming "THERE THEY ARE" just because the radio told you to do so, much like the 70" hi-def altar to progressive proaganda you worship now has instructed you to do.

Just remember, when you point the accusatory finger at one or more, three fingers point back at you always. Break the propaganda and think for yourself. It's obvious that's not happening when you side against historical facts and make strange bedfellows with lies, hypocrisy and slander.

• Downvote 2

6 hours ago, TwinkChaserSlut said:

I agree with you 100% but I think it is much bigger. I think it's important to realize that multiple things can be true at the same time: On the world stage, our current president is  perceived as an abysmal,  feeble leader who has led us & the world into the gates of hell because of his awful public policy positions, weakness, & overall incompetence. It's pretty clear that our previous leader (whether you hate him, love him or are indifferent to him & with all of his baggage) kept foreign tyrants at bay & kept our economy pumping. Let's not kid ourselves, Biden's perceived weakness & pacifist policies are not going to prevent Russia or China from pushing their evil agendas forward. 

What's the answer? At this point, it goes WAY beyond quibbling about which side of the two-party political fence you are on. We need to unite as a country, put our political differences aside for a bit, & 

Agreed 👍 100%

7 hours ago, ErosWired said:

Really?

The previous occupant is the man currently under multiple probes for criminal financial wrongdoing, quite apart from that little incident where he attempted to overthrow a free and fair election through violence, subterfuge, incitement and insurrection. And he’s still trying. But that’s not madness at all, is it?

You haven’t seen anything like this in 70 years? Allow me to acquaint you, Mr. Van Winkle, with the Cold War, which you evidently slept through, and a little incident known as the Bay of Pigs, in which the Soviets attempted to flex their muscle in Cuba. They had nukes. We had nukes. We came damn close to blowing up the whole fucking planet. Today, they have nukes. We have nukes, and they are very, very well aware of it. They are no more interested in ending up as a radioactive pile of cinders and ash than we are. It’s called Mutually Assured Destruction, and it’s still very much in effect, so detente still has some influence. Not something the Tangerine Tyrant would have had the sophistication to understand - the world was in far greater peril during the four years that he had his finger on the Big Red Button than it is at this moment.

Any weakness in the Western Alliance can be laid squarely at the feet of the previous administration, which actively sought to break down bonds of global cooperation and security, and not the present one, which has to clean up the godawful mess left behind.

Just what, precisely, would you have us do at this point? I’m sure that if you have a foolproof solution to this conundrum, the world would be glad to hear it. Do you have a plan in mind that would send the Russians back across their borders never to return? Do you have a strategy to satisfy Putin’s power-lust driven by his lunatic revisionist view of history? What kind of “strength” do you propose using that won’t come at a gruesome cost in lives lost? When your 70 years of wisdom comes up with something useful, let us know.

They have you programmed right where they want you to be Eros. Your head is right where they put it..UP YOUR ASS oblivious to what's going on in the world  Yes i remember the cold war but the world is much more complex that what it was then, and we didn't have an administration trying to destroy the country from within like we do with sleepy joe

You have been fooled into thinking this past election as being fare it wasn't and there's plenty of proof it WASN'T. Trump wasn't a weak feeble President. He was feared and respected by the MAJORITY of the  the World.  4 days after sleepy joe was elected Putin put his plan into motion to take over Ukraine..he knew he could get away with anything he wanted because sleepy joe is a wuss and has no back bone. And since you mentioned PRESIDENT TRUMP being investigated, why isn't sleepy joe and his druggie son being investigated for acts that as far as i am concerned are treason?  he lied about having relationships with other countries with his kid..then he said he didnt know that his kid had and now its been proven they both did for millions of dollars,,the kids a known drug user, he tosses a guy in the trash  and he's out free walking around like nothing has happened selling that no talent art ..This is just incredible..They both belong in jail. A little tax evasion don't bother me compared to what these clowns are doing to us.

They keep repeating over and over about climate change every time we have a weather event ..but every time there's an event we hear...not since 1990, or not since 1960, or not since 1959 has there been a storm or event like this......mother nature is doing her thing like she always will. who are they fooling? apparently you! i bet your driving around in a hybrid SUV or some little smart car just like they tell you to...i;m gonna keep driving my gas eating chevy pick up and my 4000 lb cadillac and i hope you don't hit me head on some night when your falling asleep in the car listening to Don Lemon and if you end up in one of those self driving cars i hope your sitting in the back seat because i doubt the air bag will even go off in my truck.

You asked what can we do about putin..   for one thing if we are going to sanction him..the NATO countries should stop buying oil from him and make a statement..thats where his wealth comes from  If we are going to make a stupid rule and stop production here and buy it from Russia thats plain nuts. Stopping production here is what has made him wealthy to fund his assault on Ukraine to begin with.  Sleepy joe thinks we are all just gonna put solar panels on our houses...along with these nicompoops like aoc sanders and this nutcase in massachuseets thats been in office for 34 years..im gonna keep my trees ...if im gonna freeze my ass off in the winter due to heating costs im sure not gonna roast in the sun all summer long

these people are nuts and they got you right where they want you..i ll take being a pig any day rather than one of the sheep to be led into slaughter like they are doing now

unfortunately the population of the big cities put this administration in power and all us people in the rural areas are saying WTF as we are expected to support all these people on these government hand out programs with the hard earned money we make by being employed   Then there's all the illegal immigrants coming in from the open border being shipped off all over the USA..i suppose you think that's ok too  The Cold WAR  yah i remember the cold war...this ones a lot colder this time  Road Scholar you profess yourself to be well you better find some new books to read and if not at least change the god dam channel

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So perhaps we should examine the situation as objectively as possible. The reasons that the Ukraine is in its current position dates back to promises made by -- wait for it -- the Clinton administration, who committed to defending them from foreign aggression provided they give up their nukes. This didn't help them now that we have a feckless response. Fast forward a few years to the Obama administration, who unfortunately also gave a fairly wane response to the annexation of Crimea, accompanied by Biden bragging about wielding influence to unseat members of the Ukraine government in exchange for a couple billion in US aid. 

Let's take where we are a bit further. That previous occupant in the White House that is the subject of derision (note: I'm not a fan either, but I'd rather deal with a few mean tweets versus the current administration) warned Europe about their increasing energy dependence on Russia. Sound like a friend of Putin? Not really the kind of action that I'd consider ass-kissing. But more importantly, Europe was already biased against anything Trump would say, so his advice on the matter was cast aside. Europe becomes a patsy because they're sucking at the teat of Gazprom. Meanwhile, back at home in the US, we not only became energy independent, we became energy dominant, which is a pretty bright move to not be dependent on your enemies for things that are essentials. We became so glutted in petroleum that you'll recall almost 2 years ago that oil futures were actually negative, owing to a lack of storage for all the crude being pumped. Demand had bottomed out because of COVID, which didn't please OPEC one iota. So keeping all that in mind, let's fast forward to present day. 

And on the comment of NATO and "whether the US should be the world's police", the prior administration -- rather than low to disassemble NATO but pressure the European community to fully commit to the 2% of GDP that each nation needs to commit to their own common defense. Now we see why that becomes important. We can't be the police of the world. 

First, let's remember that the administration provided intelligence to -- again, wait for it -- the Chinese that troop build-ups were occurring outside the Ukraine. The hope was that we could get that country to side with us, which they've shown little evidence to want to do. So they rebuffed the US, turned around, went straight back to Putin, provided our intelligence and placed themselves in a similar position to Japan at the beginning of WW2. Now with the world's attention on the 21st Century's version of invading Poland by Germany (recall that one?), China finds itself in the enviable position to turn its attention squarely to Taiwan.

Second. Ok, so why strike now? They clearly are looking at the handling of the exit from Afghanistan and how the US. failed its allies in the region and left behind $85B in military hardware to a hostile foreign power. The withdrawal was not well organized, and the protest from the US's oldest ally -- France -- was very clear in their removal of their diplomats from DC. If you're Vlad or Xi, you're probably thinking that this administration is fumbling the ball on both military leadership and detente. Especially when it sends Kamala Harris out on Monday to tote the sanctions as exceptionally tough and designed as "a deterrent", only to have Biden turn around 4 days later to refute that and admit that it was never a deterrent. And it wasn't because Putin was already set in foreign currency for quite some time, and the clear key to lock him out of the global economy would be to lock him out of SWIFT. Neither we or the EU are doing that, so Putin continues to capitalize on that lack of leadership.

Third, let's also keep in mind that before we were all ready to fully pursue a "Green economy", this administration turned its back on energy independence and cancelled drilling leases, cancelled Keystone XL, turned off the taps from Canada, and shut down key pipelines that could feed the west coast, all of which have had a serious impact on supply. Biden's recourse was to go to OPEC begging for them to increase production to supplement the growing gap in energy supplies. OPEC and the Saudis haven't been keen on that since this administration is now trying to make a deal with Iran, and the one thing that both Israel and the Saudis will always have in common is that neither of them particularly like Iran. 

Now I've tried to keep this as centered as possible on the core issues and noted that while I have a particular dislike of #45, he actually managed to accomplish some things that were positive for the country despite the constant rhetoric about "Russian collusion" (which was never proven, and moreover the Steele dossier was revealed to be completely fabricated and paid for in part by another member of the Clinton family) or other comments about the prior President. I'll admit that I truly dislike most if not all politicians. But the version I've outlined is common to what has been presented whether you watch CNN, MSNBC, Fox, Newsmax or One America. 

We have the run-up to war. Except that instead of Germany and Japan, we have Russia and China. And people seem to have forgotten that in a wide swath of areas, the most vocal sycophants of one particular political persuasion have engaged in a lot of the same types of rhetoric and behavior that we saw at the very beginning of the rise of the Third Reich. We must learn from history lest we be caused to repeat it.

3 hours ago, ohmalewhore said:

Well now we see where you get your news from .... The View, Late Night talk shows and propaganda machines built by 6 mega corporations.

Seriously, learn to research things. Find the source of the quote. Listen and read with an unbiased mind, if that's possible. As a person who neither likes nor dislikes "tHe bAd oRaNgE mAn" I did that and found that I'd heard much the same thing in the 70s and 80s from historians talking about Adolf Hitler and his using the Gliwice radio station and several other false flag events as the premise for breaking the 1934 German-Polish non-aggression pact and entering Poland to start World War Two.

It's amazing what one can learn if one puts the propaganda, bias and bloviating aside for once. Here, I'll even help guide you on your journey to enlightenment and honest research: [think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.clayandbuck.com/president-trump-with-cb-from-mar-a-lago/

So you reject the fact-gathering apparatuses of, say, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, CNN, and the like in favor of "real facts" from ... checking now... "clayandbuck.com".  One of these doofuses is a lawyer who went on a pudding strike (eating only pudding for nearly two months, trying to pressure DirectTV to offer NFL Sunday Ticket in the US Virgin Islands. The other is someone Fox Sports euphemistically called a "radio personality" (because "sports journalist" engendered too many hysterical laughs). But you'll put more faith in what they pull out their asses to tell you over news organizations whose staff collectively have centuries of experience in uncovering the news and reporting it. JFC.

• Upvote 1

Oh and a Christian hater. Well now we know what side of the landscape you work from. Biased and filled with hate. So much for "Coexist" right comrade?

You said this in response to someone suggesting prayers aren't worth shit. You made a wild, unsubstantiated leap to the notion that he must therefore hate Christians. You're demonstrating a severe inability to make logical connections here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Trump did have an idea that he might pull us out - and for very good reason. WE DON'T BELONG BEING THE POLICE FORCE TO THE WORLD! 

No one is suggesting we should be, except the imaginary bogeymen in the fevered brains of the irrational nuts who think we can retreat to within our borders and never deal with the outside world.

Show me where in our Constitution it states that we had ANY authority to do any of the acts of aggression we've done since the end of World War Two. You can't. Only Congress can vote and they gave up that duty by passing the unconstitutional War Powers Act so I will save you the effort of bringing that bogus idiocy up as your defence.

I wasn't aware you'd been appointed to simultaneously serve in a majority of the seats of the Supreme Court of the United States. You haven't? Oh, well, then, maybe you just aren't the one who gets to decide whether the WPA is constitutional or not. But you should know this: every president has advocated that the WPA is unconstitutional, not because only Congress can declare war, but because as commander in chief, the President can deploy forces even without a formal declaration of war and the reporting requirements of the WPA infringe on the President's powers, not the other way around.

Until every veteran, every homeless person and every needy person in the United States has a home, a job, and the ability to take care of themselves WITHOUT government assistance of any kind (except veterans and their families - it's the least we can do for them since they sacrificed more than most of us have ever come close to) we have NO business sending one red cent to any foreign nation - even Israel who I support - because it's not Constitutional.

While I agree that we need to do far more for our own people than we do, there is literally no provision of the Constitution that prohibits foreign aid. Your fevered imagination as to what the Constitution says is working overtime - I hope you're paying it time-and-a-half.

• Upvote 1