Chances of being pozzed not on PrEP

On 4/2/2022 at 9:59 PM, drscorpio said:

Being a math ans statistics nut, these numbers intrigue me.  Interesting to note (though not surprising) that one is much more infectious in the first 8-12 weeks of infection...slightly better than a 1 in 3 chance.  Does explain why most people likely get pozzed from a partner that doesn't actually know it yet (or only recently found out).  Outside of the acute infection period, though, I'm surprised the anal receptive number is so low.  Would think it's greater than just 1.43%, but I'm sure these people have the emprical data to back that number up.

On 5/1/2022 at 5:34 AM, pansexualperv said:

I started having gay sex 10 years ago and only started using prep in the last few years. Never caught anything though I'm off prep now and hoping to become hiv poz

What are your reasons for wanting to become poz? I am not on prep but I have stayed HIV NEG due to mainly being into BDSM and oral sex with men and women, and I stopped hooking up decades ago as I had bad experiences with men and women stalking and harassing me when we had made it clear it was just a hook up and nothing else and not dating, and COVID made me cautious, if I were having sex or dating multiple people now I would consider probably taking prep as well as use condoms for being a top as I cannot afford to become HIV+ and the meds, testing are expensive, and I have seen how someone's entire life changes when they become poz.

it must depend. i'm not on prep and still neg. although i think all my tops have been undetectable. i think most detectable guys really are more shy than they act about breeding guys that are definitely neg

I am a bottom that takes only bare cock. It’s been the last 10 years that I have concentrated on taking loads in my body. I am not on prep and have taken Poz loads (undetectable and high viral) and I’m still negative.  Know that my day is cumming and I’m ok with that.

On 4/2/2022 at 2:01 PM, BiCurious100 said:

Are there guys, on this forum, who  are not on PrEP and have fucked raw, over a long period and still remained negative?

I’ve been having raw sex since I was 17 (now 39) and am still neg (as far as I know). I’ve gone through phases of a lot of sex (random and anon, as well as with guys I know) and infrequent hook ups. I think it entirely depends on how risky your behavior is. If you’re being “risky” (a lot of anonymous and random hookups), you’re at higher risk. If you’re with guys you know and trust to be truthful about their negative or undetectable status, you’re at lower risk.