Smokers - Deal breaker?

DarkroomTaker

I'm a non-smoker and have asthma. If the wind is not favorable, I will notice the effect of second-hand smoke on my breathing, outdoors, about a quarter of a block away from a smoker.

That said, I've dated two men who smoked, and my walking buddy is a smoker.

Smoking outside — but paying attention to the wind direction — makes a big difference.

I love to kiss, and have noticed big differences depending on the brand of cigarette that someone uses. I would always kiss one of the smokers I dated. The aroma of his tobacco was pleasant. On the other hand, I once had to make an excuse to leave when I hooked up with a smoker. My mouth felt dry the moment I tried to kiss him. Whatever tobacco he used, it had an acrid, bitter aroma and a mouth-puckering effect. 🤮

My biggest worry, if I were again in a close relationship with a smoker, would be for their long-term health. Smoking is a matter of personal choice, so I would never interfere. It's also habit-forming, so stopping is not easy, even if someone decides that they would like to stop. In the context of a long-term relationship, the health consequences affect two people. The smoker is, statistically speaking, likely to die earlier than they would naturally, and is more likely than the average person to suffer from chronic lung problems and from cancer. I would do my best to see a loved one through those stages of life, but I would of course be sad for their diminished quality of life at the end, and for our loss of time together.

Reading people's responses and thinking about the original question transports me back to the 1990s. In the days of newspaper personal ads backed by voice mail, I remember one of the prompts: "Would you meet a smoker? If you'd like to meet a smoker, press 1. If not, press 0." Had I pressed 0, I would have missed out on meeting some wonderful people.

On a separate note — you cigar-smoking guys have the sexiest profile pics! 🤤

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I had my first cigarette when I was eleven. Smoked for twenty years.

When I quit I found that smoking had actually kept me from smelling the world and the fact is I wish that I had no olfactory senses at all. Now simple smells make me absolutely nauseous. I cannot walk through a department store. I cannot handle men in cologne. I absolutely cannot handle smoke of any kind. I smell everything and yet want to smell absolutely nothing.

The only scent I enjoy is the cool ocean breeze blowing eucalyptus and oranges through the warm valley of my childhood. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leatherpunk16 said:

Here's one guaranteed to cause further division.

How do you feel about smoking only after sex? Blanche Devereaux says this part is optional. 

Always need a smoke after!! But prefer before, during and after 😜

• Like 2

On 4/15/2022 at 9:24 AM, leatherpunk16 said:

Cigars are hot. Cigarettes not so much. 

Same. I've developed an appreciation for Marlboro Reds guys over the years but never smoked a cigarette myself. I find the cult/symbology aspect appealing. How Marlboro smokers like to display their packs in their pockets or on their shoulder. The smell of cigarette smoke on the hand doesn't do much for me.

My fascination and with pipes started when I was a kid before I was masturbating. Then developed into a deep seeded sexual fetish (Thanks Titpig LOL). These days I'm hard wired to cum only when I smoke.  I'm happy to fist or be fisted without smoking as FF doesn't revolve around cumming. It can also be fiddly to coordinate tamping my pipe when I’ve got both my hands buried up someone which is why the situations where smoking and FF combine it usually involves a cigar. Fucking is completely different. Smoking is essential which would explain why I fist more than I fuck as I’m only interested in being BBred by pipe/cigar smokers. Being leathered up with my legs spread in a sling there's nothing hotter than getting that first whiff of a Daddy's pipe/gar smoke. Makes my hole instinctively open up like Christmas because it knows it's about to be fucked full of Daddy cum. I've been fucked by non-smokers while I smoke but it's not the same. My online profiles make it very clear that smoking is major fetish for me so those who aren’t interested in or tolerant of smokers get the message and move on. I'll occasionally get someone message me saying "You're hot, shame you're a smoker" and my response is usually "Shame you're not a smoker" Nothing beats a Daddy/Cub smoking and fucking. Watching Daddy billowing thick smoke as his he cums inside confirming I’ve been a good cub who’s earned his load. WOOF!

• Like 1

Active cigarette, cigar, pipe smoking are all a dealbreaker for me. Many layers -- from allergies to parents dying horrible painful young deaths from smoking related cancers. I don't find smoking sexy or masculine. Although 420 is ok and I enjoy an occasional edible. 

I'm a non-smoker with mild sensitivity (I have pretty much chronic bronchitis and bad air like tobacco smoke gets my upper lungs all gummed up).  I dated one guy for 2 years who was an occasional cigar smoker who didn't smoke the day before we were together, but it's difficult.  I would say that it's almost definitely a deal-breaker.  I would have dated a guy in my social circle, but he was a heavy smoker and I just couldn't do that to myself.  But I'd get back with the occasional cigar smoker again if circumstances lined up (they won't, but, hey).

I’ve dated some cigarette smokers and all I asked was freshen your breath before you kiss me and make sure your clothes and apartment don’t reek of stale smoke, otherwise it’s a deal breaker. Tho I do have a cigar/pipe fetish. 🙂

• Upvote 1