Confusion about message notifications

I have a number of ongoing messages with another member. Over the last 3 days I have gotten 20 email notifications titled "You were added to a message" with the message being one of the ongoing message threads between us. But there is no new content from the other member. I'm able to add content to one of the existing messages and send it. When I tried to send a new message to that person yesterday, I got an error message that the person couldn't receive messages. Unfortunately, I didn't capture the exact text of the error. When I just tried again so I could capture the text, the message appears to have gone through. I also get daily site notifications that the member is now following me even though that person has been following me for awhile now.

My confusion is around whether the issue is with my account or that person's account. Not sure if I should mention the other member's handle or not, so if additional info is needed, I'm happy to provide it.

13 hours ago, Ieatcumholes said:

I have a number of ongoing messages with another member. Over the last 3 days I have gotten 20 email notifications titled "You were added to a message" with the message being one of the ongoing message threads between us. But there is no new content from the other member. I'm able to add content to one of the existing messages and send it. When I tried to send a new message to that person yesterday, I got an error message that the person couldn't receive messages. Unfortunately, I didn't capture the exact text of the error. When I just tried again so I could capture the text, the message appears to have gone through. I also get daily site notifications that the member is now following me even though that person has been following me for awhile now.

My confusion is around whether the issue is with my account or that person's account. Not sure if I should mention the other member's handle or not, so if additional info is needed, I'm happy to provide it.

I’m having a similar issue with another member 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.