Key west fun

• 1 month later...

You chose correctly .... expect to get a substantial number of loads fucked up your gut at Island House.  Now that it's summer though, there may not be quite as many men there, but it's a First Class Pigpen.  And watch out of the chickens up in the trees at night .... I think they hold it until someone walks directly under them ..... 

On 6/7/2022 at 9:59 PM, hntnhole said:

And watch out of the chickens up in the trees at night .... I think they hold it until someone walks directly under them ..... 

I concur - those fuckers jump up and fly. Yeah, they are full fledged chickens. Hide up in the trees. Koo very little, or you would have heard them earlier. I first saw them on Whitehead St (opposite side of the island), but apparently they are all over Old Town.

PS If you are not using predictable transportation (like flying in directly), average road time from Miami to KW by car is about 4 hours - tourist traffic and speed limits commonly at 45 mph. Cops can put in an appearance. You'd also want to stop somewhere - may end up as a late arrival. Be mindful of parking problems and read all warning in their FAQs.

Thanks for the tips, skinster.  I did so the drive-down to KW once, and that was more than enough.  Another time, caught a tiny "commuter" plane, where you climb up this little ladder in the tail of the plane to find a seat.  Turned out that when it was time to take off, the pilot pulled aside that dirty rag pretending to be a divider between the cabin and the cockpit, looked around, and made a fat lady change seats, since she wasn't sitting directly over the wings.  That was the last time I did that !!!  Once they built that big hotel at the end of Duval St, things started to go down hill in my mind, but I did have a lot of diiiiiiirty fun whenever we went.  

Hahaha, @hntnhole agricultural ones like that are usually a challenge. On the other hand, any plane that doesn't come to a terminal and you have to climb in via a ladder is an agricultural one in my mind. With varied on-board comfort.

I just flew one of those between Dublin and Manchester. Not too bad. It did not make me question things or change plans. I also drove the same Miami to KW route a few months back - learned it first hand. But if I had to witness a balance to the plane done by moving a fat lady around - I would go back to driving. I think that would be more predictable in consequences. And a holiday has a chance to remain a pleasure trip without turning upside down. Just a bit longer. Have fun down there!

• 3 months later...