4 hours ago, bluedragon said:

OK, it might sounds a bit odd but there's actually nothing wrong with that. The primary teaching language of his degree is English, so the 'foreign language requirement' would be to demonstrate capacity in another language than that: presumably in order to be admitted to the college he had already demonstrated his ability in English.

I suppose from that standpoint it makes some sort of sense, they want for the graduates to be conversant in English and another language. It's still sounds laughable, but there's a kind of logic.

Just now, NYBBGUY58 said:

I suppose from that standpoint it makes some sort of sense, they want for the graduates to be conversant in English and another language. It's still sounds laughable, but there's a kind of logic.

Either way, I'd be happy to have the guy fuck my ass!

12 hours ago, bluedragon said:

Lol keeping the focus on what matters eh?

For sure! It goes along with my earlier post on my general stance. I'm interested in all sorts of men, my tastes are, uh, eclectic, we'll say. (In this case, a euphemism for "slutty." 🤣)

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, germancumbear said:

I find a guy even more interesting if he's not from the same ethnic background as I am

100%.  It's not that I won't fuck guys that look like me, it's just that I much prefer guys that don't.  Too many men of my ethnicity haven't even figured out that we're all special, and equally so. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/5/2022 at 5:40 AM, Ieatcumholes said:

I wasn't going to reply to this thread, but some of the posts seem like they're speaking directly to me. So, speaking for myself as a Black man, and NOT speaking for ALL BLACK MEN,,,,

YES! I agree 1000%!!!!!

EXACTLY! And I usually think it's that person's loss and not my loss!

I realized a (relatively short 😕) long time ago that not everything is about ME! Someone posts a bunch of content that  >> I << don't like? Well, they didn't post it for ME. They posted it from THEMSELVES!

If I walked into a group scene (unlikely, but as a hypothetical situation) and every single person there wasn't my type, I would make my excuses and leave. If SOME people weren't my type, then I would focus on those who were my type. And I guess I'm just a slut, but if a man I'm not all that interested in presents me his hole to fuck and my dick is hard, I'm going to fuck him! Whether or not he's my type, be damned!

YES! THIS! I like ALL races and most shapes and sizes. I also understand that's not the case for everyone!

I've been told repeatedly over the last 30+ years, "It's not what you say. It's how you say it." In my mind (and I'm sure others will disagree with me), racism is less about what you like/don't like and more about how you EXPRESS what you like/don't like. "Sorry, I'm not interested" is QUITE the different statement from "Sorry, I don't like (insert particular group)."

Reiterating that this is just from me, about me, as a Black Man, and NOT a statement about all Black Men, it's not that I don't/won't have sex with other Black Men! I do, have and will! But one of my interests (and despite years of introspection, I still haven't figured out WHY!) is hairy men. Genetically, Black Men are not hairy. Push a hairy Black Man my way, and I'm going to be ALL over him! Some other races tend to be genetically hairier, and I am initially more drawn to them than I would be to one of my Black Brothers. Another genetic trait many of my Black Brothers tend to have is a "phat" ass. Those don't do a whole lot for me. I tend to be more interested in cupcakes (you can cup the cakes in your palms) or flat asses. Again, other races tend to have those kinds of asses, so I am more drawn to those races.... And I'm not saying that I wouldn't fuck a smooth Black Man with a "phat" ass. That just wouldn't be the FIRST man I would fuck if it were a multiple choice situation.

I've never fucked a woman and have no desire to ever fuck a woman. As I stated above, we all like what we like. And we shouldn't be faulted for that. How you would turn down an Asian or Black woman, at least for me, would determine whether or not you were racist. "Not interested." is quite the different statement from "I don't fuck Asian or Black women."

This is a completely alien concept to me. But I'm not discounting anyone else's truth. I've had sex with White, Black, Latinx, Chinese, Filipino, Tongan (? Samoan?) and Southeast Asian men (that I can immediately remember so there may be more different men I've had sex with). I do see race. But race isn't one of the determining factors on whether or not I will have sex with another man. But I realize and understand that race IS a determining factor for some people.

And I was with you until this. I grew up in an all black neighborhood. I went to an all-black Elementary school. I was introduced to white people in Junior High and High School. For college, I applied to one HBCU and two non-HBCU's. (Historically Black College or University) I got into all three schools. Even though I got a full scholarship to the HBCU, I chose one of the other schools on the other side of the country. Not because I wanted to "graduate" and find a place outside of black society, but because I wanted to get as far away from where I grew up as I could without leaving the country. And, although I had the opportunity to request the African-American theme house at the non-HBCU as a freshman, I didn't. Because I wanted to experience something different. If I had wanted the same experience I grew up with, I would've gone to the HBCU.  I ended up getting placed in the Asian-American theme house. And I ended up living there three of my four years. My Junior year, I was a Theme Associate. My Senior year, I was a Resident Assistant.

My skin tone is dark enough that I can never pass for anything other than Black. So, there is no way I can "graduate" and find a place outside of black society. I love my people. We CAN be fierce. We aren't always though. And just as I'm sure people see me as a representative of my race, I'm equally sure that people see my race as representing me.. I can love my people without feeling like I need to be immersed in "black society."

Excuse me, but think I might 🥰 you! 😉

The "thug" stereotype of today is nothing more than an update from the Mandingo stereotype of the 70s. Gay Black men are seen as either macho thugs or effeminate queens. Heaven forbid we don't be at either end of the spectrum....

As much as I like white men, blond, in and of itself, doesn't do a whole lot for me. Never has. A blond man has to have something else to catch my eye; otherwise, he goes to the back of the line behind brown-haired, brunette and redheaded white men. But I know I'm in the minority in that regard. American culture seems to have a boner for Blondes!

I don't bottom much. But if a Latinx guy with a 9" dick wanted to fuck me, I probably wouldn't turn him down! And I would definitely choose to bottom for him before I'd choose to fuck a blond unless the blond checked something else off my list of 👅 👅 👅

As a general rule, whenever (the generic) you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one, especially yourself! Put out something you are happy with and don't worry about anybody who won't be happy with it!

Women are sometimes told, "The best way to get over a man is to get under another one!" The same is true for gay bottoms. For gay tops, it's, "The best way to get over a man is to get on top of another one!" And I have stopped thinking, "my loss! 😭 " when rejected by someone. I now think, "HIS loss!" 

Those who can, do. Those who can't, criticize! Only YOU can do you! Other people are always going to try to live your life for you. But YOU are the only person who can live it! And NEVER give that power up to anyone else!

Yes, there was a time when a Black person who looked at a White person in any way other than deferential or submissive was likely to be lynched. And that's the kind of thing that permeates through generations of Blacks in certain areas of the US. (I don't know about places outside of the US.)

While I really want to claim BS to that, my second reaction is, "Yeah, that may be right." The DL movement started around Black men who had sex with other men on the down low. There would very likely be many fewer questions about "why do you know that White man (whether or not he appeared to be effeminate)" than there would be about "why do you know that gay Black man".

Yes! See my statement above.

As I've already posited, I believe it is ok to tell someone you're not attracted to them. It's HOW you tell them that makes the difference. "Sorry, not a match." or "Sorry, not interested." is fine. "I don't DO (men of a particular race or trait)!" isn't fine.

And it's now past my bedtime, so I'm going to end this rather long post.

Offhand, I think that’s one of the best and most thoughtful posts (with a lovely thread of dry humour) that I’ve read in a long time. 

...who turn down sexual opportunities...

The more they do so, the more there is for the rest of us.  Whether it's race or anything else, guys with comically prescriptive criteria should be encouraged, I say.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gwmxyz said:

The more they do so, the more there is for the rest of us.  Whether it's race or anything else, guys with comically prescriptive criteria should be encouraged, I say.

Brilliant! Why try to save them from their own foolishness?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NYBBGUY58 said:

Brilliant! Why try to save them from their own foolishness?

It's not that I want to save racists from their own foolishness.

But I do think it behooves all of us to do what we can to help ensure there's a little less racism in the world - not just by refusing to judge on the basis of race ourselves, but calling out others who do, as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2022 at 10:03 AM, RawPlug said:

Offhand, I think that’s one of the best and most thoughtful posts (with a lovely thread of dry humour) that I’ve read in a long time. 

and I'd completely agree !!!  

On 5/10/2022 at 10:03 AM, RawPlug said:

blond, in and of itself, doesn't do a whole lot for me. Never has.

Being of that particular type, (with a little disguising grey creeping in) and knowing far too well how so many that may look like me have never bothered to question why they seem to be so idealized, I am usually not interested. 

Why? They're/I'm the archetype of White Privilege, palest of the powerful pale, and unless there's been some serious activity directly beneath the blond locks to understand/self-examination resulting in correctional attitudes, I tend to avoid them.  Obviously though, the darkness of the darkrooms is the Great Equalizer, in that no one can tell what racial group you're descended from via braille.  

On 5/5/2022 at 12:40 AM, Ieatcumholes said:

And I was with you until this. I grew up in an all black neighborhood. I went to an all-black Elementary school. I was introduced to white people in Junior High and High School. For college, I applied to one HBCU and two non-HBCU's. (Historically Black College or University) I got into all three schools. Even though I got a full scholarship to the HBCU, I chose one of the other schools on the other side of the country. Not because I wanted to "graduate" and find a place outside of black society, but because I wanted to get as far away from where I grew up as I could without leaving the country. And, although I had the opportunity to request the African-American theme house at the non-HBCU as a freshman, I didn't. Because I wanted to experience something different. If I had wanted the same experience I grew up with, I would've gone to the HBCU.  I ended up getting placed in the Asian-American theme house. And I ended up living there three of my four years. 

Thanks for sharing this. This passage hit me as familiar, or at least the other side of my background.

My story: I grew up in a town where we knew all of the people who had different racial backgrounds -- Hispanic/Latinx, Vietnamese, Indian and of course Black/AA. The rest of town was white. Like >99% white. And across the road from an urban area that was > 80% non-white. If my white neighbors saw a POC walking into town from that direction, the police got a call to ask them their business (if you were black walking through my town, your lucky number wasn't "911"). I befriended the Latinx and Indian kids growing up because I just didn't feel I had much to share with other kids of my background. I was also friends with a kid that was gay and black (yeah, you can imagine that one in this town). To give you a time-frame, this was 70's into the mid-80's, and my town wasn't exactly a snobby place to be. But we were surrounded by all kinds of bigotry and distrust of others who weren't white like I was. When I had a chance to go to college, I chose NYU and my classmates...well, didn't. I just wanted to be as far away from where I'd grown up and NY seemed perfect for that for me. And it was.

Fast forward to years later. I've been involved with people of every race and background. As Dr. King put it, it wasn't the color of their skin but the content of their character that held appeal to me. Admittedly, I have probably different views from a lot of people here, views that I formed for myself based on my experiences -- what I saw, what I experienced, what others experienced around me. I moved to a fairly upscale neighborhood, and I love where I am, plus I like my neighbors. Our section of the development is very racially diverse, which isn't easy to find down here but it exists. Both my neighbors are black. My friend down the block is also between two other black neighbors. Several Asian and Latinx families are in this section as well. And while it wasn't planned that way, I prefer this because the world would just be so boring with a singular composition of people. 

Wish I had a simple explanation why I didn't come out of the experience with bigotry toward other races like others around me did, but I don't think much of it and happy I didn't. Oh, and the town? It eventually changed and it's now a very gay friendly community. So I guess people do grow and learn...or just die off. 😃

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Beautiful post, @TheSRQDude!

As I was reading I thought, "He must be talking about San Leandro!" It's a small, formerly agricultural city east of Oakland, on the San Francisco Bay. It was segregated in exactly the way you describe. Police were stationed at the border, to follow any African American who entered.

Industrialized building techniques for single-family homes were pioneered in and around San Leandro at the end of World War II. Restrictive covenants forbidding non-white owners were a selling point (!). Non-white domestic workers could live there, so I guess fucking the maid was OK. But the homes were cheap and small. The target customer would not have earned enough to hire a live-in maid, nor would there have been an extra room for her.

San Leandro's other claim to fame is that it was desegregated only in the late 1970s and only under federal court order. An actor named Brian Copeland performs a monologue about his experience as one of the first African American children to grow up in San Leandro. 

Whatever city you grew up in, you seem to have broken the rules of segregation from a young age. Bravo for meeting people of all races, on a social level and later, on a sexual level as well!

Edited by fskn