Rashes after partying ?

• Moderators

One possible cause for palm rashes is secondary syphilis. Being on PrEP, it shouldn't ever get to secondary - but if you're not getting tested for it regularly, now would be a great time to get that checked.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, viking8x6 said:

One possible cause for palm rashes is secondary syphilis. Being on PrEP, it shouldn't ever get to secondary - but if you're not getting tested for it regularly, now would be a great time to get that checked.

I suspected that too, tho I did just get tested one and a half month ago. 
Will schedule a visit to the sex clinic  soon 

• Upvote 1

Seems to me that the more likely explanation is a skin infection. When you party you often forget to take a shower. DO IT. USE SOAP. It's like staying hydrated. Your skin needs to be cleaned after hours of partying and getting stuff like lube and whatever all over you.

When I was partying I got some nasty MRSA infections, including one on my scrotum. You do not want to have to get an injection of xylicaine in your scrotum. Trust me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sfmike64 said:

Seems to me that the more likely explanation is a skin infection. When you party you often forget to take a shower. DO IT. USE SOAP. It's like staying hydrated. Your skin needs to be cleaned after hours of partying and getting stuff like lube and whatever all over you.

When I was partying I got some nasty MRSA infections, including one on my scrotum. You do not want to have to get an injection of xylicaine in your scrotum. Trust me.

Thank you, I’ll keep that in mind!

• Like 1

Could also be contact dermatitis aka just a rash. if you were up on your hands and knees and your palms were rubbing against an abrasive bedsheet or carpet - same with your arms - it can create inflammation that leads to a rash or bumpy or dry peeling skin. Had this recently on my left palm being caused by a jacket I've always worn and never had any issue with- nor since.

Best get it checked out by a doctor if you can but if it's not STI-related then some simple OTC 0.1% Hydrocortisone cream sorts it right out.

Soap - while vital in all other areas of life MAY prolong the healing as it dries out the affected area.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Sfmike64 said:

When you party you often forget to take a shower. DO IT. USE SOAP. It's like staying hydrated. Your skin needs to be cleaned after hours of partying and getting stuff like lube and whatever all over you.

This is very good advice from @Sfmike64, and it applies to a wide range of sexual play.

Some doctors recommend Hibiclens, a foaming chlorhexidine wash. Whether that might help you or not, it's worth discussing the rashes with your medical professional.

Hope you will be all better soon!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I definitely shower a lot when I slam and smoke alot. I get very sweaty and the old lub is all sticky. I sometimes love it makes me feel very abused and slutty. I once had a rash on my leggs arms and chest after I bottomed for a few tops. But it turned out it was from the rug or cleaner used on the rug.

I got dragged off the bed and got fucked on the floor.

• Like 3

On 5/6/2022 at 11:54 PM, viking8x6 said:

One possible cause for palm rashes is secondary syphilis. Being on PrEP, it shouldn't ever get to secondary

My college biology class was a kazillion years ago so I may have missed something, but how would an antiviral (the PrEP drugs) prevent the progression of a bacterial infection (syphilis)?

2 hours ago, ejaculaTe said:

My college biology class was a kazillion years ago so I may have missed something, but how would an antiviral (the PrEP drugs) prevent the progression of a bacterial infection (syphilis)?

The answer lies in the continuation of @viking8x6's message...

On 5/6/2022 at 8:54 PM, viking8x6 said:

[...] but if you're not getting tested for it regularly [...]

The US CDC PrEP guidelines call upon medical providers to order quarterly testing for syphilis (and other STIs) when they prescribe oral PrEP. This applies to at-risk patients, including all sexually active men who have sex with men (MSM) and trans people.

With such frequent testing, syphilis would never progress to the secondary stage, in a PrEP patient.

Because oral PrEP is usually dispensed in a 90-day supply, conscientious prescribers don't approve prescription  refills until patients have completed their quarterly STI tests.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, ejaculaTe said:

I may have missed something, but how would...

You are correct, it wouldn't. @fskn explained what I was thinking (good read, that!): the regular testing would catch it before it got that far. I would add that for me, the regular testing possibly has been the greatest benefit of being on PrEP. I haven't been having so much sex that I would have been likely to pick up HIV even without it, but it has been enough to pick up at least 2 STIs including syphilis, and we caught them early, which makes me happy.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

You are correct, it wouldn't. @fskn explained what I was thinking (good read, that!): the regular testing would catch it before it got that far. I would add that for me, the regular testing possibly has been the greatest benefit of being on PrEP. I haven't been having so much sex that I would have been likely to pick up HIV even without it, but it has been enough to pick up at least 2 STIs including syphilis, and we caught them early, which makes me happy.

Needless to say, my thanks to @fskn for sorting out what the "it" meant in the phrase "tested for it."  

• Like 1