Testosterone- TRT

Opensesame

Anyone have experience with testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)? Did it help your mood and your sex drive? Any complications or downsides as a result of TRT? I am a bio male, not FtM, if that makes a difference. 

Edited by Opensesame
Clarification
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Opensesame said:

Anyone have experience with testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)? Did it help your mood and your sex drive? Any complications or downsides as a result of TRT? I am a bio male, not FtM, if that makes a difference. 

Been doing TRT for  7-8 years. Started with gel and have done injections the last 5 years. I've been told I'm more (maybe too) aggressive from a mood standpoint when my level peaks. My Dr. is working on lowering the dosage. It's had a positive effect on my sex drive in that I feel more confident when in a situation where I may have to be the top. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I was on gel a few years ago, but I found it too gross to fool with. A few months ago, I noticed a big drop off in my performance, and the doctor put me on injections (after verifying that my testosterone levels were still low). 

It's been good for my sex drive although I do notice a drop off the last few days before I get another shot. 
My chest is slowly getting more hairy. 

My bf approves of both changes. 

@Queenzlander59, no effect on the size of my cock. 

• Like 4

It improves many things including sex drive. My mood is generally better. You do need to get your blood tested regularly to make sure it's not to much as the therapy can make your blood thicker which is not good.

• Like 2

I was on it for about 12 years, I had to stop because I got prostate cancer, and testosterone helps the tumors to grow. So after the treatment I had to stop. I gave myself injections the entire time, and it really helped to bring my libido back. But it doesn’t do anything for your dick size.

If you don’t like needles, then you can get a gel or a roll-on which you put on your skin. The injections were much less expensive and I’m not phobic about needles so I didn’t have a problem with that. It was every two weeks. 

If you’re over 50 and have a family history of prostate cancer you may want to be very careful with using it.

• Like 2

Testosterone replacement therapy is VERY worth it. You mood, libido and more will improve from it. Just man up and learn how to give yourself an intramuscular shot. It's one time every week or two as opposed to expensive topical creams. Also, take advantage and get in the gym and work on your body-temple. That will elevate things even more.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Hey agree with MuscledHorse  Have tried it as an addition via an Intramuscular shot.  Big boost in mood, energy and libido, which combined with taking advantage of working out at the gym, felt pumped and mega hard and horny all the time 

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, endowed said:

What about the side effects?  I hear it causes hair loss, weight gain, manboobs, etc.

Google is your friend, talk to your Doctor. Those sides I think are more common if you under 40yo.

I've been using T injections since 1999. Now in '22 we have rejuvenation clinics.  Aesthetics plus libido is a great thing. What sides? It's all good for me. Friends might say my moods are unstable; quick to anger, quick to fuck, and take too many chances.

I took 900mg/week to get ready for IML. Most men are prescribed 150mg/week or every 2 weeks or some even just get 1 shot per month.

I was on  t injections for a few years and came down with prostrate cancer  was caused by the injections , confirmed by my doctor.  had the chemo and now  have very hard time  with sex . stay off  it if you have a chou ice  

I've been on TRT for over 8 years. Before starting I was having symptoms similar to a woman going through menopause, mood swings, hot flashes, lack of sec drive etc. Started with a large dose every 3 weeks but have been on a small dose weekly for at least 5 years. The only side effects for me have been that an increase in body hair (a definite plus) and my balls have decreased in size (a minus as they weren't large to begin with). No more hot flashes or mood swings and my sex drive is back to where it was. I haven't had any sign of aggressive behavior.  

• Like 2