We had our first Cum Union in a while last  night in Montreal I was going to attend until I saw a report of their being 17 suspected cases in Montreal.

So I changed my mind and didn't go. Of course new report out this morning only two cases confirmed.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

I lived in Africa 3 years back in the 80's, yes there are infectious agents that many other places are not familiar with. Similar things happened with the European invasion of the world where disease was spread to populations with no immune resistance. It is not about "welfare". The ease of travel today exposes all peoples to infectious agents. Pointing blame is silly and misguided at the least, including Covid.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 19

I’ve just got an alert via Romeo warning promiscuous gay people the risks of Monkeypox. Another friend had Hepatitis A, he said there  is a disease among gay people.

I hate this. I love to be  a bareback slut or stud but I hate that I have bad feelings about these things after every bareback orgy  

• Like 1

• Moderators

Monkeypox is not particularly similar to syphilis in any way.  Before deciding what (if any) behavior changes you would make in the event of larger outbreaks or widespread appearance of it (neither of which appear likely at this time), you would be well-advised to read up on the actual facts about it.  A reasonable starting point would be the CDC page on it:

https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/index.html

• Like 4
  • Upvote 10
  • Thanks 1

Thank @viking8x6 for the CDC link. 

The wider question  is that for many chasers or bareback lovers here, if a disease affect their look more than temporarily, what would they react ? Wasn’t trying to create panic , and definitely not pointing fingers.  

We all like to be cumdumps but having scars all over one’s body would be counterproductive to that. Most men do care about look.  

Sad that I get a downvote for asking an innocent question while blatant racism like leather69 is completely fine. Lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, john54476 said:

I lived in Africa 3 years back in the 80's, yes there are infectious agents that many other places are not familiar with. Similar things happened with the European invasion of the world where disease was spread to populations with no immune resistance. It is not about "welfare". The ease of travel today exposes all peoples to infectious agents. Pointing blame is silly and misguided at the least, including Covid.

Yes, all diseases have to start somewhere and it’s stupid to be xenophobic regarding on that. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Leather69 said:

Europe has opened it's borders to swarms from africa seeking welfare etc and this has come with them.

Read the CDC pages and you will find out that this is not generally the case. Monkeypox outbreaks are largely associated with transmission from animals exported from Africa or from people who traveled to Africa and contracted it there. The disease is not common in humans (even in Africa).

• Like 4

On 5/20/2022 at 1:23 PM, viking8x6 said:

Monkeypox is not particularly similar to syphilis in any way.  Before deciding what (if any) behavior changes you would make in the event of larger outbreaks or widespread appearance of it (neither of which appear likely at this time), you would be well-advised to read up on the actual facts about it.  A reasonable starting point would be the CDC page on it:

Thank you for that. A sober counterpoint to some of the more lurid headlines. 
I don’t know about other countries, but I’ve had the distinct impression in the UK that, having squeezed every last drop out of Covid, the media has seized on monkeypox as something else to terrify us with (aka generating clickbait with artificial hysteria). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, bareback-flipflop said:

Another friend had Hepatitis A

FYI, a vaccine against Hepatitis A has been available for more than two decades. Gay men are at particular risk, and we owe it to ourselves to get vaccinated.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 2

On 5/20/2022 at 1:23 PM, viking8x6 said:

On 5/20/2022 at 2:06 PM, viking8x6 said:

Read the CDC pages and you will find out that this is not generally the case. Monkeypox outbreaks are largely associated with transmission from animals exported from Africa or from people who traveled to Africa and contracted it there. The disease is not common in humans (even in Africa).

Thanks to Viking for the good information, according to the U.K. press many of the infections are amongst gay men, the last thing we want is this to be used against the our community, there is a vaccine available, we all just need to ensure we stick to the facts.

• Upvote 3

On 5/21/2022 at 3:08 AM, rublthlad said:

Thanks to Viking for the good information, according to the U.K. press many of the infections are amongst gay men, the last thing we want is this to be used against the our community, there is a vaccine available, we all just need to ensure we stick to the facts.

The BBC has posted this article on their website - it’s their usual one-sided approach to journalism. 
[think before following links] https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-61527835

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, rublthlad said:

......, the last thing we want is this to be used against the our community,.....

Exactly this. This new outbreak is already turning against the gay community and emphasizes the gay scene (sauna’s, darkrooms, gay parties, darklands and similar fetish events) as being the cause. This will harm tolerance against the ‘underground’ character of the gay scene. Let’s hope this outbreak is over soon to avoid a new wave of gay bashing and related violence.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, fskn said:

FYI, a vaccine against Hepatitis A has been available for more than two decades. Gay men are at particular risk, and we owe it to ourselves to get vaccinated.

I know, I have got all the vaccines I could get. I just mentioned that there was always something, which could make barebackers anxious. 
As I know well, the vaccine for smallpox is effective in avoiding Monkeypox 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2