2 hours ago, EuroMusk76 said:

FWIW the WHO has just declared Monkeypox a global health emergency.

It is becoming a truly worrying situations, let's hope it does not reach epidemic levels but i am afraid it is heading there already as i speak.

2 hours ago, EuroMusk76 said:

FWIW the WHO has just declared Monkeypox a global health emergency.

Let's hope international cooperation and coordination works better in this case than at the last declared global health emergency: COVID-19.

I saw this earlier today. One note about this declaration.. "It is apparently the first time that the director general has overruled his advisers to declare a public health emergency." Serious stuff. Certain cities in the US are having  much harder time with it, but cases here are spreading fairly quickly.

I post news stories, the latest science around the monkeypox outbreak on Facebook, it's geared to mostly LGBTQ folks in the US, but it's useful for anyone trying to sort through all the news..  [think before following links] https://www.facebook.com/groups/stopthempox
Stop The Mpox #Monkeypox News and Health Updates for the LGBTQ community.

Edited by drbonemor

Here 30 miles outside DC, the vaccine is NOT available, according to my doctor, this week, in July  

In two weeks, there is an orgy I was invited too. Usually I’d go. But my personal choice is that I am not going to attend a naked mens’ party with usually 40+ guys, naked, touching, and at close quarters in a small suburban house.  DC is a hot spot for outbreaks!

DUDES!  Don't we bear at least SOME responsibility for our own behavior?   If not entirely caused by us, at minimum we have exacerbated the monkeypox outbreak by spreading it at gay events.   Why is the CDC, the government, the president . . .anyone? .  . . responsible for fixing this, especially if we don’t work to fix it ourselves!

We did so much for HIV. We worked together.  Why can’t we keep it in our pants for a month?!?!  Or two??!  Apparently during the covid lockdowns, massive chains of stds literally dried up and ended from lack of contacts to transmit them. Could we have a short period of ‘no sex’ coordinated effort? Stop the exponential transmission of this shit!!  

Dudes. I am a sex positive, fag, faerie, slut, dom top, unapologetic homosexual. HUGE Rawtop fan.

But DUDES  we need to step up. The passion with which we share ourselves and celebrate our gayness can be problematic, nature-wise. I include a link to this vintage commercial for Chiffon margarine.   It’s not nice to fool Mother Nature.  It makes my point nicely.  

If I ran the zoo (and I do not)   I’d promote an annual sex-free period for gay men world-wide, annually, to stamp out bugs.  I’d love to hear an epidemiologist opinion about this!   

Regardless . . .this monkeypox thing could have been nipped in the bud, and it should have been. How could we take better care of ourselves? We are on our own!

Obviously, ‘no nut November’ won’t work. We are all horny in November.  Am I right?

But ‘Dick Free August’  or ‘Spank Bank August’  Idk, I am not a marketing expert. What period would you chose to promote a gay sex free break for monkeypox?

FUCK FREE FEBRUARY?   Hands off! Keep your dick to yourself!   ????

I am all for we as a community saying “We will do what we can!”   Believe me, when I can get a monkeyshot I will get it.  But I am not waiting  around for guvment help!!!

We help ourselves. Literally   

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, bbfarm said:

Here 30 miles outside DC, the vaccine is NOT available, according to my doctor, this week, in July  

In two weeks, there is an orgy I was invited too. Usually I’d go. But my personal choice is that I am not going to attend a naked mens’ party with usually 40+ guys, naked, touching, and at close quarters in a small suburban house.  DC is a hot spot for outbreaks!

DUDES!  Don't we bear at least SOME responsibility for our own behavior?   If not entirely caused by us, at minimum we have exacerbated the monkeypox outbreak by spreading it at gay events.   Why is the CDC, the government, the president . . .anyone? .  . . responsible for fixing this, especially if we don’t work to fix it ourselves!

We did so much for HIV. We worked together.  Why can’t we keep it in our pants for a month?!?!  Or two??!  Apparently during the covid lockdowns, massive chains of stds literally dried up and ended from lack of contacts to transmit them. Could we have a short period of ‘no sex’ coordinated effort? Stop the exponential transmission of this shit!!  

Dudes. I am a sex positive, fag, faerie, slut, dom top, unapologetic homosexual. HUGE Rawtop fan.

But DUDES  we need to step up. The passion with which we share ourselves and celebrate our gayness can be problematic, nature-wise. I include a link to this vintage commercial for Chiffon margarine.   It’s not nice to fool Mother Nature.  It makes my point nicely.  

If I ran the zoo (and I do not)   I’d promote an annual sex-free period for gay men world-wide, annually, to stamp out bugs.  I’d love to hear an epidemiologist opinion about this!   

Regardless . . .this monkeypox thing could have been nipped in the bud, and it should have been. How could we take better care of ourselves? We are on our own!

Obviously, ‘no nut November’ won’t work. We are all horny in November.  Am I right?

But ‘Dick Free August’  or ‘Spank Bank August’  Idk, I am not a marketing expert. What period would you chose to promote a gay sex free break for monkeypox?

I am all for we as a community saying “We will do what we can!”   Believe me, when I can get a monkeyshot I will get it.  But I am not waiting  around for guvment help!!!

It makes sense. 

2 hours ago, bbfarm said:

Hmm somehow tie February and VD  (Valentines Day) into one bundle- with VD and other STI's... might work, but you need to work the floral and candy industry in to the program too  .  Say no to infections, just buy more confections. Or, give a box ofcandy this month, not a case of chlymedia .  And of course the florists could offer up- let our rosebuds bloom, not your grooms...

Edited by AlwaysOpen
typo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bbfarm said:

I agree, we need to take some responsibility and initiative to get in front of this until we can get most of the population vaccinated.

I also agree that "No Nut November" was one of the worst concepts ever. There are too many proven health benefits to ejaculating on a regular basis, and as far as I'm aware no known health reasons not to masterbate by jacking off in the conventional manner. I'm about to turn 53 and still need that release twice a day. After COVID, I'm definitely not thrilled with going back to self stimulation for a few months, but am acknowledging the reality that it is the correct course of action at this point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bbfarm said:

I kindly disagree with this point. One should start asking where and why are these global breakouts occurring.

The answer is usually shut-up, shut down gatherings and accept a vax...or be canceled.

If we shut down gay events, please let's also include public parks, men's' restrooms, Grindr, bbrt.com, (this site), truck stops, ABS, and motel cum dumps.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, bbfarm said:

Our community is somewhat legendary for working with health authorities on things like contact tracing. And the fact that thousands of vax appointments here in NYC are gone in 7 minutes says a lot about our community’s willingness to do stuff to end this. 

I refuse to blame the victim on this one. Read Peter Staley’s account of what the FDA and CDC have gotten wrong so far…

https://apple.news/Am5peboTYQfuX_N0R_WS6QQ

It’s appalling. It’s incompetent. They literally learned nothing from COVID.

The 7 day average increase in cases in NYC was 9.5% PER DAY this past week. I’d bet money it was a lot lower in Montréal and Toronto where they have adequate vaccine supplies. That means it’s not us, it’s them. (Does anyone have the data for MTL or TO?)

That said, could we do more? Absolutely. This weekend is Pines Party weekend. I’m mortified it wasn’t canceled. It will be a super spreader event. Rumor is they somehow have vaccines and are going to try to vaccinate everyone who shows up. But that’s only going to make the cases more mild - it won’t stop infections or spread. 

On the other hand fewer guys are showing up. The Pines is quieter than a normal Pines Party weekend, and I saw a comment about how the CumUnion party in MTL was pretty sparsely attended. So people are pulling back. 

Would it be wonderful to have a few weeks each year when people stop having sex and everyone gets tested? Yeah. But that’s not a realistic goal.  You have to deal with reality. 

• Like 3

Most interesting conversation.  Actually, I didn't go out last weekend, and I won't be this weekend either.  I want the damn monkey vaccination before I resume the usual weekend m.o.  Have requests for an appt in at as many places that are taking reservations (or, at least those I know about).  

So, dry weekend ahead.  I should clean out the garage anyway, dammittall ...... still have hurricane-preparedness shit to shovel too, doubledammitall ..... damn monkeys in Africa ...... but, this too shall pass (at some point, tripledammitall  😬😒☹️😠💢

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, NWUSHorny said:

I agree, we need to take some responsibility and initiative to get in front of this until we can get most of the population vaccinated.

I also agree that "No Nut November" was one of the worst concepts ever. There are too many proven health benefits to ejaculating on a regular basis, and as far as I'm aware no known health reasons not to masterbate by jacking off in the conventional manner. I'm about to turn 53 and still need that release twice a day. After COVID, I'm definitely not thrilled with going back to self stimulation for a few months, but am acknowledging the reality that it is the correct course of action at this point.

According to the latest research I reviewed (and I really did read the research) the optimal number of orgasms a month for prostate health is 21.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blackrobe said:

According to the latest research I reviewed (and I really did read the research) the optimal number of orgasms a month for prostate health is 21.  

I see I have some work to do.....

2 hours ago, blackrobe said:

Better read that research again, most of the sources say "men who ejaculated the most (at least 21 times a month) had a 20% lower risk of prostate cancer versus those who ejaculated 4 to 7 times a month."

You are welcome to draw your own conclusion, but I will be speaking out against "No Nut November" again this year. I'm also personally placing a moratorium on my casual hookup activity until vaccinations for monkeypox can be distributed.

Edited by NWUSHorny

• Administrators

Some localities are pushing back and defying the CDC/FDA on the 2nd dose. San Francisco has now said it will be putting off the 2nd dose…

https://apple.news/AyW4eUNIETCyxAq3miLAJaQ

I saw something somewhere that Colorado will only be giving first doses as well (for now).

Refer to the Science.org article above for why this is OK (there's solid science behind just one dose for now). It's also what Canada is doing.

Remember - it makes no difference to you if you get your 2nd dose 4 weeks later or 2 years later. The only way to get Mpox to go away quickly is to get lots of first doses rolled out. So please refuse your 2nd dose until everyone who wants one can get their first dose.

In other Bay Area news… Monkeypox has been detected in the waste water of 10 of the 11 areas that are monitored.

https://apple.news/AIiZPTIWwQoWGXSdhKocnZQ

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, NWUSHorny said:

Better read that research again, most of the sources say "men who ejaculated the most (at least 21 times a month) had a 20% lower risk of prostate cancer versus those who ejaculated 4 to 7 times a month."

You are welcome to draw your own conclusion, but I will be speaking out against "No Nut November" again this year. I'm also personally placing a moratorium on my casual hookup activity until vaccinations for monkeypox can be distributed.

I'm a bit bewildered by how my chiming in with factual support for your position on ejaculation results in this kind of push-back. How did you decide I wasn't supporting your position from my response?

The text you are using is actually from the reporting on the studies, and not from the studies or abstracts that I've reviewed. Science reporting is notoriously imprecise and simplified, which is why I always look for the study the reporting is based on. Here's what that study says in the "Results and Limitations" section:

During 480831 person-years, 3839 men were diagnosed with PCa. Ejaculation frequency at age 40-49 yr was positively associated with age-standardized body mass index, physical activity, divorce, history of sexually transmitted infections, and consumption of total calories and alcohol. Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test utilization by 2008, number of PSA tests, and frequency of prostate biopsy were similar across frequency categories. In multivariable analyses, the hazard ratio for PCa incidence for ≥21 compared to 4-7 ejaculations per month was 0.81 (95% confidence interval [CI] 0.72-0.92; p<0.0001 for trend) for frequency at age 20-29 yr and 0.78 (95% CI 0.69-0.89; p<0.0001 for trend) for frequency at age 40-49 yr. Associations were driven by low-risk disease, were similar when restricted to a PSA-screened cohort, and were unlikely to be explained by competing causes of death.

If the Prostate Cancer hazard ratio for 21 and over ejaculations at 95% CI is the same and not broken out separately, it seems like my statement is a reasonable one to make. Once you ejaculate 21 times in a month there is no additional statistically significant reduction in risk from more ejaculations or it would have been reported in the results.

There is nothing detrimental about ejaculating *more* than 21 times per month, it just doesn't significantly alter the prostate cancer risk that this study was focused on.

(Ejaculation Frequency and Risk of Prostate Cancer: Updated Results with an Additional Decade of Follow-up

Jennifer R Rider 1, Kathryn M Wilson 2, Jennifer A Sinnott 3, Rachel S Kelly 4, Lorelei A Mucci 2, Edward L Giovannucci 5)