The Guardian takes a look at the laggard response to MPX by the US health agencies.

Slow response to monkeypox exposes ‘tired, overworked’ US health agencies

Virus has taken hold amid ragged system ravaged by years of underfunding, messy bureaucracy and Covid

[think before following links] https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/01/monkeypox-us-virus-vaccine-health-response

• Like 1

Serious question.

And I don't mean to inflame or go against the current narrative (nor think critically).

Might there be anyone here or that you know who will NOT be getting the MPX VAX or simply waiting?

Full disclosure: I have my mpx vaccine appointment confirmed for this week in NYC.

That story about someone riding the metro in Madrid full with mpox blisters was totally made up. Dude had something called "neurofibromatosis". Someone took pic and posted on Twitter for attention:

[think before following links] https://www.reddit.com/r/Monkeypox/comments/wetczt/the_monkeypox_patient_on_the_subway_in_spain_was/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 8/1/2022 at 2:22 PM, SFSloppyAznBottom said:

Got my vaccine today at SFGH.

line was about 6 hours.

strongly recommended getting there around 7am, that’ll put you way ahead in the line 

I don't like to criticize but there sure has to be a better way than having people wait for hours? Online appointment system? Waiting lists? ... Kaiser SF, Martinez DPH, ... All have used variations of this and tons of people have got their vax without wasting time. 

I'm a lucky li'l faggot😈😎!! I've become increasingly concerned about the spread of Monkeypox in our gay community over the last several days. Vaccine is in very short supply...boys have been standing in line for hours only to be told that the vaccine supply has been exhausted. Yesterday, CA Gov. Gavin Newsom declared a California-wide Health Emergency because of Monkeypox. This morning, I'm sure it's only a coincidence, I received a text from my health care provider, Stanford (University) Health Care, that Monkey pox vaccine was now available. I met the criteria (possible exposure at GearUp Weekend earlier last month). I immediately signed up and received an appointment response this afternoon. I have a vaccination appointment Thursday morning...Woohoo😂!!! Thank you Gay Gods...now please help my other gay brothers!! 😛

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, rawfuckr said:

I don't like to criticize but there sure has to be a better way than having people wait for hours? Online appointment system? Waiting lists? ... Kaiser SF, Martinez DPH, ... All have used variations of this and tons of people have got their vax without wasting time. 

The demand is much higher than supply ; most of the vaccines were reserved for the drop in at the general hospital. You’d be in a longer line if you made an appointment. I made an appointment and still hadn’t heard back from that .

And you are right to criticize this! It’s disastrous and absolutely should be managed better.

however the line does feel like a community block party 😉 lots of hot guys too

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rawfuckr said:

Most people who made an appointment is still waiting to hear back. Knowing myself I can’t risk much longer 

Sadly because of the limited availability of the Vax, Health Departments are starting to limit it, especially in Florida.  Not totally surprised as the Governor is pretty anti gay, and the person he appointed as the State Surgeon General is little more than an ass kisser to him.

Screenshot_20220803-085239_Telegram.jpg

• Administrators

So… MEA CULPA… The article that I started this thread with is FAKE NEWS!

Apparently guy in the pic has neurofibromatosis, not monkeypox. Reddit has banned the story.

Below is the bit that I said in a post above that was wrong… That said, based on what people are saying here some health authorities and doctors are giving out misinformation or inadequate information, so it's not like it isn't an issue.

On 8/1/2022 at 8:22 AM, rawTOP said:

People not isolating

A doctor spotted a guy on the Madrid Metro with a pretty severe case of MPX. He approached the guy and asked why he wasn't isolating and the guy said his doctor just told him to wear a mask. Meanwhile there are visible sores all over uncovered parts his body and contact with sores is the easiest way to get MPX while respiratory droplets that the mask would stop are actually an unlikely route of transmission.

MPX-madrid-metro.jpg

To make things worse, the woman who was near him said she wasn't worried because she's not gay.

https://apple.news/AtB59iR0kRD68IV34DrC5oA

So it looks like the word is not getting out about how to protect yourself or others.

• Like 1

Aaaand in the news today, some phlebotomists from testing labs LabCorp and Quest are refusing to draw blood from suspected Monkeypox patients.

I mean, it’s not like they took a job to test for diseases or something…

[think before following links] https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/03/health/monkeypox-blood-phlebotomists/index.html

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, pozboi said:

Nice link! I am thoroughly entertained, however, to find that my current state of residence is not even on their list of states. *sigh*

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1