Just checked with the ID clinic and with my boss at the VA and there’s nothing resembling a plan.  It’s really disappointing.  We know the disease, have a vaccine, have tests, and a treatment, and literally none of it is being moved into place 3 months in.

9 hours ago, NEDenver said:

Just checked with the ID clinic and with my boss at the VA and there’s nothing resembling a plan.  It’s really disappointing.  We know the disease, have a vaccine, have tests, and a treatment, and literally none of it is being moved into place 3 months in.

The problem is that we don't really have a vaccine, or more correctly, we have nowhere near even a marginally adequate supply of a vaccine. As such, like with any scarce good, there's rationing, whether it's de jure (by regulation as to who is and isn't eligible) or de facto (because the supply can only go so far). We also have limited supplies of the treatment.

Production of both is being accelerated, but as we saw during the pandemic, supply chains are an issue. 

Well, I got the MPX vax yesterday, and many thanks to a first class fellow BZ'er, who steered me to the most efficient outfit in the County.  It hasn't bothered me at all, but then neither have any of the others.  Not sure if I should mention which guy, so I won't just yet.  But this is a perfect example of how we can help each other out - even over the ether - and how much this site is to us. 

For the most part, we're a generous lot, and in every way.  I really appreciate and enjoy BZ.  Whatever all the minutia of issues with the site are, it's a First Class resource - at least for me.

Thanks, rawTop and the referees !!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

I received my Monkey vaccine two weeks ago today.  I was informed by my health provider that I was eligible and to make an appointment.  I had a regularly scheduled Dr’s visit today and couple of things.  He said the cases are being underreported.  At one point, the City of LA claimed 200 cases.  He had 25 cases when reported. He seriously doubts that he had 25% of the Counties cases.  I heard from an epidemiologist friend who says that it is 22% underreported.  My Dr. thinks a lot of people rather than getting treatment are quarantining on their own.  Despite setting people up for second doses in LA,  ALL were canceled to give others a  the shot.  There are claims that a 1/5 of a single dose is enough to give protection.  That said, my Doc agreed with the Manufacturer that you have up to two years for the booster on a full dose.  He claims that you need 21 days minimum to be protected, but would prefer 28 days for full protection.  He had a patient that got the shot, went to a sex party the next day and…..surprise, got Monkeypox.  He had two clients that within two weeks had sex with a “singular” person and got the virus.  He said, after your appointment,  I have two guys to swab for the virus.  No judgements guys, but take care!

• Thanks 1

I slowed it down meeting guys for the past couple weeks. I did get super piggy just before I stopped. That was almost three weeks ago. About five days ago I broke out  with  some strange bumps, like mosquitoe bites. Super intense itching, burning, feel really swollen.  My throat and glands are swollen. I don’t have that many and they’re going down and scabbing over. I didn’t have any other symptoms. Not sure what this is, but it could be mpox. It’s spreading fast around SF Bay Area.  Not playing while I’m not playing while I’m going through this. Once everything is healed and my throat doesn’t hurt any more I’ll get back to it, riding, fucking, sucking, and having fun. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, norcalraw said:

I slowed it down meeting guys for the past couple weeks. I did get super piggy just before I stopped. That was almost three weeks ago. About five days ago I broke out  with  some strange bumps, like mosquitoe bites. Super intense itching, burning, feel really swollen.  My throat and glands are swollen. I don’t have that many and they’re going down and scabbing over. I didn’t have any other symptoms. Not sure what this is, but it could be mpox. It’s spreading fast around SF Bay Area.  Not playing while I’m not playing while I’m going through this. Once everything is healed and my throat doesn’t hurt any more I’ll get back to it, riding, fucking, sucking, and having fun. 

Wish you well brother!

I live in the north of Scotland where there are only a handful of cases, but I travel when I can for group sex and visiting England in a couple of weeks. So I’m really keen to get the vaccine. I contacted my local sexual health clinic and was told there was a waiting list for those most at risk. I said well how would you know I’m not at risk as I don’t exactly flaunt the fact I visit saunas and on sex premises, so I got an appointment tonight!!  Result 🙂

• Like 3

Just this morning, the Pride Center here in the Ft Lauderdale ( Wilton Manors to be exact) area sent out a mass e mailing that all 2nd doses of the monkey pox vaccine were being suspended  per the county health dept. so more 1st dose shots could be given. I hope this will indeed help slow the spread, and by the time the additional vials of the vaccine become available the urgency will still be there within the community to get it, and not skipped.  Especially if the number of cases drops as more 1st doses are given. The immunity response is a lot greater, almost 96%, with a second dose- and I just have a concern if guys lose interest in the 2nd shot, a strain will break thru much like covid that the current, effective vaccine will not be able to stop. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Moderators
On 8/8/2022 at 8:52 AM, ellentonboy said:

I have a better chance of getting Monkeypox then being eaten by a shark.

If you get Monkeypox and then are eaten by a shark, does the shark have to worry about contagion?

21 minutes ago, viking8x6 said:

If you get Monkeypox and then are eaten by a shark, does the shark have to worry about contagion?

If the shark gets vaccinated soon thereafter it could prevent his coming down with Monkeypox, or at least reduce its  symptoms.

I would imagine it would make his mouth quite painful, and he would not be able to devour any swimmers for several days. 

I'm in Reno NV and we just had our 4th reported case. I have curtailed my activities in light of monkey pox being present in the community. Unfortunately our local county health department doesn't have much of a supply of vaccine, so it is currently limited to individuals with a close contact of a confirmed case and lab workers that handle specimens.

No indication yet when the vaccine will be made available to the public .

A thought just came into my head - there is so much discussions about Moneypox on here, Twitter and other places (and it's good that it is actively being discussed), often highlighting lack of vaccines in different countries/cities/towns, I wonder how long it will be before guys who have eased off sexual activity just think "fuck it" and go back to fucking around (if that was previously their general behaviour ). Of course I'm not advocating the latter (or otherwise).

What is your opinion?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, viking8x6 said:

I would refer that question back to you sir, as you are an educated gentleman  with multiple degrees in the sciences, and I am mere a civil servant with a BS from an overpriced and overrated east coast university.  I am taking a shot at your question and answering, no, the shark has nothing to worry about. 😊