• Administrators

Here's a pre-print study on breakthrough infections (cases where the vaccine failed to work)…

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.08.03.22278233v1.full.pdf

It should be noted that the vaccine was given to people ~11 days on average AFTER confirmed close contact with an infected person (confirmed by PCR). So they're not talking about the average slut who gets his MPX vaccine, waits two weeks, and then goes to the bathhouse.

They studied 274 people and 12 (4%) had breakthrough infections, but most (10) were within 5 days of receiving the vaccine. Two (1%) had infections further out - (22, 25 days). Curiously the two who were past 5 days both had pets and the 10 who got it earlier didn't have pets.

Again, this does not speak to the efficacy of the vaccine in the manner most of you are using or depending on it. It's just interesting data…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2022 at 8:56 PM, rawfuckr said:

Holy crap. That beautiful uncut meat was ravaged by lesions. Looked pretty shaky for a few days. But seems dick is a lot better in last pics? 

But it looks like his dick is left with scars. Imagine the scars on your visible parts. Very sad. 

7 hours ago, Jackruby said:

But it looks like his dick is left with scars. Imagine the scars on your visible parts. Very sad. 

There can be scars. They're not guaranteed. And scarring, in general, can be treated to some degree.

This is not to downplay monkeypox at all - merely to point out that scars are not inevitable, nor are they necessarily horrible to look at. 

Just to add to my experience, DC, like most jurisdictions has gone to the 1/5 dose intradermally, and has now started scheduling second shots. Seeing how they have Lao expanded the eligibility pool to anyone of any gender or orientation who has multiple sex partners, I scheduled my second dose for this upcoming Tuesday. 

2 hours ago, EricX said:

Just to add to my experience, DC, like most jurisdictions has gone to the 1/5 dose intradermally, and has now started scheduling second shots. Seeing how they have Lao expanded the eligibility pool to anyone of any gender or orientation who has multiple sex partners, I scheduled my second dose for this upcoming Tuesday. 

Is 1/5 dose administered to everyone (including those who got first full dose) or just first-timers?

Edited by ass

27 minutes ago, ass said:

Is 1/5 dose administered to everyone (including those who got first full dose) or just first-timers?

I cannot speak to other jurisdictions, but in DC the 1/5 dose is being given to everyone as of last weekend. 

• Thanks 1

Is any other country using the 1/5 dose approach, or is it just USA?

I have a feeling that these 1/5 dose shenanigans will backfire.

What's safer and more effective: fully vaccinating 10 people or half-vaccinating 20?

Edited by ass

4 hours ago, ass said:

Is any other country using the 1/5 dose approach, or is it just USA?

What's safer and more effective: fully vaccinating 10 people or half-vaccinating 20?

Europe is now doing 1/5. Same evidence as before, antibody levels are the same with cutaneous shot at 1/5. If that translates into same real world efficacy no one knows.  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, partying.hard said:

So right now, I am laying low

Cool .... so that hot Cock will keep looking as great as it does now !

My waiting time will be over in a few more days, and I can't wait to wade into the Breeding Pool again !!!

• Administrators
23 hours ago, ass said:

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the 1/5 intradermal produced a better immune response than the full shot into fat. It's just there's slightly more risk of minor side effects.

That said, it's based on a single study. Let's just hope the study authors did their work properly.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

My hope as well @rawTOP.  It's been interesting watching the progression of the inoculation.  Really now just a flat red spot.  Slight bump.  I thought it might itch as my mate, who got his at the same time found his; which had a more pronounced bump, itched some.  

4 hours ago, rawTOP said:

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the 1/5 intradermal produced a better immune response than the full shot into fat. It's just there's slightly more risk of minor side effects.

That said, it's based on a single study. Let's just hope the study authors did their work properly.

At least he EMA (European Medicines Agency) speaks of similar levels of antibodies, not a better response when using intradermal injections.

It cautioned however that the study had had only healthy subjects, thus reliable conclusions as to the effect in immunocompromised persons or people living with HIV+ can't be drawn.

[think before following links] https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/emas-emergency-task-force-advises-intradermal-use-imvanex-jynneos-against-monkeypox

For an in-depth analysis look at the pdf under related documents.

Let's see when member states and their constituent parts will follow this advice. Unfortunately they are sometimes slow on the uptake.

I just got back from getting my second shot.  I already had an appointment, but was told by my healthcare provider that it was cancelled due to availability.  Closer to the original second shot date, I got two emails and a voicemail to come get the shot.  I contacted my Dr. Who said that they were providing second shots now using the 1/5 intradermal shot.