1 hour ago, ass said:

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Everyone needs to see this. Quite graphic:

Holy crap. That beautiful uncut meat was ravaged by lesions. Looked pretty shaky for a few days. But seems dick is a lot better in last pics? 

• Like 1

Latest post on the BBC News website:

So far there have been 3,017 cases in total across the UK, with officials noting that the outbreak is beginning to slow.
The latest data shows 29 cases a day confirmed on average, compared to 52 cases a day during the last week in June. More than 25,000 people have received a dose of the vaccine.”

The slowdown is to be welcomed. Hopefully the trend continues. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Word of advice, Galanya: There are already a couple of monkeypox-specific topics here in the Health Forum. You don't need to create a new topic just to post a picture of, well, whatever it is you posted (because you don't give any context for the picture: is that a photo of where you got your vaccination shot, where you plan to get it, or what?).

7 hours ago, RawPlug said:

Latest post on the BBC News website:

So far there have been 3,017 cases in total across the UK, with officials noting that the outbreak is beginning to slow.
The latest data shows 29 cases a day confirmed on average, compared to 52 cases a day during the last week in June. More than 25,000 people have received a dose of the vaccine.”

The slowdown is to be welcomed. Hopefully the trend continues.

As to the UK's 29 new cases per day on average mentioned in the BBC article that seems to be an older figure. As one can conclude from the number of total cases (3,017) it comes from the epidemiological overview, 9 August 2022. There you had 158 total new cases  (167 confirmed and 12 highly probable) from 4 August to 8 August. That would mean about 204 confirmed new cases a week.

The WHO mentions just 36 new cases a week as of 17 August. The UKHSA gives a number of 178 total new cases (146 confirmed and 11 highly probable) as of 15 August. That corresponds to a new cases per day average of 21. So there is a marked decrease in new cases in the UK.

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62551821

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/monkeypox-outbreak-epidemiological-overview/monkeypox-outbreak-epidemiological-overview-16-august-2022

Across most of Europe confirmed new cases of MPX seem to be on the decline. According to the ECDC as of 15 August the highest number of new cases in the last 7 days were in Spain (777), Germany (212), Portugal (60), France (52), Denmark (33), Austria (24), Italy (11), Ireland (9), and the Netherlands (7). [think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/monkeypox-multi-country-outbreak/situation-update-eueea-western-balkans-turkey

However according to the WHO as of 17 August the highest number of new cases in the last 7 days were in Spain (630), France (326), Germany (162), Belgium (78), the Netherlands (70), Portugal (60), Italy (63), Austria (41), Denmark (26), Ireland (12), and Hungary (11).

Most notable are the discrepancies between ECDC and WHO figures in the cases of France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Italy, Austria, and Hungary. Some countries have bucked the European wide trend and have seen a somewhat sharpish 7-day percentage change in new cases, e.g. Ireland (+200%) and the Netherlands (+120%).

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://worldhealthorg.shinyapps.io/mpx_global/#section-global

Edited by EuroMusk76

The Guardian reports a study published in The Lancet on MPX cases in Spain found that a childhood smallpox vaccinations may not protect against MPX for life and that HIV+ individuals might run a higher risk of infection despite being vaccinated in their youth.

Dr Oriol Mitja, co-author of the research, said that since most participants who had been vaccinated against smallpox received the jab more than 45 years ago, it is reasonable to predict that their protection would have waned. “All I can say is that childhood vaccinations may not protect 100% for life,” he said.

Another possibility, said Whitworth, is that HIV may play a role. According to the study, 40% of the monkeypox cases were in people who were HIV positive. Mitja said the figure was 60% among those who had childhood smallpox vaccination but still got monkeypox. “[People with HIV] may have had some immunodeficiency, eroding away the protection from the vaccine,” said Whitworth.

Laura Waters, the chair of the British HIV Association, agreed. “Though it is likely smallpox vaccine effectiveness wanes in everyone, it’s feasible that this would occur to a greater degree in people with HIV, even those with well-controlled HIV on treatment,” she said.

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/15/smallpox-vaccines-protect-monkeypox-hiv-erode

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(22)01436-2/fulltext

Edited by EuroMusk76
  • Upvote 2

Interesting and hopefully useful data from the i-base.info website

4 weeks after the first shot, 67% of HIV+ve patients had shown an immune response to the vaccine, 83% of HIV-ve. Immune response rate is signficantly higher at 4 weeks than 1 to 2 weeks in both groups. Second shot increases immune response further, but you can see why 'first dose first' is a sensible strategy to protect as many people as possible with limited vaccine supplies at the moment.

A5-MPX-factsheet-2022.png

• Thanks 1

Just got my monkeypox vaccine (1st dose for now, no news from the gov't about second dose yet!) this afternoon in neighbouring Toronto. Feeling a bit tired. My arm does not hurt where I got the shot. In the City of Toronto, the Public Health department has heard about monkeypox and actually giving out the vaccine (by prior appointment), but the surrounding regions seem not to have heard about monkeypox (like Peel Region). The nurse administering the shot told me to get in touch with my doctor to relay the news that I've received the monkeypox vaccine shot -- old school, but it works! Sometimes technology is not hooked up properly to inform your personal doctor! Sexpigs, get the monkeypox shot if you can -- it's WORTH IT!

• Upvote 1

Hi all!
It is interesting to read the posts. In Europe there is a lack of vaccine. Situation in Austria: hospital staff get it and high risc (e.g HIV). Old sluts like me with the old vacc.- no chance, no way, forget it. Never ever. Well, let‘s not talk about how much I have to pay for insurance, taxes, medical care etc. - around 50% of my income. 

Great news in Broward County, FL !!!

The shipments of 'emergency' doses arrived in Ft. L. - and the Pride Center in W.M. has plenty of appointments available.  So does the County Health Dept. 

Get the shot, give it around 4 weeks to "take", and cum meet the rest of us in the fuckjoints !!!  

Here's my experience with the vaccine:

got my first shot on 22 July, and felt ill for 11 days after. Headaches, foggy or slow brain, general fatigue. No rash then, and although the injection site was hard and a bit swollen, it was only a 1 on a 1-10 scale of itchiness. 

However by 6 August, I developed an itchy rash on my forearms. It was itchiest on the left forearm (but no lesions developed). My right forearm was less itchy BUT I developed three small lesions, that look like the ones in the pictures I've seen, thankfully smaller than the average ones depicted. It took a week for the lesions to go down, I'd say the itchiness was a 4 out of 10. No scarring, but I find the mini-lesions as a part of my immune response unusual compared to what I've heard explained in expected side-effects. 

I am isolating and have no mpox exposure

I'll add in my experience just in case it's relevant for anyone.

Here in Louisiana, the initial ration of doses was relatively small - about a thousand for the entire state, if I recall correctly. First batch of those went to people who were already reporting having had contact with someone who'd subsequently developed monkeypox (that was a small number, since our caseload was small at that point; still below 150 today). After that, they were portioned off primarily to clinics in the state that deal with HIV and other infectious diseases, based on caseloads and population counts.

When I contacted my HIV doctor's office about whether they would be having the shots, they confirmed they not only had the vaccine but were already prepared to administer it. I'd called during lunch, and they told me if I could come in for 2:00 they would work me in. Showed up, the NP got the shot, and I was out the door in less than 5 minutes total, including a short wait while she was retrieving the vaccine from the cold storage in the pharmacy. Couldn't have gone smoother, honestly. They also booked me for my second dose for one month later while I was there, although we agreed that if there was a change in directive to limit doses to the first one for now (to extend the supply) that might change.

The shot left a little hard welt on my arm that's still there today (a week later) and the skin there is a bit darker red than my normal skin tone - in a spot about as big as a dime. I'm going to check with them again Monday to see if that's enough out of the ordinary for me to swing by for them to look at, but I don't think it is. It's also a little bit tender, but not achy. It doesn't itch.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm about 2/3's through the waiting period, have a small bump at the injection site that felt a bit itchy for a few days, but nothing really bothersome.  After that though, just waiting the required number of days.  I reckon I'll be fully protected by Labor Day Weekend, which will be a couple of days longer than the suggested number, and I'll be hitting my favorite fuckjoint with a damn sweat on my brow.  Even during covid (when I had a trusted fb, and we got through it together), I got at least some Hole (even though it was the same one every time).  This mpx waiting period has been a pain in the ass to put up with, but - what is, is.  

• Upvote 1