1 hour ago, sindiktas said:

So is there any knowledge whether the vaccinated can spread the disease? I can't get the vaccine in my country but I wonder if it's safe for e to have sex with those who have been vaccinated and exposed later.

This topic is rarely discussed. I've pondered the same.

Either way, the unvaxed partner is most at risk.

• Upvote 1

In backwater Kentucky, there have now been 53 cases of Monkeypox. Of the 120 counties in the Commonwealth, 56 of them now have a location, usually the county health department, where an eligible individual may call for an appointment. That means 64 counties have no access within the county. Louisville, which has by far the lion’s share of the cases, has five locations. Warren County, with four recorded cases, now has two locations, including the clinic in which my regular doctor practices.

At 10:00 this morning I called the clinic, explained that I was eligible for the Monkeypox vaccine, and asked for an appointment. At 2:00 this afternoon I got the injection, and an appointment for the second round next month. Upside: No wait, no hassle. Downside: I don’t live in that county; I had to drive an hour and a half round-trip to get it. Small price to pay considering the difficulty others are having.

• Upvote 2

As I understand it (and I'm no medical professional), once the second mpx shot is received, and two weeks waiting period have passed, even if a guy has mpx, it is sufficiently weakened within his system to be virtually un-passable.  That is not a guarantee, but it is thought by the medico's to be very difficult to pass on to an uninfected guy.  

Anyone know differently?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, sindiktas said:

So is there any knowledge whether the vaccinated can spread the disease? I can't get the vaccine in my country but I wonder if it's safe for e to have sex with those who have been vaccinated and exposed later.

Vaccinated people can't spread the disease. It contains a version of the vaccinia virus
(same family as monkeypox and smallpox), that while live can't replicate, thus can't infect other cells or others. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

On 9/30/2022 at 10:46 PM, greecenipples said:

So another month before I can resume slutting out.

I had to do that too.  It seems like forever - but, it's not all that bad.  Cleaning out the garage, other odious domestic tasks can help soak up the time, but it's worth it.  Do watch out for your right hand (assuming you're right-handed) though - towards the end of the third week, it may reach up and slap your face instead of jack your Cock. 

Raw Cocks can get very pushy when they've had to go without for a while ...... 

• Administrators
On 9/30/2022 at 9:15 AM, sindiktas said:

Vaccinated people can get infected. It's not likely, but it can happen. If they get infected they can infect you. And because of the vaccine they may be asymptomatic - so neither of you will know there's risk. Again - all of that is unlikely, but it is possible.

And as others have stated - you can't get infected from the virus that's in the vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Could someone from the BZ settle an argument I am having at home?  If someone is having his FIRST monkeypox vaccine shot on Tuesday, October 11th, when is the EARLIEST that he can get a COVID booster?

We're traveling abroad the end of October, he wants to be protected and I understand that, but what is SAFE?  

Your responses are much appreciated......thank you.

This is from a NYC Department of Heath FAQ:

Can I get the vaccine at the same time as other vaccines?

The JYNNEOS vaccine may be given before, after or at the same time as most vaccines. However, people at increased risk of myocarditis (inflammation of the heart), particularly young adult males, might consider waiting four weeks after their JYNNEOS vaccine to get a dose of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. However, if vaccination is recommended due to a known exposure to monkeypox, you should get the JYNNEOS vaccine even if you recently got the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downloads/pdf/monkeypox/jynneos-vaccine-faq.pdf

The CDC uses similar, but somewhat stronger, messaging about young males waiting between the two vaccines:

People, particularly adolescent or young adult males, might consider waiting 4 weeks after orthopoxvirus vaccination (either JYNNEOS or ACAM2000) before receiving a Moderna, Novavax, or Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, because of the observed risk for myocarditis and/or pericarditis after receipt of ACAM2000 orthopoxvirus vaccine and mRNA (i.e., Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech) and Novavax COVID-19 vaccines and the unknown risk for myocarditis and/or pericarditis after JYNNEOS administration.

[think before following links] https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/interim-considerations/jynneos-vaccine.html

Edited by BergenGuy
Added information from CDC

This is from WHO.

[think before following links] https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/monkeypox

It is very much treated and preventable, the CDC also have great information on it.

I live in Australia, and we have a few cases of monkey pox, again, if you live in Australia and think you may have it see your GP are visit a sexual health clinic.

For me I have no concerns as I had to travel overseas for my job and was always getting jabs and pills for various things, small pox was a vaccination I had to have along with a heap of other vaccinations.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...