On 11/24/2022 at 11:33 PM, bbpozslut said:

I had my first vaccine dose on Monday. I am planning on attending SBN this Sunday. However I am second thoughts that the its too soon and should leave it for another week. What do you think?

I've read it gets to work right away, but that it takes 4 weeks to reach its maximum level of protection. On that basis, it would really be up to you to decide. I also recall reading there were no new cases being reported in London, but I don't know if that's still the case. Hopefully it is. 

On 11/26/2022 at 10:46 AM, VersGuyAnon said:

I've read it gets to work right away, but that it takes 4 weeks to reach its maximum level of protection. On that basis, it would really be up to you to decide. I also recall reading there were no new cases being reported in London, but I don't know if that's still the case. Hopefully it is. 

I'll postpone attending today. Plus there is a rail strike on today. However I am planning to attend Vault and Horsehair next week. I read it is 78% effective after 14 days from the first dose. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

The MPOX state of public health emergency looks like it will come to an end in late January…

https://apple.news/AgZMuvCU1TbGMMwJ8r-Cp-Q

While there are still a few random cases (and you should get vaccinated if you haven't already), it's good to see this is finally behind us.

• Like 4

• Moderators

To get back to the subject of MPOX (hint, hint)

20 hours ago, curiousaboutbb said:
On 9/20/2022 at 8:30 PM, nastykinkpig said:

Does anyone know if it's safe to get COVID vaccine shortly after MPX vaccine?

I was told that I had to wait please to get the booster for Covid after taking my second monkey pox vaccine 

An elevated incidence of a rare and severe side effect (endocarditis) has been observed in people who get the Covid and MPOX vaccines near or at the same time, especially in men under 40. The advice is not to get them less than a month apart. IMHO one should decide based on one's likelihood of exposure in the relevant time frame.

• Like 1

I asked about whether I needed to wait on the COVID booster, and was told I didn't have to. I wound up getting the 1st MPOX vax 3 weeks before my COVID booster and my 2nd MPOX vax 6 days later. I had a lot of difficulty getting the 2nd MPOX shot, but the clinic that was giving them was offering MPOX and COVID vaxes at the same time. I know I didn't have any side effects.

• 3 months later...

I don't care what others think, I go with science.  I am not going to die, or be disfigured, or harmed in any way.  The same go with  Hepatitis A, though it may be somewhat different.

If you guys want to get infected, go ahead!  Be my guest!  But WATCH THE POLITICAL LANDSCAPE, because many of those elected may not give a DAMN about you and you may die a slow and agonizing death, because they will brainwash their followers to deny you medical benefits that, in the past, you would have assumed you would have received.

THINK ABOUT IT GUYS!

I am not trying to deny ANYONE their right to sexual freedom, but PLEASE think about it, because I would not want to be in a situation because, baby, it is not going to be pretty.

• 2 months later...
On 3/7/2023 at 9:40 PM, Sfmike64 said:

You do NOT want to get Monkeypox. A friend of mine got it and he was pretty sick and it was very painful. No lasting damage, though. Luckily gay men seem to have nipped that in the bud. 

The unit I worked on since December 2020 to handle the COVID pandemic began to take patients of all kinds of contact after paxlovid and the vaccines generally kept people out of intensive care thus making room for other patients on contact precautions like TB, c.diff, and eventually, monkeypox. There was one patient I will never forget for the rest of my life. His case was baffling. His penis was so gangrenous that it was going to self amputate if he didnt die from the pox, which he did. Granted, this guys immune system was already so severely compromised by the time he got it, hed refuse wound care which obviously contributed to his decline, but what it did to him til he eventually died of it was just horrible. You can see how it is closely related to smallpox. Its wild.

• 2 weeks later...

Mpox appears to be resurging (slightly) although symptoms also appear to be attenuated in those vaccinated.   The issue is that the resurgence is being seen in those previously vaccinated and in one case of a person who already had mpox and recovered.

One of a few articles, this one beginning with a resurgence in Chicago but fears of a broader resurgence internationally over the summer.

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.nbcnews.com/health/mens-health/rise-mpox-cases-chicago-raises-concern-possible-summer-spread-rcna83315

Edited by fuckholedc
clarification needed
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2022 at 3:58 PM, OzzieCumdumpster said:

This is from WHO.

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/monkeypox

It is very much treated and preventable, the CDC also have great information on it.

I live in Australia, and we have a few cases of monkey pox, again, if you live in Australia and think you may have it see your GP are visit a sexual health clinic.

For me I have no concerns as I had to travel overseas for my job and was always getting jabs and pills for various things, small pox was a vaccination I had to have along with a heap of other vaccinations.

You ever travel to Melbourne for business?

I’m speaking for the United States, the WHO , or more like the CDC in the US?a completely dropped the ball on Monkeypox.  The vaccine roll out as lame and caused a huge panic in NY. It just wasn’t available then they gave out 1000 shots on Fire Island and in Chelsea it was just insultingly mismanaged.  The CDC was sondermined by Trumps Covid lies, it’s not surprising they were incompetent. And once it cools down a little they think the solution is to change the name to Mpox, like that makes a difference!  Get shotsK be responsible, it’s serious stuff and big brother is not looking out for you.