Could it be HIV?

I’m an ocasional meth user and on March 25th I bottomed for someone who is a regular user and undetectable. He sometimes shares pics of his meds on Instagram, and he assures me he’s undetectable.

A week or so after that, I got a small rash just below the sleeves of my t shirt and cleared after a couple of days, I also got some pain stings in my joints and muscles, and just last week I got a small ulcer under my tongue.

The thing is I was on my second month of taking isotetrinoin for acne, which can cause pains in joints and muscles. I also go to the gym 6 days a week so maybe it was that. I was under work related stress two weeks ago which can cause the mouth ulcer. But idk about the rash on my upper arm, I found it weird that it would cut off at the sleeve and the small red bumps were just on the sun exposed skin...

I still gotta wait one more month to get an HIV test, so I’m just wondering and speculating. 

Well how's your lymph nodes? Prior to my diagnosis most of my lymph nodes were swollen, I also had night sweats and some pretty awful headaches. Also why are you waiting a month? Unless you live somewhere remote and are waiting for a chance to see a doctor that is not local

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, analluv27 said:

Well how's your lymph nodes? Prior to my diagnosis most of my lymph nodes were swollen, I also had night sweats and some pretty awful headaches. Also why are you waiting a month? Unless you live somewhere remote and are waiting for a chance to see a doctor that is not local

My lymph nodes are fine. I had one night of night sweats but my a/c wasn’t working properly, I woke up turned the ac colder and that was it. I’m waiting one more month so I can get a rapid test at my local hiv center. 

• Upvote 1

Best thing to do is get tested ASAP. Also if you are playing with meth users you just never know if they are being regular with there medications and if they are being honest about that. 

• Moderators
On 5/30/2022 at 2:10 PM, CockWrshpr said:

But idk about the rash on my upper arm, I found it weird that it would cut off at the sleeve and the small red bumps were just on the sun exposed skin...

According to wikipedia...

The most common adverse effects [to isotretinoin] are dry lips (cheilitis), dry and fragile skin, and an increased susceptibility to sunburn.

So your symptoms are explainable without any STIs at all. But getting tested sure wouldn't hurt. 

Testing regularly is a good idea, because it's not uncommon for STIs, including HIV to have no symptoms at all.