Tips on Hamstead Heath?

theplayerking

Visiting London next week and looking to check out the action on the heath. Any tips on transportation, which part of the heath to find the fuck tree, best times to go, etc.? I tried searching online and while I found a lot of hot stories, didn’t find much practical information. Any tips are appreciated. 

Others will give you better directions than this - I've only been about 3 times but always know when you are in the right place. Once I went I thought just on a recce.  It was 7am on a Sunday morning - I was jetlagged, up early and only went there because I was too early for my swim. It was summer time, light and everyone will have gone by now.  Turns out they hadn't.  Obviously other times are better - like at night.

It's approximately here:

[think before following links] https://goo.gl/maps/eDgaFDDD9N6zFzw47

Like I say, others will know better, but in the meantime, hope this is a start.  Am determined to go there next time I'm back. Hopefully in July....

If you don’t already have it, get Squirt membership. It’s got good info about everything you’ll need to know. Plus, you can tell all the regulars that you’re on your way  …bonus!

if you’re going all out and making a night of it then your best bet will be an Uber unless you’re way too far. I pity the poor drivers picking up there, silicon lube is a bugger on the car seats 😈

some of the chat on Squirt is about the heath not being busy enough but I’ve always had a great night there. Have a great trip! 

• Upvote 1
  • Piggy 1

The Heath is a 15 min walk from Hampstead Station (Northern Line), regular buses can take you back into Central London at night. Point to a place called Jack Straw’s Castle, next to that you’ll see a track and a car park, follow that and head down the stairs. Most action happens in the “darkroom” now. Turn right when you get to the bottom of the stairs and shortly you’ll see an open space on your left - if you see a path and building on your right you’ve gone too far. Walk through that and in between the trees you’ll find a path, follow the sound of guys fucking and you’ll reach the darkroom.  There’s usually loads of guys walking around and heading to the same place so you can just follow them.

The famous fuck tree can still be fun sometimes, there’s proper directions on Squirt.  I would recommend using Squirt if you don’t already, it’s a good way to know who’s there. You’re almost guaranteed to get some action in the evening/night though. Daytimes can be fun too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Piggy 2

The Northern Line tube only runs till just after midnight but the N5 bus runs all night. It used to run every 10 minutes a few years ago but is only every 30 minutes these days. Stops quite near Jack Straws Castle on North End Road. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...