FTL _ July 7-11

Finally after a long 3 years -i'll be on vacation in FTL - planning on be Community dump at Slammers and Club Ft Laudedale during my short weekend and going to Fornication for first time-can't wait to see how that goes.    Is Eagle good to visit? Do they have a darkroom like the old place -well wasn't a darkroom more like the backyard of the bar with the barrels- oh how i loved that place on Sundays -watching Queer as Folk and then going to get some dick afterwards. Showing my age !!! 🙂

• Piggy 1

• 1 month later...

I wanted to swing back and update my trip to Fort Lauderdale.  It didn't start well with a potential Covid spread from family member but test neg and stayed that way all way through so was good to go. FTL has changed- so many condos along Federal 1 and everywhere =they are even making 13th ST into some sort of walking blvd-- if anyone knows 13th - that was ghetto and rundown for years -Pride Factory was there but they just moved that week i arrived to Wilton Manors so all the gay shops/, bars etc clothing is now in Wilton Manors- which is basically a long strip mall with main parking in the Center and then lots of shops and bars in the area or across the street. I didn't make it to Eagle which is new  so can't report.   Monkeypox news was all over the news and expanding so i think that s why i think activity was low.  

The Club Ft Lauderdale =-still great , clean, great gym and good place to hangoout but parking lot fullish but inside it was like where is everyone - other than the darkish gloryhole room -no action-  the Sauna had pockets of activity but everytim e  i went in all i thought this is a hotspot for Covid so didn't stay - got fucked thru the gloryholes a few times but that was it.

Clubhouse2 -in Oakland Park-- as for newbies- this is an older sauna catering to a mature crowd- so young thin and fun- no - not gonna happen these mature men like mature men -its not what it was when i first started going to FTL but it was a Bare Skinn Social night on Friday but it was just entertaining to see cumdumps cum in all ages and they certainly were putting out in the sectional sex area in the back area of the club.   It was  a nice visit -one kindly man took a ride and put me away.

Slammers- still active- still great- lots of action there- i think there was a lack of cocksuckers because the gloryhole ramps just didn't seem like there were enuf mouths for cocks.   The place is still the same- the little  dark room off the entrance is still there but not as active in my memory as usual. I got most of my action there but it wasn't the frenetic pounding lots of free time bent over the table.  The Circular bed in the back area was always full with butts competing for dick but again not enough dick for them all. It really was  Hunger Games !   I think the Monkeypox news was just hitting and scaring people as it should- the Fornication party was cancelled and rightly so -they did the right thing- after reading all the brave commentary of exposure and therapy many are going through in the above forums and twitter -smart to take a break. I was freaking out coming home but after 2 weeks none of the prescribed symptoms and lucky today to get 1st dose and do my little part.   I found it funny i haven't been anywhere in 4 years and locked down celibate taking care of elder and i decide to head out in this environment- i'm retiring  -LOL but i'll take a break for awhile until 2nd dose in August if that happens-- not sure yet what NYC is going to do about the 2nd does or prioritize 1sts doses .     I can sit out-- i have my memories -is that what the elders say? i''ve crossed over !   You're dont' know you crossed over until you're looking for lido-cane in the pharmacy !

Otherwise, it was nice to getaway-- I stayed at GAY hote-the big coconut- and it was lovely- a bit older but the pool was lovely the room/kitchen and nice big bathroom were perfect.  It was near 13th and Publix so walkable to food, coffee,liquor  and if you dont' rent a car -easy uber to beach or bars- e.g. Ramrod which was 10  min away or Slammers 10 mint away.   I don't think i'll go back in July-to damn hot!  i forgot about Florida heat- October better .  

Stay safe and hope FTL gets there does and everyone who wants a shot gets a shot.     Until Berlin in Fall-- i'll update on Biohazard, Bull and Lab.oratory

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Great info --thanks! I'm looking at the March Fornication Party and hoped to stay at Big Coconut -- do you think its walkable to Slammer and Ramrod? Did the hotel guests have sex among themselves?

Your experience at Slammer, Club, etc mirrors mine in 2019 -- had a blast at Slammer and an Inn leather event, but Club was 100% sexless -- there for 4 hours and never saw or heard anyone having sex -- just standing and modeling or at the pool. 

Yes, you can walk -it will be 25 min  i think either way maybe more to Ramrod about but i wouldn't -especially returning back - it goes thorugh a rough area even on Sunset - just don't chance it - get an uber- they all know the club or bar === the drive is 5 min if that from Big Coconut to Slammers and about 10 min to Ramrod.-- don't chance it  -young punks just waiting for a mark to walk by  and you never see anyone walking - don' do it.

I didn't get that cruisy vibe - most of the men were in couples or group-- it wasn't like The Worthington complex where it was more out and open -this is a more intimate place but i'm sure it happens but it wasn't outright cruising from what i saw.  Mind you it may be different when its more packed. I tend to stay to myself - "don't shit where you eat" and there was more at the bathhouse and Slammers....