Justice Thomas makes it clear decisions support our rights are next

drscorpio

• Moderators

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://qburgh.com/they-will-come-for-us-next/

In his concurring opinion overturning Roe v Wade, Thomas explicitly stated that SCOTUS should revisit Griswold (the right to have access to birth control), Lawrence (the right to have sex with the person you choose - it overturned all laws against same-sex activity), and Obergefell (the right to marry the person you choose). Voting and organizing for the fall is just that much more important.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 3

• Moderators

I'm not sure why whoever downvoted my post did so. I am not stating opinion. A sitting Supreme Court Justice explicitly stated this in an official opinion. He is announcing to any anti-gay state official that if you give SCOTUS the case to overturn these rights, he will do everything he can to make it happen under the same reasoning used to overturn Roe v Wade. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2
  • Piggy 1

It seems to me, that interracial marriage could also be at risk.

He believes that no one has the right to privacy in the bedroom, no matter who they are.

I guess politicians and religious leaders really need to worry about that.

Some interesting and scary times are ahead.

• Like 1

• Moderators

8 minutes ago, BlindRawFucker1 said:

It seems to me, that interracial marriage could also be at risk.

Gee, do you think he'll recuse himself if they take up a reversal of Loving vs Virginia? 🤨

thomas.jpg.a8f9f406d148fb5736114b9305287b02.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

Gee, do you think he'll recuse himself if they take up a reversal of Loving vs Virginia? 🤨

He didn’t recuse himself in the case re: White House records a few months ago. Those records included his wife’s texts discussing overturning the 2020 election results. If he didn’t recuse himself in that case, I doubt he would in a case to reverse Loving. Of course, in his Roe opinion, he didn’t mention Loving in the list of cases he wants to “review”. Go figure. 

Clearly, it CAN'T.  

When Federal judges are being considered to elevation to the Supreme Court, it is the job of Congress to interview them, determine their potential fitness in a number of areas, including whether or not a nominee is able to put aside his/her own personal biases and make decisions based purely on the Constitution and Established, Correctly-Decided Law.  In the recent past however, Senators have hardly been adequate in their questions, and treated this solemn duty more as a chorus of "getting to know you".  This current debacle is as much the fault of the senators for failing in that duty, as it is the political agenda which put the nominee forth in the first place.  How else - other than senatorial political bias - could a drunken rapist brat like that pinch-faced bitch Kavanaugh get confirmed?  Or that Amy hyphenated-name creature? 

Edited by hntnhole
additional bluntness
  • Like 3

On 6/24/2022 at 2:05 PM, drscorpio said:

In his concurring opinion overturning Roe v Wade, Thomas explicitly stated that SCOTUS should revisit Griswold (the right to have access to birth control), Lawrence (the right to have sex with the person you choose - it overturned all laws against same-sex activity), and Obergefell (the right to marry the person you choose). Voting and organizing for the fall is just that much more important.

Voting is always important 

and not just every 4 years for President (as they are the ones who select the candidates for all of the federal courts)

But also every two years for congress and senate candidates 

AND, candidates all the way down the ballot-

remember the school board can ensure that our younger generation grow up in a safe nurturing environment or a “don’t say gay” world (where suicide rates of gay youth will only go up)

So Drscorpio is right, we need to organize for, donate to, and vote for the candidates that will support our right to be who we are

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, onlyraw said:

AND, candidates all the way down the ballot-

This is so often overlooked by more "casual" voters.  The downballot candidates are the ones CheetoHead is trying to use to corrupt the voting system.  These local or State-level candidates are particularly important, and it may take some investigative work to determine which deserve our vote and which don't.  Local school board members make very important decisions on educational materials.  Secretaries of States can pervert the electoral results.  

YES, onlyraw:  EVERY election is crucial.  The ravening wolves are running loose, and only an informed and committed electorate can push them back into their dens of shame, misery and hatefulness.  

You can volunteer to do poll watching on election day.  It turns out that across the South, many of the election-day poll workers are/were old Af/Am ladies who are afraid to do it now. Go to your local Registrar's office and volunteer.  I would encourage all of you guys to do something.  It's in your own best interest to give a little dough, give your time/talents, give whatever you can to hold back the tide of hatred that's forming juuuuust offshore. The first wave of it broke over us yesterday, and there are more destructive waves heading our way, just offshore.

Take action, while there's still action to be taken - before it's too late.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BlindRawFucker1 said:

When i wrote my previous post, i had no idea that Thomas’s wife was white.

I had no idea you actually are blind ... sorry to know that, bud.  I assumed it was a cultural statement.  My apologies.

Yes, "Ginny" (as in drunk) Thomas is Caucasian, and under investigation herself for meddling in the electoral process.  It's hardly likely that Mr.* Thomas will recuse himself either, if the issue comes before the SCOTUS.

* I realize he holds a different title, but "Mr" is all I can manage in honoraria just now.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, hntnhole said:

Clearly, it CAN'T.  

When Federal judges are being considered to elevation to the Supreme Court, it is the job of Congress to interview them, determine their potential fitness in a number of areas, including whether or not a nominee is able to put aside his/her own personal biases and make decisions based purely on the Constitution and Established, Correctly-Decided Law.  In the recent past however, Senators have hardly been adequate in their questions, and treated this solemn duty more as a chorus of "getting to know you".  This current debacle is as much the fault of the senators for failing in that duty, as it is the political agenda which put the nominee forth in the first place.  How else - other than senatorial political bias - could a drunken rapist brat like that pinch-faced bitch Kavanaugh get confirmed?  Or that Amy hyphenated-name creature? 

Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Coney-Barrett who were all nominated by the last President were all asked under oath by the Senate their position on Roe v Wade. They all stated unequivocally that it was settled law and not up for reconsideration. There was nothing new in the case that was just decided that warranted overturning a 50-year-old precedent. They simply lied under oath, and are guilty of perjury. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if Jeffery Epstein's former cell is still available .... it might need to be enlarged, especially if Cheeto-Head is relocated there .... Maybe even the rope is still hanging around the cell somewhere too.  If a new wing had to be built onto the clink, to hold the whole the crowd of them, I'd gladly pay my fair share of the taxes to build it.  At least there wouldn't have to be separate facilities though - no straight man in his right mind would glance at, let alone touch Marjorie Trailer Green-Trash.  Gotta be careful though, of that diddler-of-the-wrestling team back in Ohio. 

• Like 2