Justice Thomas makes it clear decisions support our rights are next

drscorpio

5 hours ago, gaydude44447 said:

The Supreme Court overturned a ruling that Republicans have been promising to overturn for decades and in doing so one of the justices put it in writing he was in favor of overturning sodomy laws, same sex marriage, and access to contraceptives but yes saying it's going to happen is "fear mongering." 

Some people really do keep their head in their ass I see.

I’m not sure it’s a case  of head in their ass or being hopeful for decency to prevail after what just occurred. Though in my opinion their not taking in account how hateful and vindictive some peoples true nature 

17 hours ago, NEDenver said:

I think the treatment that the log cabin morons got first at CPAC and then in Texas last weekend should make it clear that the party doesn’t think they belong, and probably don’t have any rights.

And, yet, those morons will continue to find a way to justify their support for Republicans of all stripes, just as they endorsed Trump in 2020.  It seems to be the weird dynamic of an abused loving his abuser.

To an outlander like me, it appears that a lot of energy in US politics is going into republicans vs. democrats while human- and civil rights by definition should rise above partisanship. I'm curious how members and visitors of BZ who vote republican look on Federally protected gay rights, as it seems there s not a strong right to US privacy in the constitution.

How do you see the role of the federal and state governments when in concerns homosexual intercourse and possibly to marry someone, whether your fiancee is a woman or a man?

31 minutes ago, BareLover666 said:

To an outlander like me, it appears that a lot of energy in US politics is going into republicans vs. democrats while human- and civil rights by definition should rise above partisanship. I'm curious how members and visitors of BZ who vote republican look on Federally protected gay rights, as it seems there s not a strong right to US privacy in the constitution.

How do you see the role of the federal and state governments when in concerns homosexual intercourse and possibly to marry someone, whether your fiancee is a woman or a man?

For the outsiders, then.  For decades, the Republican Party has been anti-gay, anti-woman’s rights, and anti-black and brown people.  Some of them will make noises that Democrats are the real racists because supporting social safety net programs that keep people alive makes POC more reliant on the largesse of government, but they’re alive. We also endure mewling about how Republicans freed the slaves and Democrats controlled the South in the civil war because they got basically nothing less than 160 years old.  

The source of the stupid is the media echo chamber on the right which insists that people on their side are only members of the tribe in good standing if they only accept each other and their accepted media outlets for all information.  The result is steadily increasing radicalization of basic rank and file Republicans.  For example, we went from no late term abortions, to first trimester only, to first trimester only for rape, incest, or life of the mother, to blastocysts are people, and if the mother dies so be it.  We’re now in an Overton Window where saving the life of the woman in an ectopic pregnancy is illegal in places because morons in their echo chamber keep repeating that there’s a procedure to remove the cells that have attached themselves in the Fallopian tube to the uterus.  So now they think that is a thing in the stupidest echo chamber in the dumbest of all possible timelines.  

And that bullshit radicalization is on every topic.  They think Joe Biden is responsible for worldwide gas price increases because if it’s just capitalism being capitalism and they love capitalism like it’s the best dick on the planet pounding their ass until they bleed and can’t form a coherent thought because they can’t.

And part of it isn’t their fault.  The Republican Dichotomy still holds:  All Republicans are stupid or evil and there’s a lot more dumb in the world than malice.

So it looks like Democrats vs. Republicans, but it’s people trying to get to a better world, although too many Democrats are too slow, vs. people who are mindlessly dumb due to brainwashing from media consumption willing to destroy the world and themselves so some rich people can get more rich.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, TotalTop said:

This is fear mongering, and nobody can actually accurately predict the future.

It’s not really fear mongering he said it in his opinion that it should be reconsidered. this is an open invitation for states to bring it on. They aren’t gonna stop until we’re at Christian Evangelical Society!

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, curiousaboutbb said:

It’s not really fear mongering he said it in his opinion that it should be reconsidered. this is an open invitation for states to bring it on. They aren’t gonna stop until we’re at Christian Evangelical Society!

That is never going to happen.

On 6/24/2022 at 10:34 PM, headnurse20 said:

Once they take care of contraception, sexual privacy, and gay marriage, then they’ll go for Loving. Thomas is so power drunk right now he doesn’t see it.

On 6/25/2022 at 6:27 AM, BlindRawFucker1 said:

When i wrote my previous post, i had no idea that Thomas’s wife was white.

She is white, far far right and evil. She ought to be in jail for her part in the Jan 6 insurrection.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, NEDenver said:

For the outsiders, then.  For decades, the Republican Party has been anti-gay, anti-woman’s rights, and anti-black and brown people.  Some of them will make noises that Democrats are the real racists because supporting social safety net programs that keep people alive makes POC more reliant on the largesse of government, but they’re alive. We also endure mewling about how Republicans freed the slaves and Democrats controlled the South in the civil war because they got basically nothing less than 160 years old.  

Note: the Republicans of the 1860s which freed the slaves were effectively Democrats. In the 1890s Rs and Ds basically switched platforms.  So that argument is bogus. 

9 hours ago, NEDenver said:

The source of the stupid is the media echo chamber on the right which insists that people on their side are only members of the tribe in good standing if they only accept each other and their accepted media outlets for all information.  The result is steadily increasing radicalization of basic rank and file Republicans.  For example, we went from no late term abortions, to first trimester only, to first trimester only for rape, incest, or life of the mother, to blastocysts are people, and if the mother dies so be it.  We’re now in an Overton Window where saving the life of the woman in an ectopic pregnancy is illegal in places because morons in their echo chamber keep repeating that there’s a procedure to remove the cells that have attached themselves in the Fallopian tube to the uterus.  So now they think that is a thing in the stupidest echo chamber in the dumbest of all possible timelines.  

And that bullshit radicalization is on every topic.  They think Joe Biden is responsible for worldwide gas price increases because if it’s just capitalism being capitalism and they love capitalism like it’s the best dick on the planet pounding their ass until they bleed and can’t form a coherent thought because they can’t.

And part of it isn’t their fault.  The Republican Dichotomy still holds:  All Republicans are stupid or evil and there’s a lot more dumb in the world than malice.

So it looks like Democrats vs. Republicans, but it’s people trying to get to a better world, although too many Democrats are too slow, vs. people who are mindlessly dumb due to brainwashing from media consumption willing to destroy the world and themselves so some rich people can get more rich.

Thanks.

Firstly for underlying my point about partisanship. Secondly for sharing your outrage. (I'm guessing you don't vote Republican).
Most importantly for talking about the radicalisation behind it. It seems that a lot of the deeply felt differences in politics are rooted in Christian Right-wing values vs. rights that have been won only after WWII or are still fought for. 

And that radicalisation where more-and-more people are turning away from reason and science - to me - seems something that is not exclusively happening in the US but on our side of the Atlantic pond as well. There must be something more than a mere political party that's to blame. And I think it might also have to do with social media because it has become more fierce in the last ten years and where it used to be possible to find a common ground or compromise seems te become much harder; And Social Media have the effect that people only get input from within their bubble.

2 hours ago, BradStevens said:

Note: the Republicans of the 1860s which freed the slaves were effectively Democrats. In the 1890s Rs and Ds basically switched platforms.  So that argument is bogus. 

Thanks, noted.

1 hour ago, lambie59 said:

I find it amazing that a Country in 2022 has its Highest Legal Institution using Legislation ratified on June 21st 1788 and December 15th 1791in its decisions. 

What's also quite interesting is when people refer mainly to a book that contains in part 1 some ancient jewish texts from centuries BC, and part 2 was written in the first century AD; for advice on how to live well (!)

People. Oi !

Edited by Guest