PREP Effectiveness for Cumdumps ?

Hey everyone,

Had my gay cherry popped early this year - 3 guys banged me on Grindr. Been wanting to do it for years and always fantasized about becoming a cumdump after watching my first Treasure Island video. But after taking my first loads I became addicted.

From that point I immediately got on PREP because I couldn’t hold out anymore. I’ve been on prep for 5 months now and since that time I have taken over 400 loads - multiple gangbangs a week, regular trips to the bathhouse (sitting in a sling getting pounded), and several Cumunions a month. In short, I have become a complete and total cumdump whore, and I love it! My only concern is HIV - I can’t get it. Is PREP 100%? 

400 loads in 5 months? Fucking hell, I'm jealous!

I haven't seen any stats in a while now, but I've fairly recently heard an expert suggest while nothing can be ever be guaranteed 100%, it's a tiny fraction away from that. As with nay meds, it depends on not missing doses, taking it correctly, etc. From memory there have been a very small number of cases where guys became poz while on PrEP, but they were quite specific circumstances. 

It would be worth asking doctors where you get your PrEP what the latest assessment is. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

HIV seroconversion in PrEP users is infrequent and its prevalence has been estimated at around 3% [7], with most PrEP ‘failures’ attributed to poor adherence.

A compelling paper from 2022 that probably needs a look.  I had thought that PrEP failure was lower than the 3% cited.

[think before following links] https://journals.lww.com/aidsonline/Fulltext/2022/03150/Rising_rates_of_recent_preexposure_prophylaxis.9.aspx 

• Thanks 1

I’m neg and about to take a verified poz load tonight. I take prep using the “on demand” method, taking two pills a few hours before fucking then one pill 24 hours later and 48 hours later. We’ll see how it works

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fuckholedc said:

A compelling paper from 2022 that probably needs a look.  I had thought that PrEP failure was lower than the 3% cited.

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://journals.lww.com/aidsonline/Fulltext/2022/03150/Rising_rates_of_recent_preexposure_prophylaxis.9.aspx 

The 3% cited is based upon an estimation of conversions where PrEP contact is reported. PrEP contact is different than correct PrEP usage, as it also includes incorrect PrEP usage.

6 hours ago, LocalGuyTopNL said:

The 3% cited is based upon an estimation of conversions where PrEP contact is reported. PrEP contact is different than correct PrEP usage, as it also includes incorrect PrEP usage.

That's true.  However the article also says that among the set of people who experienced PrEP failure, some 13% had followed the protocol correctly.   So a naïve estimate would support a failure rate of 39/10000 (3% * 13%).  This is also much higher than expected but inline with protective %'s cited publicly  - 99% effective - this article suggests 99.61% - if this is approx. correct and the time period is a year then PrEP provides  79% protection over a 60 year period.  But the article can be read as limiting protecting from testing quarter to testing quarter which then reduces the protection to 79% protection over 15 years.

When considering the effectiveness of PReP, take into consideration the danger of a crash while driving, walking across the street and getting run down, slipping and cracking your head open in the shower, all kinds of stuff.  Then, balance those risks against the above-mentioned reductions in risk of hiv, and you'll wind up with a fairly impressive appreciation of how PReP can protect you from hiv.  Nothing is fool-proof, we're all going to ditch at some point from something, and the way I see it, taking easily-accomplished steps with impressive track records of protection so I can live my life on my terms is - well - a no-brainer.

Sure, you'll pick up some treatable bugs once in a while.  Get regular testing, get rid of the bugs, and keep fucking.  The way I see it, a small price to pay for living the life I need to live.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I think it's also important to remember that the correct comparison for the effectiveness of prep is not with abstinence: it's with the effectiveness of condoms.

All the data indicates that in 'real world' (as opposed to laboratory) conditions, condoms are less effective than PreP at preventing HIV: they can slip off, break, tops can take them off deliberately, etc.

The paper posted by @fuckholedc confirms that poor adherence is responsible for most cases of Prep 'Failure' with only 7 of the 52 participants infected while on PreP (out of 1030 total) reporting excellent adherence (and they might have been lying about their adherence). As someone who has mostly used event-based dosing the past couple of years, and who has sometimes had logistical issues in acquiring PreP, I can confirm that it's easy to miss a dose or to be unsure if you missed one if you don't have a regular routine of taking it every day.

The only way to guarantee you will not be infected by HIV is to abstain from sex. However, it's fair to say that combining PreP AND Condom use would probably reduce your risk to infinitesimally low.

Study on condom effectiveness: [think before following links] https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25469526/

and a summary of that study: [think before following links] https://www.sfaf.org/collections/beta/how-well-do-condoms-protect-gay-men-from-hiv/

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2022 at 11:54 PM, borntosuck said:

Where can I find out more about prep. Can anyone get it? Us it free?

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-exposure_prophylaxis

Talk to your general practitioner / regular doctor and/or your local health clinic.  

Cost differs per country and I can't see what country your Mediterranean Island is part of.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, bluedragon said:

You also might be able to buy generic prep from abroad, depending on if they ship to your country, check out [think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.iwantprepnow.co.uk/buy-prep-now/

for links.

He still would need to get tested before he starts on PrEP, on HIV and other STD's during usage and have other blood-work done to use PrEP safely though.
Especially a latest generation HIV-test before staring would be wise; not entirely sure if there's a risk of developing a med-resistant strain of HIV if someone is already POZ but I think that's the reason that these tests are part of most medical protocols. 

Yes, it's wise to get a full STD screen and they do want to check kidney function as there is a small chance of side effects. Most competent STD  clinics should do this for you. However if you are having lots of risky sex now it makes sense to get on Prep without delay.

• Upvote 1