PREP Effectiveness for Cumdumps ?

On 7/4/2022 at 6:23 AM, Barebacker831 said:

I’m neg and about to take a verified poz load tonight. I take prep using the “on demand” method, taking two pills a few hours before fucking then one pill 24 hours later and 48 hours later. We’ll see how it works

That’s certainly one of the methods approved here in Scotland and what I do.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/26/2022 at 2:17 PM, BottomSlut26 said:

Hey everyone,

Had my gay cherry popped early this year - 3 guys banged me on Grindr. Been wanting to do it for years and always fantasized about becoming a cumdump after watching my first Treasure Island video. But after taking my first loads I became addicted.

From that point I immediately got on PREP because I couldn’t hold out anymore. I’ve been on prep for 5 months now and since that time I have taken over 400 loads - multiple gangbangs a week, regular trips to the bathhouse (sitting in a sling getting pounded), and several Cumunions a month. In short, I have become a complete and total cumdump whore, and I love it! My only concern is HIV - I can’t get it. Is PREP 100%? 

400 😱 you broke my personal best. 

• 5 months later...
On 7/5/2022 at 5:57 AM, bluedragon said:

I think it's also important to remember that the correct comparison for the effectiveness of prep is not with abstinence: it's with the effectiveness of condoms.

All the data indicates that in 'real world' (as opposed to laboratory) conditions, condoms are less effective than PreP at preventing HIV: they can slip off, break, tops can take them off deliberately, etc.

The paper posted by @fuckholedc confirms that poor adherence is responsible for most cases of Prep 'Failure' with only 7 of the 52 participants infected while on PreP (out of 1030 total) reporting excellent adherence (and they might have been lying about their adherence). As someone who has mostly used event-based dosing the past couple of years, and who has sometimes had logistical issues in acquiring PreP, I can confirm that it's easy to miss a dose or to be unsure if you missed one if you don't have a regular routine of taking it every day.

The only way to guarantee you will not be infected by HIV is to abstain from sex. However, it's fair to say that combining PreP AND Condom use would probably reduce your risk to infinitesimally low.

Study on condom effectiveness: [think before following links] [think before following links] https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25469526/

and a summary of that study: [think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.sfaf.org/collections/beta/how-well-do-condoms-protect-gay-men-from-hiv/

An important difference nowadays, though, is that many guys, top and bottom, will refuse condom use. So, sadly, the comparison of PrEP or nothing probably is valid in many situations. I've never had anyone refuse because I take PrEP. Thankfully! 🙏

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2022 at 7:23 AM, Barebacker831 said:

I’m neg and about to take a verified poz load tonight. I take prep using the “on demand” method, taking two pills a few hours before fucking then one pill 24 hours later and 48 hours later. We’ll see how it works

It works fine! I take prep on demand and wenn i am very active as bottom daily. In period i am not active i stop prep. My only concern are the other STD's. I heard today i got anal gonnorea. I got my cefrtriaxon shot, so thats will solve the gonnorea but i cant deal with this easy. Most guys i now just dont botter and get their antibiotics and they start getting bred again (some do not wait 1 week before getting bred again). But that is everyones own decision and responsibility. You guys have sone thoughts ideas? 

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2023 at 8:00 AM, roellie said:

It works fine! I take prep on demand and wenn i am very active as bottom daily. In period i am not active i stop prep. My only concern are the other STD's. I heard today i got anal gonnorea. I got my cefrtriaxon shot, so thats will solve the gonnorea but i cant deal with this easy. Most guys i now just dont botter and get their antibiotics and they start getting bred again (some do not wait 1 week before getting bred again). But that is everyones own decision and responsibility. You guys have sone thoughts ideas? 

Earlier this year I caught gono (throat) and didn't have any sex from when I got tested to seven days after treatment. Since my positive test and treatment were all handled through online services, my local county health department contacted me and asked for me to come in to retest to make sure it had been cured. I did and it was.

I informed all of my regular partners when I found out and they all got tested and were negative for it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2022 at 8:23 AM, Barebacker831 said:

So how did it go?

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2023 at 2:18 AM, TallAussieBtm said:

An important difference nowadays, though, is that many guys, top and bottom, will refuse condom use. So, sadly, the comparison of PrEP or nothing probably is valid in many situations. I've never had anyone refuse because I take PrEP. Thankfully! 🙏

Sadly, I have. However, they were probably fishing and not worth my time anyways.