Screen names and how you interpret them

tallslenderguy

Thought i'd start a (hopefully) fun thread on screen names guys use on gay sites and how they impact those who read them.  i've used "tallslenderguy" for many years for it's descriptiveness.  It's straight forward, describes a little about me and  is neutral.  

Some make me smile, some make me hot. Others make me roll my eyes, like when i see the same profile on Squirt , or some similar locale,  for 10 years: "virginass."  Anyone else have thoughts like: "whoa, he still hasn't gotten laid?"  lol.  Obviously, some guys come up with their names in the heat of the moment without thought of the future. 

There's tons of examples, thought it might be fun to start a thread about them.

What are some of the names you've encountered, and how they affect you?

• Upvote 2

The back tail, or backside tailslide, is the best loved trick in skateboarding. I like doing them switch.🤙

For bottoms looking for sex... keep the cultural side of being gay out of the wanting cum in your ass side. Movie and music references are for dates. I see astrological stuff a lot, like a Grindr dude called "100% Gemini, baby!" In emoji. I'm an Aries, but I don't give a fuck about astrology, so I rammed someone else.

• Like 3

I like screen names that are inventive, allude to what the guy's prowling for, and leave room for a bit of guessing.  Mine, unfortunately, doesn't do much of one of those though.  It's fair, it's concise, and not much else.  Back when I used the apps, I wonder how many times the first thing a guy would type is "hunt-my-hole".  😴

My screen name allows men to project something onto it. I've been asked if I'm a priest or a judge a lot, but I'm neither. I like the ambiguity of the name and it comes from a book series I really liked when I was younger.

Judge, hangman, priest, magician, sage, oracle, mystic, etc. The black robe is about ritual and mystery.

• Like 1

I thought that my name was obvious.

But, it is surprising how many guys don’t pick up on the fact that I’m actually blind.

Many of those who do notice the “blind” portion of my name, think it has something to do with me being into blindfolds.

Unfortunately, some guys are turned off when they find out, disappear.  Or, they are embarrassed that they didn’t realize the word “blind” actually means I can’t see.

There are a lot of names on here that are amazing.  I wish I had thought of them.

• Piggy 1

I’ve been PumpInMyHole since the days of AOL M4M chat rooms, and I’ve been able to keep it on multiple sites. I almost created PumpOurHoles for times that I was feeling kind of versatile, but I don’t think I have it in me to manage multiple names on multiple sites. 
I always appreciate names that tell exactly what they’re looking for, such as Top4Ass or similar. I’d tend to click on those first. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BlindRawFucker1 said:

I thought that my name was obvious.

But, it is surprising how many guys don’t pick up on the fact that I’m actually blind.

Many of those who do notice the “blind” portion of my name, think it has something to do with me being into blindfolds.

Unfortunately, some guys are turned off when they find out, disappear.  Or, they are embarrassed that they didn’t realize the word “blind” actually means I can’t see.

There are a lot of names on here that are amazing.  I wish I had thought of them.

Sadly, it’s true that guys turn down even an anonymous hook up because of disabilities. I have one friend who is blind, several friends who are deaf. And they have commented on it several times.

I remember a time when sites told us the letters PNP could not be included in our screen name or handle.  Of course, there are ways around that.   What these sites didn't understand is that they would lose business.  Have you ever posted a profile on Manhunt? I got a free 30 day membership from another site and found that Manhunt was a gay version of CHRISTIAN MINGLE.   None of those members would have sex with a guy who was poz, participated in bb sex or was on prep, or parTied.   I have never seen a bunch of more judgmental gays in my entire life.  

Give me BBRT, give me NKP, or MeWe (!) but you can keep Manhunt.  I don't need to be judged, I went to Catholic school for twelve years I have had enough of that.

4 hours ago, DarkroomTaker said:

My name says it all.

"So...where are you from?" Read my screen name and Google mate, you'll figure it out. 🤣

I was thinking of the usual suspect names, such as HughJanus, HughGRection, LouBriccant, or MikeOxmall since any post has our location if listed. I've used 3 of those 4 to crash Zoom calls. 🤣😂

• Like 1

My usernames here and on NKP are similar (but different, even though they have the same vibe). Both are quite descriptive of what I like to do, but neither is 100% accurate because I don't just want to eat....

My BBRT screenname (winighi247 for "want it, need it, gotta have it 24/7) was more true when I setup that account. But if it is even slightly inconvenient to get it? I usually can't be bothered with need it and gotta have it, much less 24/7 cause I need my sleep! (There is at least one bottom for whom I will make exceptions though cause he is worth being tired the next day!!!)

Pre-online translators being ubiquitous, I had strung together 3 childhood nicknames as a username and email address. Had many a person ask me what that word meant, cause they couldn't find it anywhere! (Because it's three childhood nicknames strung together, it still won't come up in an online translator!)

I have an email address and username that I (used to) use for sex. 14me appears meaning one for me. I have had many guys read that as 14 me and ask me if I actually have 14"! 🤯🤪🤣 Ummm.... No! Not even in "internet inches"!

If the username is antithetical to the rest of the profile? PASS! Even if it doesn't appeal to me, I'm ALL for username describing who one is or what one is into! (I THINK) The phrase I read here earlier today is "yuk someone's yum." So I'm not going to do that by providing examples. But if your username is "eatmycumhole" (hopefully that isn't a screen name on this site!) and your avatar/profile pic shows your dick, PASS! I'm not even going to click on your profile to see if we might be compatible....

I know I have seen some wonderful screennames, but right now I don't remember any of them. 😦

15 hours ago, ellentonboy said:

CHRISTIAN MINGLE.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ...... never been to the above-mentioned site, but if it's anything like mancunt, then that's yet another reason to avoid it.  I haven't used any of them for years.