Screen names and how you interpret them

tallslenderguy

20 hours ago, BlindRawFucker1 said:

I thought that my name was obvious.

But, it is surprising how many guys don’t pick up on the fact that I’m actually blind.

I got the meaning of your screen name straight away - I've played with blind and deaf guys several times and found them to be very sensual. I've learnt plenty from them.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 4:58 PM, DarkroomTaker said:

My name says it all.

Well... yes and no. Obviously you like darkroom sex. But I could interpret "Taker" as "I take men's asses there" or "I take men's cocks there" or "I do both". So while it says *most*, it might could be clarified a tad. 🙂

6 hours ago, Caged said:

My name comes from the fact that I am trapped…caged…in a fake straight married life. 

This probably belongs in a separate thread - and maybe you'll wish to start one, maybe not - but "trapped" is often, if not quite always, a self-imposed issue. Your profile doesn't give any hints as to where you live, but in most of the free world, divorces happen every day, even when a couple has children or other obligations together. And people come out of the closet, even later in life, every day.

This afternoon I was listening to one of the creators of the new TV series "A League of Their Own", based on the movie from a number of years ago. One part that the movie couldn't really emphasize - and now, the TV version can - is that many of the women in the real-life women's baseball league were, unsurprisingly in retrospect, queer women and many were making the first same-sex connections of their lives, something possible because so many men were off in the war effort. One of these players recently came out, just in time for the premiere of the pilot episode, at the ripe old age of 90-something.

If you want out of the cage, it can be done. It may not be comfortable, and it may cost you - no guarantees that it will be easy. But it's doable. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Caged said:

My name comes from the fact that I am trapped…caged…in a fake straight married life. 

Seeing your name on a gay site, being married does not occur to me, i immediately think you are in chastity... maybe a double entendre? 

Ditto Bootman. i get it. i was married to a woman 31 years. my freedom came when i finally figured out that my very real cage was not my marriage, but the beliefs that kept me married, not the marriage itself. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/5/2022 at 10:31 PM, Ieatcumholes said:

If the username is antithetical to the rest of the profile? PASS! Even if it doesn't appeal to me, I'm ALL for username describing who one is or what one is into! (I THINK) The phrase I read here earlier today is "yuk someone's yum." So I'm not going to do that by providing examples. But if your username is "eatmycumhole" (hopefully that isn't a screen name on this site!) and your avatar/profile pic shows your dick, PASS! I'm not even going to click on your profile to see if we might be compatible....

Right?  i encounter this all the time. Screen name: "Topforyou" or "Cockforyou" or "Dickinyou", then you read the profile and it's all about him wanting to get fucked lol. 

my screen name is positionally neutral, but my profiles so clearly spell out i'm total bottom, both pics and words. i rarely even have a pic with my penis in it, but i do have several with it tucked. lol, i usually put those in the 'private' pics section because they're pretty kinky and not everyone will understand those pics without some conversation. 

• Upvote 1

Depends on the app for me, as far as what mine is.

I'm this name on here and on BBRT for obvious reasons.  It gets to the point, gives an idea of what I like and am into.  Although, it does tend to attract the jerk-bait guys who are only interested in talking with me about it vs. doing anything with it (I can usually pick up on these guys quicky, and disengage accordingly).  On the flip side, it also brings out guys who are into the poz verbal fetish, but are also into some pretty heavy stuff (i.e. excessive drug use, deliberate sharing of other "bugs" other than HIV).  I've contemplated changing it again...have had a few different ones on BBRT over the years, depending on my mood.  

For other sites, I change it up and not be THAT upfront.  On Recon, for example, I'm IntimateKinkster...recognising that it is a fetish site (and I do enjoy fetish play), but also upfront about needing a pre-existing connection before getting into that stuff...usually.

As far as what I look for in others, I just want it to grab my attention...give a good idea of what you might be into (HONESTLY, of course....don't put "vers" in your name if you're not actually vers).  But I'm prob in the minority in that I do actually read profiles when I click/swipe/whatever on them.  At that point, the screen name is less important than you being somewhat interesting and open about sharing what exactly you want out of the site or app.

Mine is because I'm mainly an author of fantasy stories with HIV involved; nothing published or paid, it's just a hobby here and in some other web spaces.

I was conflicted at the beginning as I wanted "PozWorld" due to the fantasy environment I create in my stories, but it sounded too ambitious and I preferred PozTales - the starting idea was to share this profile with my partner but English is not our first language, he's not too familiar and he has preferred to let me use it mostly.

As we have both the same first name, we playfully call ourselves Proton and Electron (positive and negative sign) or, better, GifterProton and ChaserElectron so I also thought to change my nickname in GifterProton. Yes, "Gifter" is my nickname outside too, even if most people think it's due to a Christmas party where one year I distributed presents to children while dressed as Santa.

In the end I decided to leave PozTales though, for a matter of RESPECT towards others: for me poz talk remains a fantasy, even during real sex but I'm undetectable without any intention to spread HIV so adding "gifter" to my label could cause misunderstandings or, worse, illusions.

The world is full of keyboard warriors promising the moon only to leave people with nothing, I am not one of them, I clarify from the beginning what I'm here for and people I chat with who have learnt to know me, respect me as I am.

• Upvote 1

I have had multiple profile names on the various sites and apps over the years, but I think my current name here on Breeding Zone is the one I’ve had longer than any other. As Breeding Zone is the place where we can take off our masks and be ourselves, I wanted the name to reflect my interests. 
Having a literary background, I chose the name as a twisted nod to Eugene O’Neill’s play The Iceman Cometh, with the  variation in spelling being a none to subtle innuendo towards sex and substances. I came up with it after I started to partake once again after several years sober and thinking it was playful. Having recently reread the work, I’ll keep the name as  it has a more poignant meaning to me now. 

Certain words definitely catch my attention.  I think to myself, “I want to know more.”

On the other hand, a group of random letters usually does the same thing.  Often I’ll try to figure out what they mean first.  If I can’t, then I’ll check out the profile.

Certain words turn me off.  I won’t even open the profile.  I’m sure I missed out on some hot guys by doing that.

On 8/6/2022 at 11:17 AM, Caged said:

Out of curiosity, do you in fact wear a cock cage? Because that would have been my instant assumption based on the name alone, and a whole raft of other assumptions would tag right along with that. I imagine guys make judgments about your sex role preference, level of submissiveness, level of self-esteem, level of kink experience, etc. without ever glancing at your profile, and may get you completely wrong. Do you find this a problem, or does the username pretty well cover all your bases the way you want them covered? I ask just because it’s a pretty loaded term in this context.

• Upvote 1