Anyone else put off meeting due to MP?

I haven't met anyone for a couple of months as I'm worried about Monkey Pox. I'm conflicted and a little confused over my own behaviour as I don't think twice about meeting poz guys whether detectable or not. Does anyone else feel the same or am I being over cautious. The vaccine isn't readily available here at the moment.

Edited by bbbbob
  • Upvote 1

No and won’t.

Fear of AIDS growing up in the eighties and nineties hindered developing my sex-life, COVID-19 actually was a surprise bonus as all the locals started fucking locally more so I’ll just

Keep Calm

and

Carry On.

Yes, I've completely stopped due to MP.  I have a pretty high sex drive (not as much as some I realize), but between covid and now MP it's seriously dropped off.  Prior to covid I'd have 2 or 3 or 4 hookups a week, some of them groups or the sex club.  With covid, my sex life went in waves depending on my comfort level.  But these pics of MP I see (some I know personally) are enough to make me hold off.  I haven't had sex or any contact since July 4th weekend, and I'm crawling the walls.  But I did get my first vaccine 3 weeks ago.  I'm going to Southern Decadence BEFORE my second shot, so we will see how I handle that.  I have a feeling I may cave in depending what's offered to me lol.  I'll be at 85% protection, so I may roll the dice at that point for some hot ass or cock 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm hanging low these days too. I've received my MP vaccine, now waiting for next COVID-19 booster (it must include ba4 and ba5 variants). Then I'll resume cautiously. I have 1 local 30 yo pigson to play with now.

I've had 2 MP doses and 4 total covid shots. Also looking forward to the covid shot with the ba4 and ba5 (as @read1 noted). Before pandemic I was a traveling slut. I'd fly 15-20 times per year visiting places for hook up purposes. I miss that life lots. That came to a screeching halt and then I changed careers during pandemic and am starting over at entry level so not only don't i have  time to travel, but I also don't have the $$$. At home here I have a few regular buds which has been nice with regard to MP and COVID concerns, but I am planning a couple nights in the Philly area during Labor Day as my "summer vacation", and I'm hopefully going to get a small group together at my motel and have some fun at Club Philly and some of the other quality establishments in the area.  I've never been the type to draw dozens and dozens of tops, and there's a ton of bottoms, I'm not greedy. I'll be satisficed with a few loads each day, and I'm hopeful that guys will follow the "if you're sick, stay home" rule which includes any signs of the MP.  

• Upvote 2

I've been staying away from the backrooms and saunas - but last night i weakened and went to Bunker Bar and got fucked, sucked various cocks, rimmed and was rimmed, kissed, and had my tits prick and balls chewed and twisted. So all possible avenues of infection explored, except for pit worship which a guy wouldn't allow me to do for some reason.

Finally got the 1st ‘Pox shot this week. Already have all 4 Covid shots, but have been apprehensive about making my weekly visit to the baths for the last few weeks. 
Yet, I hosted a door-ajar darkroom scene a few days before the ‘Pox shot with a guy I’m planning on hosting again next week. I’m still trying to hook-up, but just not at the baths with multiple tops anymore. Not sure if/when I’ll get back to that. 

On 8/25/2022 at 11:26 AM, bbbbob said:

Does anyone else feel the same or am I being over cautious.

It seems to me that the only thing that is important is YOUR comfort level.  It doesn't matter if every other guy is out there fucking around unconcerned.  We have fought for the right to have sex.  But, equally important is the right not to have sex.  If you're not comfortable with the risk, then act accordingly.  You're the one who bears the consequences of your actions, not any of us.

I’ve been cautious with monkey pox… I don’t want that showing up for the world to see… I like keeping my piggy passion on the DL 😉

but I did get my first MP dose today.  Once I get through the regimen, I will be back to my anon ass up ways….