How many people here have been bullied by one of the moderators?

BoyStrangler

Some of you may have noticed some of the moderators really get off on throwing their weight around. The worst one being viking8x6. If you dare to not like something he says, he engages in a prolonged passive aggressive attack, by constantly downvoting your comments. While I understand that anyone is able to do this, it is clear he is only doing this out of spite. Then, if you dare to do the same thing back to him, he will comb through your comments until he finds something he can justify suspending you for. This is often among a bunch of similar comments others have made in the same thread. I know this because my boy was recently suspended for a comment in Best age to start sucking cock. A thread they have permitted for a long time, despite the fact that they like to use the responses (generally involving recounting your own experience as occurred with @gangbangsuperstar. Let’s face it, on a site like this, they can find some excuse to suspend anyone of us whenever they feel the need to remind you who’ s boss. And yes, they have the right to. But just because you CAN do something, that doesn’t mean you should. Integrity has requirements. She did warn me beforehand that she had responded to his harassment in kind (even though I had warned her not to bother stooping to his level) and fully expected to be suspended as we all know bullies do not like it when people stand up to them. I personally do not think such a bitter, small person should be in charge of anything like this as they tend to wield their perceived power improperly. I am fairly certain I will face a lengthy suspension as despots and bullies do not appreciate dissidents (see China’s ruling communist party) and I’m sure they will recount how “difficult” the job is and the mod suck ups will defend them but I cannot tolerate bullies in any form and feel it is up to individuals to call them out regardless. Just wanted to post this so that anyone else out there dealing with bullying from this moderator knows you are not alone. I know of several people who have had to deal with his bullying, and despite waiting for him to simply go away and simply perform the task of a moderator, he has chosen to use the position to flex. I have not always seen eye to eye with the moderators here but have found them to be professional. This one is NOT, and has not been for awhile. So speak out. Speak out against bullying, don’t defend it. Peace out!

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 2.17.53 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I know you have to be very care full on what you say or post on here, as they are very touchy  on a lot of subjects.  I have found some  things  they do are not right but  you have very little recourse  as they make the rules .

I will problem  get  nailed for even  saying this . have before . I guess  all we can do is not use the site 

• Like 1

Dude. This is a privately owned website that you’re using for free. It’s not a fucking democracy. It’s not even a republic. The owner gets to make whatever rules he wants in his own house. While you’re in his house, you observe his rules. If you don’t like his rules, you leave his house. Simple.

Yes, I’m going to speak up for the Moderators, not because I suck up to them (why would I need to?) but because I do the same thankless job elsewhere on the web, and it ain’t easy trying to keep the tent from flying off a three-ring circus full of loudmouthed ass-clowns who want to put on a show.

“Calling out” a Moderator will accomplish absolutely nothing except getting you banned quicker. You have no power or authority to do anything but show your ass. It took you time and effort to write this screed, but they can blink it out of existence in a tiny fraction of that time - and probably will - and probably should. 

Because the truth is, this isn’t about integrity, or calling someone to account - this is about you venting your spleen because someone had the nerve to talk back to you. You seriously expect sympathy from the readers of this forum when someone who calls himself ‘BoyStrangler’ cries “bully”? A bully is usually the first one to stand up and holler “bully” when things don’t go his way, and every syllable you’ve ever posted on this forum, sir, screams “bully”. That’s not me characterizing you - that’s the brand you market for yourself

By all means aggravate the Moderators. While you’re at it, why not get in some practice by going to the zoo, climbing in the tiger cage and poking the tiger with a stick? Same thing, basically.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Man your doomed.

.I think your going to be doing a "Time Out" with your boy in the corner and i  think this time its you that's going to take it up the ass for a VERY LONG fuck

i got some demerits from the vivking, but for posting in the wrong places when I first joined...didnt know the rules...didn't blame him personally

I'll check to see if your profile is  still alive in the morning.

calm down man its not like the president censored you   could be worse.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ErosWired said:

... You seriously expect sympathy from the readers of this forum when someone who calls himself ‘BoyStrangler’ cries “bully”?

Did you have to launch into a personal attack to make your point? You're actually supporting his view, not correcting it.

6 hours ago, BoyStrangler said:

Some of you may have noticed some of the moderators really get off on throwing their weight around. The worst one being viking8x6. If you dare to not like something he says, he engages in a prolonged passive aggressive attack, by constantly downvoting your comments. While I understand that anyone is able to do this, it is clear he is only doing this out of spite. Then, if you dare to do the same thing back to him, he will comb through your comments until he finds something he can justify suspending you for. This is often among a bunch of similar comments others have made in the same thread. I know this because my boy was recently suspended for a comment in Best age to start sucking cock. A thread they have permitted for a long time, despite the fact that they like to use the responses (generally involving recounting your own experience as occurred with @gangbangsuperstar. Let’s face it, on a site like this, they can find some excuse to suspend anyone of us whenever they feel the need to remind you who’ s boss. And yes, they have the right to. But just because you CAN do something, that doesn’t mean you should. Integrity has requirements. She did warn me beforehand that she had responded to his harassment in kind (even though I had warned her not to bother stooping to his level) and fully expected to be suspended as we all know bullies do not like it when people stand up to them. I personally do not think such a bitter, small person should be in charge of anything like this as they tend to wield their perceived power improperly. I am fairly certain I will face a lengthy suspension as despots and bullies do not appreciate dissidents (see China’s ruling communist party) and I’m sure they will recount how “difficult” the job is and the mod suck ups will defend them but I cannot tolerate bullies in any form and feel it is up to individuals to call them out regardless. Just wanted to post this so that anyone else out there dealing with bullying from this moderator knows you are not alone. I know of several people who have had to deal with his bullying, and despite waiting for him to simply go away and simply perform the task of a moderator, he has chosen to use the position to flex. I have not always seen eye to eye with the moderators here but have found them to be professional. This one is NOT, and has not been for awhile. So speak out. Speak out against bullying, don’t defend it. Peace out!

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 2.17.53 PM.png

Although I agree with much of what you have shared, I don't consider it bullying, as much as I consider it censorship. There seems to be an obvious patter of 'corrective action' against those who don't fall within the thought processes that are deemed 'acceptable' in their opinion.

I can't speak for your interaction with Viking8x6, but I have had my own with him that I can speak about. Although we disagree on many issues, he and I have been able to have a meaningful dialogue about our differences and he has not been disrespectful to me in any way. On the contrary, he continued the dialogue even when we both knew that neither of us could change the other's opinion.

What I don't like - and wish would change - about this site is the censorship of ideology, and the hypocrisy of claiming the censorship is to protect people from harm, but at the same time dangerous things such as drug abuse, AIDS worship, bug-chasing and other obviously more physically harmful activities are allowed to stay and are actually encouraged, whereas there seems to be a compelling need to censor you from sharing opinions that others deem 'harmful'. Can we not think for ourselves and need "protection of what goes into our heads", or is thinking for yourself no longer allowed?

I will also say from personal experience that there is favoritism by one or more of the moderators. I've seen individuals speak to one another in rude and disrespectful manners and nothing gets done, even if you do complain, but yet people get punished for posting something 'off-topic' that could have been deemed to be an extension of the original topic.

Edited by Close2MyBro
Revise for clarity
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Close2MyBro said:

Did you have to launch into a personal attack to make your point? You're actually supporting his view, not correcting it.

It wasn’t a personal attack. I don’t know the man, so I don’t know what he’s actually like. I don’t dislike him, such that I would attack him. What I contest is his rhetoric. My point, if you read more carefully, is that the persona that he chooses to display through his posts and his username is unlikely to give him much credibility as someone who is a defender against bullies.

I might add, however, that when a debater employs a tactic intended to foil counterargument by preemptively discrediting anyone who might speak against him - in this case classing all such persons as “mod suck ups” - he can hardly complain when his own objectivity and credibility is equally placed under scrutiny.

Edited by ErosWired
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Close2MyBro said:

What I don't like - and wish would change - about this site is the censorship of ideology, and the hypocrisy of claiming the censorship is to protect people from harm, but at the same time dangerous things such as drug abuse, AIDS worship, bug-chasing and other obviously more physically harmful activities are allowed to stay and are actually encouraged,

I actually agree with you on this point, and confess that I have never quite understood the thinking behind it. The policies may have a rationally considered basis, but that basis is either poorly communicated or not at all, and ends up coming across as arbitrary and capricious when it comes down to enforcing regulations.

Most people are willing to comply with reasonable controls when they are clearly explained and they can understand why they’re needed. Not that many people, particularly adults, react well to “Do as you’re told” without any reason. In my view, some disquiet might be avoided with greater clarity, but that assumes there’s actually a logical reason for the contradictions you point out.

It could be that the censorship appears piecemeal because the preference is not to limit content, but a certain amount of blockage is dictated by the legal constraints the site owner must comply with to ensure the site is not targeted by the authorities or other groups intent on silencing all such discussion online. The censorship of terms and discussions related to sex with males not yet of the age of maturity (note the circuitous reference) is very intentionally because such content being found on the site by internet searches would be an express ticket to this place getting put under a microscope by law enforcement, and likely closed. We probably skate pretty close to the edge of the ice as it is.

The point where your view on this an mine probably diverges is that while we would both like to see an end to the apparent contradictory philosophy and policies where they concern potentially harmful practices, I would prefer to see the site err on the side of protecting people from harm rather than throwing open the floodgates to every corrupt, debased thought and practice possible and leave every person to sort it out for himself. Not everyone has the same level of maturity, sophistication, experience, common sense, or self control. Some children should not be turned loose in a candy store. That’s why Moderators are necessary. Augustus Gloop and Veruca Salt are why Moderating isn’t easy.

• Upvote 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Close2MyBro said:

What I don't like - and wish would change - about this site is the censorship of ideology, and the hypocrisy of claiming the censorship is to protect people from harm, but at the same time dangerous things such as drug abuse, AIDS worship, bug-chasing and other obviously more physically harmful activities are allowed to stay and are actually encouraged, whereas there seems to be a compelling need to censor you from sharing opinions that others deem 'harmful'. Can we not think for ourselves and need "protection of what goes into our heads", or is thinking for yourself no longer allowed?

All of the rules for the site are made by @rawTOP, and he alone is responsible for them and for the rationale for them. We moderators (I think I speak for @drscorpio as well here) try to enforce them as even-handedly as possible. I won't claim to be perfect; like everyone else here, I'm human.

I have to disagree with you on several points here. Drug abuse and bug-chasing are tolerated. They are certainly NOT encouraged, and they are limited to the Backroom forums, which allows members to choose not to see that content if they have a desire not to. The majority of what we do as moderators is to enforce that limitation. AIDS worship, or fetishization, is specifically prohibited (even in fiction), per the new "harm to the community" policy that @rawTOP instituted in March '21.

There is not a "compelling need to censor you from sharing opinions that others deem harmful". There IS a policy against posting "false information, conspiracy theories...".

I've seen individuals speak to one another in rude and disrespectful manners and nothing gets done, even if you do complain, but yet people get punished for posting something 'off-topic' that could have been deemed to be an extension of the original topic.

Unless you are the individual in question in BOTH instances, or have reliable information from that individual, you are very likely drawing this conclusion on the basis of insufficient information. Warnings (and the penalties that are sometimes associated with them) are seen only by the person to whom they are issued. The posts that triggered the warning may not be altered in any way, even if the author was penalized severely - or they may be edited, moved, or removed entirely. What is done depends on the particular infraction, the content of the post, and the context of the post.

• Upvote 2

• Moderators
10 hours ago, bbpoznow said:

I will problem  get  nailed for even  saying this . have before .

The only thing you've ever received a penalty for is posting things in the wrong place, or posting duplicates of the same thing in multiple places. The only serious infractions among those were posting bugchasing topics outside the Backroom.

• Moderators
20 hours ago, BoyStrangler said:

Then, if you dare to do the same thing back to him, he will comb through your comments until he finds something he can justify suspending you for. This is often among a bunch of similar comments others have made in the same thread. I know this because my boy was recently suspended for a comment in Best age to start sucking cock.

Your boy was suspended for violating a long-established rule about posts regarding underage sex. You might like to review the rule and contemplate what was different about his post from those other supposedly-similar comments.

If you dare to not like something he says, he engages in a prolonged passive aggressive attack, by constantly downvoting your comments.

Actually I can do nothing of the sort. The attributions for reactions are hidden from moderators, so I cannot see who downvotes (dislikes) my posts.

Personally, I feel the moderators do a bloody good job maintaining a site that has the potential to spin off into grotesque extremes. But then I’m not a man who whips out the victim card at every slight, imagined or otherwise. And I can’t help observing the only example of bullying on this thread is the singling out of one of the moderators,  presumably inviting a pile-in on him. If that was the intention, leave me out.

Edited by RawPlug
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, ErosWired said:

Dude. This is a privately owned website that you’re using for free. It’s not a fucking democracy. It’s not even a republic. The owner gets to make whatever rules he wants in his own house. While you’re in his house, you observe his rules. If you don’t like his rules, you leave his house. Simple.

Yes, I’m going to speak up for the Moderators, not because I suck up to them (why would I need to?) but because I do the same thankless job elsewhere on the web, and it ain’t easy trying to keep the tent from flying off a three-ring circus full of loudmouthed ass-clowns who want to put on a show.

“Calling out” a Moderator will accomplish absolutely nothing except getting you banned quicker. You have no power or authority to do anything but show your ass. It took you time and effort to write this screed, but they can blink it out of existence in a tiny fraction of that time - and probably will - and probably should. 

Because the truth is, this isn’t about integrity, or calling someone to account - this is about you venting your spleen because someone had the nerve to talk back to you. You seriously expect sympathy from the readers of this forum when someone who calls himself ‘BoyStrangler’ cries “bully”? A bully is usually the first one to stand up and holler “bully” when things don’t go his way, and every syllable you’ve ever posted on this forum, sir, screams “bully”. That’s not me characterizing you - that’s the brand you market for yourself

By all means aggravate the Moderators. While you’re at it, why not get in some practice by going to the zoo, climbing in the tiger cage and poking the tiger with a stick? Same thing, basically.

I agree. It is privately owned and they do not have to act with integrity, honesty or respect. But they really should. Just because the law doesn’t explicitly say someone cannot be rude, or dishonest, or a bully or an asshole that doesn’t make it right to exercise that right. A lot of people do a lot of wrong things simply because they can. What is worse is when they are called out they rarely take a moment for introspection and try to become a better version of themselves. They just double down on their own bullshit and spit rhetoric, knowing their sycophants will agree. The difference with me is I only bully boys that want me to bully them. I don’t just go around flexing on anyone I can. Calling out the Chinese government will only get you imprisoned quicker. That doesn’t make it wrong. Bullies will always be bullies and the weak and such sycophants will always cozy up to them. 

Furthermore, any tiger has the right to eat anyone who invades their space. Keyboard tigers do not.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

All of the rules for the site are made by @rawTOP, and he alone is responsible for them and for the rationale for them. We moderators (I think I speak for @drscorpio as well here) try to enforce them as even-handedly as possible. I won't claim to be perfect; like everyone else here, I'm human.

I have to disagree with you on several points here. Drug abuse and bug-chasing are tolerated. They are certainly NOT encouraged, and they are limited to the Backroom forums, which allows members to choose not to see that content if they have a desire not to. The majority of what we do as moderators is to enforce that limitation. AIDS worship, or fetishization, is specifically prohibited (even in fiction), per the new "harm to the community" policy that @rawTOP instituted in March '21.

There is not a "compelling need to censor you from sharing opinions that others deem harmful". There IS a policy against posting "false information, conspiracy theories...".

Unless you are the individual in question in BOTH instances, or have reliable information from that individual, you are very likely drawing this conclusion on the basis of insufficient information. Warnings (and the penalties that are sometimes associated with them) are seen only by the person to whom they are issued. The posts that triggered the warning may not be altered in any way, even if the author was penalized severely - or they may be edited, moved, or removed entirely. What is done depends on the particular infraction, the content of the post, and the context of the post.

Do you mean like virtually every single post in this 5 year old thread? Or one of the other threads where underage replies are virtually assured by the question? I would have more respect for you if you just admit it. I downvoted one of your comments so you decided to “get back at me” by consistently downvoting mine (far more than anyone I have ever seen) SO when my girl got pissed and downvoted a LOT of yours you looked for an excuse to suspend. But like most bullies, you didn’t expect to get called out. Plus let’s face it you can be as unfair as you want. So go ahead, deny, flex, whatever. You know what you did. I don’t expect an admission or an apology because ego won’t allow that. Just think about it and maybe think about trying to be better. Have a blessed day.

Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 12.47.47 PM.png

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, BoyStrangler said:

Do you mean like virtually every single post in this 5 year old thread? Or one of the other threads where underage replies are virtually assured by the question?

No. Here's a relevant post from that thread explaining the distinction:

On 4/22/2018 at 10:24 PM, drscorpio said:

Moderator's Note: There is a big difference between "I sucked my first cock at 11, and I don't think it did me any harm" and "I think it's okay to start a boy sucking cock at age 11." The former is totally acceptable. You discuss your own experiences in a clinical fashion without turning it into an erotic story. 
The latter is clearly advocating for sex with people who are under age and is totally against our rules. 

Please make sure your comments here sound like the former rather than the latter, or this thread will go away. 

Is that a judgment call? Yes, it is. TBH, it would be a hell of a lot easier just to remove all of those topics. We haven't done that because they're popular, people enjoy discussing these things, and it's probably helpful for a fair number of people working through their own issues.

11 minutes ago, BoyStrangler said:

I downvoted one of your comments so you decided to “get back at me” by consistently downvoting mine

I freely admit that I did that once, several months ago, when I was in a crappy mood. I later realized that I was being unfair and pissy, and went back and removed those downvotes.

If I downvoted your posts or your girl's recently, it was because I honestly thought they were crappy content. I don't think that about all of y'all's posts. But I certainly do think it about some of them.

• Upvote 2