How many people here have been bullied by one of the moderators?

BoyStrangler

An observation: As the rules change - and I'm in favor of rules changing as circumstances dictate, they're not holy scripture handed down from on high - topics and posts that once may have been acceptable might no longer be.

In reality, the topic "Best Age for Starting Sucking Cocks" probably should be nuked, period. As the moderator in question explained, it's one thing to say "I started at X age"; it's another thing to say "Boys should start at X age" when X is most definitely illegal in most jurisdictions. And the topic of the folder, as titled, really suggests the latter rather than the former.

I suspect the ONLY reason it wasn't deleted was that there are, in fact, a lot of posts of the first type (probably mostly bullshit, but I digress), and those are expressly permitted. The topic probably should have been renamed "What age did you first suck a cock?" but then there are probably half a dozen such topics already in existence because TOO MANY PEOPLE CREATE A NEW TOPIC EVERY TIME THEIR BRAIN FARTS INSTEAD OF LOOKING TO SEE IF ONE EXISTS ALREADY.

But back to the rules changing: when they change, it would be a major undertaking to go through the forums looking for everything that violates the rules (and every acceptable post that nonetheless depends on a post that violates the rules). It's just not practical for a small volunteer staff to do. So all that they CAN do, really, is enforce the rules going forward as evenly as possible (NOT taking into account that posts that violate the new rules still exist). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I usually love your spicy's Boystrangler’s posts. You say your boy did a mistake. I don’t forget the way I use it is free but let’s face it. It’s a fucking hard job to moderate a site like this one.

And a bot doesn’t do the job. 5 warning points for me and I’m ok with that. I did a mistake. Ok. So if it happens, let’s accept that moderators do mistakes sometimes too.

A no rules site can quickly become a pedos site. So no rules is not a good thing.

• Like 1

Well, after reading through some of this thread, all I can say is:

1.  I've only found the moderators helpful when I had a question. 

2.  There's exactly one person on BZ that I've "blocked" because there appears to me to be nothing but poison in his fingers.  I notice that portions of his texts are quoted, and thus visible to me, and that person is just as vitriolic today as he was before, regardless the issue.  When someone only uses it to prop up their deficit of self esteem, why even bother to engage? 

3.  This site is of value to many of us.  There are all kinds of interesting, positive, well-meaning threads to read, contribute to, learn from, see what others perspectives are, and find something useful out of the exercise.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

• Moderators
On 9/2/2022 at 1:21 PM, BoyStrangler said:

Some of you may have noticed some of the moderators really get off on throwing their weight around. The worst one being viking8x6.

I don't know if I should be hurt or relived at no longer being the worst one after years of holding the title 😜

I went back and looked at the infractions your boy was given: a blatant case of AIDS chasing, a blatant case of non-HIV bugchasing, and a full-on erotic story about underage boys. All those things are against the rules of the forum as detailed in this post:

You will note that one of the rules is against complaining about moderation in open posts. I would be well within the rules of the forum to give everyone complaining about moderation in this thread that infraction, but I am going to pass on that lest someone think it is bullying. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
17 hours ago, drscorpio said:

You will note that one of the rules is against complaining about moderation in open posts. I would be well within the rules of the forum to give everyone complaining about moderation in this thread that infraction, but I am going to pass on that lest someone think it is bullying. 

In fact, the original post of this thread was reported by a member for that infraction of the rules. I did not moderate that report, as I decided it was appropriate in this case to recuse myself. Thanks to @drscorpio for doing so.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/4/2022 at 8:00 AM, hntnhole said:

Well, after reading through some of this thread, all I can say is:

1.  I've only found the moderators helpful when I had a question. 

Note: I'm using @hntnhole's post, but my comments are more intended for and directed to the OP, @BoyStrangler

Ok, maybe I haven't been here that long, so your mileage may vary compared to my own. I've held the unenviable role of moderating other sites over time (I currently have moderation authority on another very large public forum to review reported content or TOS violations), and I can fairly state that it's actually a pretty thankless job. It's like going into work knowing that you're going to piss someone off no matter what you do. Invariably, you do the right thing for the right reasons and the site users will always want to countermand you for every decision. You don't want AI to take over this job when the job of artificial intelligence is black or white and humans can interpret the various grey shades between.

Not your circus, not your monkeys, try your hand at creating your own very similar site and see how well you do.

2.  There's exactly one person on BZ that I've "blocked" because there appears to me to be nothing but poison in his fingers.  I notice that portions of his texts are quoted, and thus visible to me, and that person is just as vitriolic today as he was before, regardless the issue.  When someone only uses it to prop up their deficit of self esteem, why even bother to engage? 

And like @hntnhole, I've had disagreements in opinion of certain people on the site, a few of whom might feel as if "they're always right, and you're always wrong". There's this wonderful function on the site that lets you force ignore all of their postings when you've had enough of it. Maybe not a bad idea to do that every so often to let things cool off, as they always will. But if that doesn't work out for you and you find yourself victimized in some way, try a hobby. Youtube has plenty of how-to videos, for instance "How to remove your own appendix", along with any number of cat videos and pimple popping. Try it out. And if you ever want to see true censorship, walk on over to Facebook sometime and meet their Ministry of Truth. That'll make this site seem like paradise.

3.  This site is of value to many of us.  There are all kinds of interesting, positive, well-meaning threads to read, contribute to, learn from, see what others perspectives are, and find something useful out of the exercise.  

Agreed wholeheartedly. Of course there will be some [banned topics] for either legal or ethical reasons. The same way that Youtube doesn't show videos on animal vivisection -- not everything is suitable for consumption. One to keep in mind.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2022 at 3:53 AM, PowerTopper said:

In one post he literally down voted every single thing @gangbangsuperstar said, even one where she said "I love cock and cum" 

@gangbangsuperstar seems to make a lot of posts talking about what a worthless, horrible, depraved, contemptible slut he is that nobody can possibly respect, etc etc etc on and on. It would seem to me that "downvoting" him should be just the kind of abuse such a person would want, no?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
On 9/8/2022 at 4:53 AM, PowerTopper said:

In one post he literally down voted every single thing @gangbangsuperstar said, even one where she said "I love cock and cum" 

I notice you edited that post. So perhaps it still doesn't say what you actually meant. Because as it reads, it makes no sense (the word "post" doesn't fit). Would you care to try again?

That has not been my experience here.  The moderator that I have had interactions with has been helpful.  He hasn't agreed with me on every situation, but that doesn't constitute bullying.

I only wish the same could be said in other forums where I post, where mods use a heavy hand in editing what members contribute.  Those Forums are not even of a sexual nature.  I can only imagine them here, their head's would explode.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2022 at 5:08 PM, viking8x6 said:

I notice you edited that post. So perhaps it still doesn't say what you actually meant. Because as it reads, it makes no sense (the word "post" doesn't fit). Would you care to try again?

He CLEARLY meant every post in a specific thread. this was such a childish comment, even by children standards. come on lady. lol 

• Downvote 1

On 9/5/2022 at 7:28 PM, drscorpio said:

I don't know if I should be hurt or relived at no longer being the worst one after years of holding the title 😜

I went back and looked at the infractions your boy was given: a blatant case of AIDS chasing, a blatant case of non-HIV bugchasing, and a full-on erotic story about underage boys. All those things are against the rules of the forum as detailed in this post:

there is a difference between complaining about moderating and complaining about someone using ones position to bully others into compliance or in this case, getting back at someone who dared slight you as mr viking. unfortunately most petty dictators don't get it.

• Downvote 1