How many people here have been bullied by one of the moderators?

BoyStrangler

7 minutes ago, AlwaysOpen said:

Practice makes perfect. For everyone-- so if you got dinged for something, suck it up and get better at posting, or posting in the correct section. And MODS are always honing and perfecting themselves, and have the same odds in life of having an off moment or day and maybe reacting in a manner that they wouldn't have an hour later or earlier. In the RawTop realm of ID , I have 11 of the merit badge things, so I have been on here more than a month or a year and have experienced all this site has been or is now. BootManLA referred to the legislation that happened 8 or 9 years ago that had a lot of sites scrambling to comply, especially if they relied on ( and wanted to be able to continue to benefit from) credit card companies for merch sales  or memberships. At the time, old posts that had gone unflagged got flagged, and a lot of people who had posted perfectly OK, permitted posts at THAT time, were hit with an infraction.  I was embarrassed when it showed up on my profile, and wrote to RawTop explaining my argument that penalties for years old posts was wrong, and if the post now was out of step, simply delete it and start fresh. He wrote back saying the points were of a type that would not affect my membership- but they bothered me, and that was what he didn't "get" at that moment. Those points eventually went away, but I think in so many cases of issues raised here, and in looking back at my own experience, the site owner and Mods have to react in real time and do not have the luxury of coming back to rethink a topic or issue. Site rules and guidelines give them the parameters of OK and not OK by and large at that second, and that's where the ruling falls. And they move on to the next problem to resolve or remove or respond to. And to that end, I again go back to the first 3 words of this post.  And what YOU may consider perfect may not be, or at least not the version of perfect of this site. 

Very well said. I'm pretty new to the site and have not had an infraction........but it is good to read balanced commentary 

On 10/4/2022 at 6:19 PM, Jimmi said:

One thing i think, and i know i risk being a brown-noser here.  (Is that a U.S. expression? In case it’s not, it means kissing arse).   It’s really admirable that this thread hasn’t been censored.  As a private website the moderators would be within their rights to shut down any conversation they didn’t like. 

On this site, kissing arse is a good thing practiced by many. 

• Piggy 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, PushMePullYou said:

As a newbie, I feel quite welcome and, to date, haven't been "bullied" by anyone. This is a free site with encouragement to support the sponsors.  I, for one, am grateful to have a space to comfortably talk about being piggy  together. I will admit I'm still trying to navigate the site better (I think there's more here than I'm taking advantage of) but I feel welcome and if I cross a line or say something out of place, I hope to be corrected so I can be a good neighbor, continuing to enjoy this great place to be myself in.

Even guys like myself who’ve been here longer can occasionally slip up. I did recently by inadvertently using a banned word. In my defence, it appears that particular word is more offensive in the US then it is here in the UK, so I used it in innocence (or ignorance, if you prefer). One of the moderators pointed out my mistake and that was that. All very mature and professionally handled. 

• Moderators
On 9/30/2022 at 4:31 PM, T-Girl-Cumdumpster said:

there is a difference between complaining about moderating and complaining about someone using ones position to bully others into compliance or in this case, getting back at someone who dared slight you as mr viking. unfortunately most petty dictators don't get it.

No really there isn't. If you feel a moderator is being unfair, your recourse is to appeal to rawTOP, the admin. Making public posts about it is against the rules. 

• Thanks 3