Why is this poz thing so exciting?

1 hour ago, viking8x6 said:

My hypothesis is that humans (some more so than others) have an innate tendency to push the boundaries of the safe and the possible. Such a trait would explain a great many things that are otherwise puzzling - the classic examples being geographical exploration beyond the bounds of the hospitable, or even the habitable - the South Pole, Everest, the Moon...

So Scott and Amundsen, Hillary and Tensing and Armstrong and Aldrin were all, in their entirely different way or ways, chasers (of something dangerous) ?

I like it.

2 hours ago, JimInWisc said:

I am at a stage in life where if I were to convert it is pretty much a dead heat that other factors will kill me before HIV.  So the motivation to avoid has declined for me.  That said, I've made it this far in life raw only and neg after all these years.  The majority of that PrEP wasn't even a thing.  Still, I am not "needing" to seroconvert either.  With a certain amount of confirmed natural immunity; combined with the fact that the only poz guys I know are undetectable I don't see the point in PrEP for me any longer.   

Poz talk during sex truly turns me on; as illogical as that is.  But I love it and on those occasions where it comes up, participate.  

That stage in life fits me too. I think that is one reason I've decided to get converted.

11 hours ago, WestPhillyGuy said:

That stage in life fits me too. I think that is one reason I've decided to get converted.

In the normal course of fucking, sure, exposure and potential seroconversion is possible.  But it is hardly a sure thing.  I don't follow the logic of friends of mine I know who use other means to get converted that are not sexual at all.  That's sort of like "deciding to get cancer" (which I already have) isn't it?  

If I were poz already I would of course be on meds.  I have enough prescriptions already; and PrEP adds to my exposure of other challenges to some of my internal organs.  Adding to that challenge no longer makes sense; largely because it is unlikely I will convert anyway.  So in that unlikely event, sure; I'll take the meds.  But meanwhile, I am not taking HIV meds to prevent something that is unlikely to begin with.  Were I in my 30's PrEP would be much more sensible.  

The poz talk though?  Fuck, as goofy as it might sound I love it!  

18 hours ago, Satyr99 said:

So Scott and Amundsen, Hillary and Tensing and Armstrong and Aldrin were all, in their entirely different way or ways, chasers (of something dangerous) ?

I like it.

Excellent point.  I suspect that is why I enjoyed auto racing so much and even, I suppose, downhill skiing.

life is a permanent risk ; you can die of illness , accident ,terrorism , ; the weather becomes totally crazy  and with war in ukraine they are risk of nuclear disaster ........ so  hiv don,t scare me so much  , i embrace the virus...... he makes me so horny ; i will have it ,sure

4 hours ago, JimInWisc said:

Excellent point.  I suspect that is why I enjoyed auto racing so much and even, I suppose, downhill skiing.

What's a good place to go uphill skiing...?  🧐😉

• Moderators
20 hours ago, BareLover666 said:

What's a good place to go uphill skiing...?  🧐😉

You can do that anywhere there's plenty of snow and not too many trees and rocks. They call it "cross country", but don't let that fool you. Your legs will tell you the truth afterward.

On 9/6/2022 at 4:44 PM, Satyr99 said:

You're not a hypocrite. Whatever your status, and whether you're on Prep or not, the notion, or fantasy, of getting pozzed is indeed a massive turn on. To the point where I've developed an HIV fetish - by which I mean a constant fantasy which makes me hugely horny and in part motivates my behaviour - though not yet to the point of stopping the Prep.

On  reflection I think that a large part of the attraction is the stories/ memoirs on this site from guys who have converted, and the effect its had on them.

I'm the opposite: always had GIFTING fantasies, since I was neg; I had dreams to be the one spreading MY strain, MY lifechanging power to other people -men, women, whoever asked me-.

I considered myself disgusting and then when I -unwillingly- got pozzed, when PrEP and U=U were not around, from disgusted my feeling switched to DANGEROUS.

I repressed that fantasy for years till I caught my current partner reading pozzing material, we had very hard times to admit our MUTUAL kinks to each other, and now here I am.

Undetectable, I can't harm anyone, and I have embraced it all!

Honestly I lost years behind questions: am I hypocrite, am I wrong, what's bad about me...

What excites me most, is not HIV itself. It's the idea to have a biological, eternal bond, with people I CHOOSE and who CHOOSE me as the person to share this bond with.

So, I said, you know what? I love writing, let me accept this fantasy as it is, it's part of my status, writing stories and poz talking in bed, is not a damage - if the partner is consenting to this role play of course.

And why not, have nasty poz talk conversations with contacts here sharing my same taste.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2022 at 11:18 AM, galanya said:

life is a permanent risk ; you can die of illness , accident ,terrorism , ; the weather becomes totally crazy  and with war in ukraine they are risk of nuclear disaster ........ so  hiv don,t scare me so much  , i embrace the virus...... he makes me so horny ; i will have it ,sure

It’s the “pull of poz” for me, it’s just too strong. I’m just starting out my chase, but I can’t wait ‘til i turn my loads of negative blanks into poz ammunition!

Edited by Vancrawman
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I like to original question. 
If I weren’t poz today I would most likely protect myself with prep. I was not a chaser but I do enjoy the chase talk. 
The fact that I survived it in the 80s with my meds is like my current day prep. 
I enjoy the it but if I had prep back then I’d probably be negative today. 

On 9/9/2022 at 1:20 PM, viking8x6 said:

You can do that anywhere there's plenty of snow and not too many trees and rocks. They call it "cross country", but don't let that fool you. Your legs will tell you the truth afterward.

Without a doubt!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 1:05 AM, PozTalkAuthor said:

What excites me most, is not HIV itself. It's the idea to have a biological, eternal bond, with people I CHOOSE and who CHOOSE me as the person to share this bond with.

That's a great way to put it. And when/if I start chasing it's what I will be looking for - a forever bond with my gifter. That's why my plan, such as it is, involves my bf.

Wanna hear something I thought was fucked up? 

I met this young guy Gustave at a leather event last weekend. He wants to get messy with me and do some gunge play. When I told him that it would probably lead to me breeding him, he insisted on condom use because he's not on Prep. 

Why was my first thought, "We need to get him positive first"??? Given that he's insistent on using protection, I don't think that's gonna be possible. And second, I haven't got it so it can't come from me. But why did I suddenly go THERE? 

Possibly an echo of an old life.

• Like 1