Does fully blown Transfer as HIV

9 hours ago, rawTOP said:

As mentioned above “Full blown” is not a medical term. I’d say it’s most commonly used for guys who have progressed to AIDS and look “AIDSy”. Most of those guys are on meds (or they’d be dead). So sex with them is actually really safe since they’re undetectable and can’t infect you. 

The most dangerous guys are guys whose last test was neg and don’t know they’re poz. Which is the opposite of “full blown”. 

Absolutely correct

The virus is at its most potent and contagious very soon after initial infection a week or 2 after and for a period of 3 to 4 weeks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Hotbtm21 said:

Hi so if I take poz cum I'd get a poz conversion..

But if I take aids cum .. then the results are ??

The same thing - a poz conversion.

AIDS is a condition, a stage in the status of being HIV-positive. It's defined as:

--being HIV-positive with a CD4+ T-cell count below a certain threshold (200 cells per cubic milliliter of blood) OR CD4+ T-cells accounting for less than 14% of all lymphocytes, AND

--one or more of several infections, known as opportunistic infections, which are generally not found in individuals unless their immune system is seriously compromised.

When a person is first infected with HIV, the level of virus particles in his system ordinarily spikes very high, but the body's own immune system, normally, brings it down considerably after the immune system learns to fight the virus. But since HIV is constantly mutating as it replicates, the human immune system is constantly under attack; in effect, the body eventually can't keep up with the changes, and the immune system gets overcome (the lowered number of T-cells). Once one of the opportunistic infections happens, the person officially has AIDS.

Being on HIV treatment interferes with the HIV particles being able to replicate, so their count remains low and the immune system isn't overwhelmed. We don't know for sure that HIV treatments will work forever - we don't have any test patients who, say, were infected at age 18 and who are now 78 and have had 70 years of treatment. But at this point, especially as new drugs that work well and have fewer side effects are developed, an optimistic outlook would be that we can, for the foreseeable future, continue to treat HIV in patients and keep them otherwise healthy for decades.

But even untreated, it takes some time (multiple years, typically) for an HIV-infected person to progress to AIDS, assuming he doesn't have other underlying health conditions that would take a toll on his immune system faster. For instance, if a person were to get infected unknowingly while undergoing cancer treatments that already suppressed his immune system, HIV might progress to AIDS very rapidly if not treated promptly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

so I’m pretty sure that no, taking loads from guys with full blown aids won’t give you full blown aids. they are just more likely to give you hiv as they tend to have much greater viral loads. but I do remember that when men first started telling me the were trying to intentionally poz me, a few guys made it seem like since they had full blown aids that they were going to infect me with aids rather than hiv. I dont know if they actually believed that or it was just extra fantasy for them to believe they were giving me aids or if they  were just trying to scare the dirty little twinky girl, but I never believed they would infect me with anything more than hiv. xo.

On 9/10/2022 at 10:40 AM, IrishKinkSlut said:

Hi ok so I probably sound really stuoid right now but i have limited intelligence anyway so I need to ask

I am neg and plan to stay that way for a while and am getting back on PrEP but have to ask a hypothetical. 

If I (or anyone) either knowingky or unknowingly had sex with someone who was fully blown. Would they get HIV like everyone else or do they automatically become fully blown. Its a question that has plagued me since I started this site and cant get a straight answer from anyone I have asked 

Hope I don't sound too thick

I had a teacher in college (university) say to me once: "There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers, so the onus is on me to make sure I give you the right answer."

So you don't sound stupid, and good on you for asking. Also, great that so many people gave you really good advice and feedback. (That's why I love this site.)

• Upvote 2

• 9 months later...
On 1/25/2023 at 10:45 PM, BootmanLA said:

But even untreated, it takes some time (multiple years, typically) for an HIV-infected person to progress to AIDS, assuming he doesn't have other underlying health conditions that would take a toll on his immune system faster. For instance, if a person were to get infected unknowingly while undergoing cancer treatments that already suppressed his immune system, HIV might progress to AIDS very rapidly if not treated promptly.

Usually it takes years, but now always. It took me about 8 months to go from HIV exposure event to AIDS diagnosis. I had no other events happen that would have compromised my immune system.

My doctor was sceptical and thought I must have been infected much earlier than what I believed, but negative tests and knowing my own sexual history made that extremely unlikely.

Before some of you thinking that the quick timing to AIDS must have to do with the strain of HIV that I have, the person from whom I caught it waited seven years between infection and when he started treatment (this was 15-20 years ago when doctors waited for CD4 levels to get low before presciption treatments started).