Who is still not on med ? And if no, because health issues ?

Poz and not on meds or Neg and not on PrEP?

I'm Neg as far as I know and not on PrEP.  Never have been, so I don't know if I'd have problems with side effects or not.  But I am not sure how I'd hide being on PrEP (bi married and not out at all) and I also worry that being on it would reduce the thrill of the risk.  I can't speak for anyone else, but those are my reasons.  Any thoughts others have about that would be interesting.

I'm assuming you are talking about people who are Poz and were on meds but stopped?  I'm also interested in hearing more.  Also interested in hearing from people who were on PrEP but quit, and why.

I assume your question is directed at HIV-positive men rather than men taking PrEP for prevention, because the answer is not going to be the same for both. If this is incorrect, you may wish to clarify.

I cannot address your question directly, as I am not only still on my ART, I have missed exactly two doses of it in eight years. So definitely not the person you’re asking about. I can tell you, however, that no one who has the Enemy Virus in his body who discontinues his antiretroviral therapy is fine. As soon as the medicine stops, the virus picks right back up where it left off destroying the immune system, and the person who stops is on a one-way, downhill slide that only ultimately ends one place if left untreated. I went there. Almost became a permanent resident.

Just because an untreated person feels fine doesn’t mean he is fine. His system is being silently destroyed from within.

Taking meds once you’re positive isn’t a personal lifestyle choice like choosing a haircut - not if you want to live. That’s the thing you need to understand about all these guys who strut around on here going on about how they’re toxic and not on meds and proud of it - they’re dead men walking, and they don’t even know it.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

On 10/10/2022 at 5:30 PM, austin_submale said:

Poz and not on meds or Neg and not on PrEP?

I'm Neg as far as I know and not on PrEP.  Never have been, so I don't know if I'd have problems with side effects or not.  But I am not sure how I'd hide being on PrEP (bi married and not out at all) and I also worry that being on it would reduce the thrill of the risk.  I can't speak for anyone else, but those are my reasons.  Any thoughts others have about that would be interesting.

I'm assuming you are talking about people who are Poz and were on meds but stopped?  I'm also interested in hearing more.  Also interested in hearing from people who were on PrEP but quit, and why.

Just curious. I’m also married and not out. 
If you are concerned about hiding being on prep, how would you hide getting pozzed. 
I was able convince my wife that I got pozzed from prostitutes. How do you plan to handle getting pozzed?

• Like 3

Just now, Bimarried001 said:

Just curious. I’m also married and not out. 
If you are concerned about hiding being on prep, how would you hide getting pozzed. 
I was able convince my wife that I got pozzed from prostitutes. How do you plan to handle getting pozzed?

I got the Covid antibody treatment when I had Covid last year and I'd say I must have got it from that I guess...

Just now, Bimarried001 said:

Sure. What about infecting her? 

Not likely to happen since we basically never have sex and if we do play around it is mostly me fingering her or using toys on her and stuff like that.  She thinks I suffer from ED, and occasionally I do, but that's why she thinks we don't have regular sex any more.

4 minutes ago, austin_submale said:

Not likely to happen since we basically never have sex and if we do play around it is mostly me fingering her or using toys on her and stuff like that.  She thinks I suffer from ED, and occasionally I do, but that's why she thinks we don't have regular sex any more.

Ok so then you’re in good shape. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 2:42 PM, ErosWired said:

I assume your question is directed at HIV-positive men rather than men taking PrEP for prevention, because the answer is not going to be the same for both. If this is incorrect, you may wish to clarify.

I cannot address your question directly, as I am not only still on my ART, I have missed exactly two doses of it in eight years. So definitely not the person you’re asking about. I can tell you, however, that no one who has the Enemy Virus in his body who discontinues his antiretroviral therapy is fine. As soon as the medicine stops, the virus picks right back up where it left off destroying the immune system, and the person who stops is on a one-way, downhill slide that only ultimately ends one place if left untreated. I went there. Almost became a permanent resident.

Just because an untreated person feels fine doesn’t mean he is fine. His system is being silently destroyed from within.

Taking meds once you’re positive isn’t a personal lifestyle choice like choosing a haircut - not if you want to live. That’s the thing you need to understand about all these guys who strut around on here going on about how they’re toxic and not on meds and proud of it - they’re dead men walking, and they don’t even know it.

Yes, totally true. I have been fucked by  6 UD guys. Asking a UD guy to stop taking their meds is like asking them if they want to commit suicide is what I was told by one guy.