A friend keeps getting a message saying 1999 is under 18

PupLucca

A friend of mine is trying to join. The site is 23 years old was born in 1999 and yet for some reason keeps getting a message saying that 1999 is under age. What’s the deal with that? Anybody else having that problem?

Edited by PupLucca
Misspelling

Might be a software glitch. When I worked in IT, I saw software that was written on top of old code and strange stuff happened.

Has he tried to change to 1998 or 2000.? He would still be legal age for the site

If that works have him, or you, report it to a moderator  or drscorpio so he knows about  it

Edited by Hotrawbutt4u
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Hotrawbutt4u said:

Might be a software glitch. When I worked in IT, I saw software that was written on top of old code and strange stuff happened.

Has he tried to change to 1998 or 2000.? He would still be legal age for the site

If that works have him, or you, report it to a moderator  or drscorpio so he knows about  it

I will let him know and see how it goes

• Upvote 1

Bad "windowing" on the date functions in the code maybe.  I worked on a lot of wacky code between 1997 and 2001 doing "Y2K remediation".  There were some truly messy implementations.  Many of which will start breaking within the next few years up until 2050 or so.  And believe it or not there is still tons of 20-30 year old code still in use.  As someone else said, lots of new systems are built on top of libraries and stuff that are sometimes built on top of old code.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, austin_submale said:

Many of which will start breaking within the next few years up until 2050 or so. 

Well, duh. Isn’t that when the Aztec calendar comes round full circle to the sign of Camazotz, coinciding with the start of the Kali Yurga and the perfect conjuction of the Sun and Mars with Planet Nibiru over a giant crop circle in South Dakota at the base of a landing strip for the Fourth Horse of the Apocalypse carrying the Whore of Babylon?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ErosWired said:

Well, duh. Isn’t that when the Aztec calendar comes round full circle to the sign of Camazotz, coinciding with the start of the Kali Yurga and the perfect conjuction of the Sun and Mars with Planet Nibiru over a giant crop circle in South Dakota at the base of a landing strip for the Fourth Horse of the Apocalypse carrying the Whore of Babylon?

I don't know about all that...  but the way things are if I'm not dead I will probably still be working in 2050.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.