Gonorrhoea & chlamydia - how bad are they, really?

I’m not advocating at all for those infections. 

I am however interested in understanding how bad they are really for a gay man? While straight men and women may develop infertility, this is not a concern for me at all. 

so, what negative or lasting outcome would an untreated gon/chlam infection have? Any educated advice?

1 hour ago, BigPaleBottom said:

I’m not advocating at all for those infections. 

I am however interested in understanding how bad they are really for a gay man? While straight men and women may develop infertility, this is not a concern for me at all. 

so, what negative or lasting outcome would an untreated gon/chlam infection have? Any educated advice?

Your cock would turn purple, shrivel up and drop off. Otherwise you'd hardly notice it

• Haha 4

One of the worst things to come out of religion as an archaic holdover in the Age of Science is the moralizing of infectious disease. While no infection is desirable, they cannot be avoided. In football, you risk pulled muscles, broken bones, and the occasional concussion. In the sport of sex, the risk is sexual infections. As infections go, neither gonorrhea or chlamydia are a big deal in that we have antibiotics. BUT, bacterial mutation has presented a challenge in treating some infections, sexual and non-sexual. In the sex world, gonorrhea is the big challenge and rated by the WHO as one of the three big infections of concern (c. diff and shigella form of typhoid are the other two). Why? Since 1995, gonorrhea has evolved so much that it is resistant to practically every antibiotic and currently requires two antibiotics to treat it (ceftriaxone injection and azithromycin (or doxycycline)). In 1995, just about anything would kill it. By contrast, syphilis is pretty much unchanged and still dies from the penicillin B shot. One of the few good things to come out of the AIDS epidemic is that for gays it de-stigmatized "getting tested" and made us, as a group, almost religious about it. Because of that, I can have sex with well over 400 guys  year every year and get only  1 or 2 STI's in a year (an infection rate of 0.25% to 0.5% of 400 partners, even less as the partner count climbs).  Or put another way, if monkey pox had been a general population infection it would be out of control right now. But we were lucky, it struck in the gay community first and we all went and dutifully got our vaccines and helped each other in the USA FIND vaccine locations in the face of an inept government and CDC response. Consequently, the infection rate has plummeted, and by New Years should be non-existent. Were it to have occurred instead in the general population, based off how Covid went, it would be spreading all over the place while they fought over vaccination rights, effectiveness, conspiracy theories and so on. 

As for negative outcomes on not getting them treated. Top of the list is the fact you are spreading the infection to others and that contributes to spread and resistance issues. To your own person there are long term effects. Chlamydia, for instance, is an known as an STI in the West. In underdeveloped countries where its treatment is rare, chlamydia is the number one cause of blindness, via deposits building up in the ridge of the eyelid, which in turn causes the eyelashes to turn inward and start brushing and scraping the lens of the eye. Not something I recommend. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

The problem with getting gono or syhphilis multiple times is you can become resistant to the medications available.  Syphilis is at epidemic rates in the area I live in and my doctor has warned me that I might become resistant to medication if I keep getting infected over and over.  The problem with syphilis is that it is so easily transmissible and you don't have to even cum or have someone cum inside you.  Just skin on skin contact can do it.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BigPaleBottom said:

Ah ok, so what you’re saying is that it wouldn’t affect my sex life at all ?

From what I've heard from most people who have had these two STDs is it will negatively affect your sex life because of the discomfort.  Itching, burning and pain are generally mood killers...

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Gohandsome said:

I had clamydia many times but never felt anything bad. So far if the cock is thick, even yellow my cunt don’t think twice and just go for it… what can I do, I’m a whore!

I just googled it...  I wasn't aware that asymptomatic chlamydia was a thing.  I've never had it (as far as I know) and everyone I know who has apparently had symptoms similar to gonorrhea.  Anyway...  anyone who has questions about it, that's what I'd recommend...  google it and read a few articles from respected places and see what they say.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, austin_submale said:

I wasn't aware that asymptomatic chlamydia was a thing.

Chlamydia is notorious for having very subtle symptoms, or none at all, especially in females or in locations other than urethral. I've had it a number of times and barely noticed.

This is actually one reason for its prevalence - a lot of people are running around with it and don't realize they have anything, so they don't get treated. TEST REGULARLY!

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, viking8x6 said:

Chlamydia is notorious for having very subtle symptoms, or none at all, especially in females or in locations other than urethral. I've had it a number of times and barely noticed.

This is actually one reason for its prevalence - a lot of people are running around with it and don't realize they have anything, so they don't get treated. TEST REGULARLY!

Learn something new every day around here I guess!

All these replies, and nobody answered the question. Guys, the internet is your friend. The CDC has Fact Sheets for all these STDs that specifically answer the question of what happens if you go untreated.

Gono: Epedidimytis, painful, possible infertility. It can spread to your blood and joints, causing arthritis, and possibly death. Increased susceptibility to HIV.

[think before following links] https://www.cdc.gov/std/gonorrhea/stdfact-gonorrhea-detailed.htm

Chlamydia: Reactive arthritis, sometimes along with urethritis and conjunctivitis. Increased susceptibility to HIV.

[think before following links] https://www.cdc.gov/std/chlamydia/stdfact-chlamydia-detailed.htm

Syphilis: Untreated Syphilis progresses in stages and can persist in the body for decades, into the Latent and Tertiary stages. It might not ever get out of the Latent stage, and you might not experience symptoms other than increased susceptibility to HIV (starting to detect a pattern?) But s subset of people in the Latent stage progress to Tertiary, and if you do, Syphilis can fuck you up, or just straight up kill you. There’s a damn list of ways it can make life a nightmare.

[think before following links] https://www.cdc.gov/std/syphilis/stdfact-syphilis-detailed.htm

Had ‘em all. Some more than once. Got ‘em all treated immediately.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, ellentonboy said:

The problem with getting gono or syhphilis multiple times is you can become resistant to the medications available.

That’s not how it works. The host doesn’t become resistant to the medication, it’s the disease strain that’s resistant, and the bug that’s resistant is already resistant before it enters the host. Getting infected multiple times means you have more chances to draw the short straw and pick up a resistant strain, but it doesn’t change your body in some way that makes medicine ineffective.

Going untreated and walking around like a human petri dish does, however, allow the colonies of bacteria or viruses to multiply at will, creating an environment for the generation of mutation strains that may have resistant qualities. This is especially so in people who start treatment but are inconsistent with it or do not complete it, allowing the pathogens that survive exposure to the medication to reproduce. That means the bugs better equipped to shake off the meds pass on those qualities. That’s why it’s particularly important for people on ART to be meds-compliant.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 8