Image file size in gallery

chaserslut

Hi, I tried to ask members but haven't succeeded so far, but this 250kb file size limit for the gallery is preventing me from uploading proper images of me.

Does this increase with account status? Some of the images from others are clearly higher than this.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wish I could post a pic of the dick that just fucked me but because it’s not a postage stamp sized grainy tiny file, I can’t. 

RawTop, can we get bigger picture sized files on here?  It’s 2023.  This is ridiculous. It’s like dial-up internet. 

love you. 

I'm trying to add a picture in a reply on a post and I'm allowed the max size of 2.64kB. I remember spending almost an entire weekend trying to download a hyper pixelated dick pic that looked close enough to real to blow a load to... But those were even a couple hundred kB. 

Is there a way to increase this pls? 

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, ReluctantSlut said:

None of the staff ever got back to me about this.

I spent weeks trying to power my way through all the restrictions here and rank up but pretty much gave up now.

Lost interest.

And yet you still have enough interest to come here just to bitch?

I haven't answered your questions because I do not know the answers. Technical questions like this have to be answered by the admin, rawTOP. 

1 minute ago, drscorpio said:

And yet you still have enough interest to come here just to bitch?

I haven't answered your questions because I do not know the answers. Technical questions like this have to be answered by the admin, rawTOP. 

I got an email notification for the replies, just like this one.

I still like the site I just wish it wasn't so restrictive.

• Moderators

My understanding is that pic uploads to the Galleries have a flat size limit per pic, and you can upload all you want.

Pic uploads attached to your personal posts have a separate, total limit for all your pics. If you upload many pics attached to individual posts, you will run into this limit. The solution is to delete some older ones that are no longer relevant, or to repost ones of general interest into the Gallery, and then delete them from the attachments. To manage your attached images, use the "My Attachments" option (right below "Profile") from the pull-down menu on your avatar/screen name at the upper left of the home page.

• Like 2

I know it's frustrated the hell out of me!  Pretty much every pic I've tried to post has been over the size limit!

This is what I get 

1 file would exceed the total allowed size of 4.307kB, and was skipped. 

I'm not.a tech geek so don't know how large those really is, but it's a simple photo taken on my phone!

• Confused 1

Unfortunately phone pics tend to be huge. I know I have had issues with that. They are even more of an issue with vids as most carriers have limits, dosent matter if it is thi web site or others. It comes down to space issue for pics and for vids an issue for viewing, to large and they will have instance where they stop and need buffering. 

Most current phones have editing software included for pics so yiu can crop.them and resize them on the fly

Hope this helps

• Like 1

The thing to remember about the data size of a digital image is that it relies on three factors: 1) The dimensions of the image in pixels; 2) The resolution of the image in pixels per inch (ppi) - standard for web viewing is either 72ppi or 96ppi; and 3) File format - you want to use a compressed or optimized format like JPG, or WEBP (not sure if BZ supports WEBP at this time, though), and the image quality selected for the compression.

Generally, there’s no need to exceed dimensions of 1024x768 px, with a resolution of 72ppi, saved in JPG format. You can usually get away with smaller dimensions, such as 800x600px.

For an image 800x600px at 72ppi, if you save it in an uncompressed format like TIF or BMP, the resulting file size will be about 1.44mb. The same image saved as a JPG with quality set to 100% will come out at 96kb; if you drop the quality to 90%, the filesize will be around 48kb, or 33% of the uncompressed size. For web viewing, you can easily drop the quality to 70% with no appreciable loss in visual fidelity, and from there down, you can go even lower depending on how much visual sharpness you’re willing to sacrifice.

These figures are for 24-bit true color photos; if you save your images in grayscale (monochrome) the file sizes can drop by half or more.

Smartphones don’t usually optimize their camera images when taken, and the images can be unnecessarily large for screen use, so you’ll generally need to optimize them first. I use Photoshop, but that’s a professional-level software that’s overkill fir this purpose. I’m sure there ate apps out there designed just for making images web-ready.

For those running into limits at sizes like 4.307kb, that sounds like you’re in a situation where you’ve attached images directly to posts and have filled up the fixed quota we all have for direct attachments. No one sets an arbitrary and specific limit like that, so it must be s result of adding up the total file size of all prior attachments and subtracting it from your quota. The only solution here is to remove prior attachments to make room.

The preferred alternative is to upload your images to a gallery on the site and then provide a link to the gallery image in the post, rather than attaching it directly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.