WTAF is up with some guys!

Loveitraw

What you encounter is not unusual. For me 9 out of 10 guys on online hook up site are mainly flakes.

The amount of time I've encountered guys when they message me to arrange for a meet and the last minute just block me when I'm at their place. Just happened to me again yesterday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gayasian said:

What you encounter is not unusual. For me 9 out of 10 guys on online hook up site are mainly flakes.

The amount of time I've encountered guys when they message me to arrange for a meet and the last minute just block me when I'm at their place. Just happened to me again yesterday.

You speak the truth. The trouble is the 1 out of 10 might be a marvellous shag. And that’s allure that keeps us going… 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

Mostly, i think it's the venue: "online."

I think this is completely spot on.  The rest of the post is too.  There's a bit of a "divide" in those of us pre-universal use of electronic communications, and post.  Frankly, I remember when Al Gore claimed to have "invented" the internet.  

While I'm at it, what's the "A" for in WTF?  WTF = what the fuck, so what's the "A" stand for?  

Standing firmly rooted in the past, I remain VTY. 😄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hntnhole said:

I think this is completely spot on.  The rest of the post is too.  There's a bit of a "divide" in those of us pre-universal use of electronic communications, and post.  Frankly, I remember when Al Gore claimed to have "invented" the internet.  

While I'm at it, what's the "A" for in WTF?  WTF = what the fuck, so what's the "A" stand for?  

Standing firmly rooted in the past, I remain VTY. 😄

guessing WTAF= What the actual fuck?

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 7:41 PM, BBArchangel said:

My list of pet peeves seems to grow longer every year or so. At first it was just the lack of a profile picture. On my profiles I say plainly “no pic, no chat.” But still the little rodents persist. Secondly, not filling out a profile at all.
 Thirdly, hitting me up for conversation when they’re 1000 or 3000 or 4000 miles away. What the fuck is up with that? I’m looking for a hook up not a goddamn penpal.
And fourthly, the newest craze with potential hook ups, asking you to reimburse them for gas money if they come to you. And these aren’t always kids and starving students. Just last night someone hit me up on A4A. Things looked kind of promising until this dude who is only 3 miles away and 34 years old asked me to reimburse his gas. Fuck that!

Couldn't have said it better myself!  I rarely get on the aps at home.  Instead use them when traveling.  While traveling, you are a fresh piece of meat!  If you hook up and it wasn't great for either, it's a one and done.  If it was good, they will come back for more!

The local guys are always tye same ones online, and on multiple sites.  At times with different pics and names, but mostly the same pics and info.  By hooking up locally, you run the risk that the guy can become "clingy" after the first time.  That can be either good or bad though.  I've found most that weren't the best in bed to be the clingy types though.  I still try and treat them with some respect, unless they were a really bad lay.  Even a bad fuck is better than no fuck when having a dry spell!

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 4:41 PM, BBArchangel said:

My list of pet peeves seems to grow longer every year or so. At first it was just the lack of a profile picture. On my profiles I say plainly “no pic, no chat.” But still the little rodents persist. Secondly, not filling out a profile at all.
 Thirdly, hitting me up for conversation when they’re 1000 or 3000 or 4000 miles away. What the fuck is up with that? I’m looking for a hook up not a goddamn penpal.
And fourthly, the newest craze with potential hook ups, asking you to reimburse them for gas money if they come to you. And these aren’t always kids and starving students. Just last night someone hit me up on A4A. Things looked kind of promising until this dude who is only 3 miles away and 34 years old asked me to reimburse his gas. Fuck that!

LMAO, yeah, sigh.  i think some of the guys who ask for "reimbursement for gas" are homeless and don't even have a car. i have experience where a homeless guy was using hook up aps to find a place to crash overnght. He let it slip that he needed a decision before a certain time because that's when the shelter locked it's doors for the night.

Re contacting someone 1000 miles away, depends on the venue.  Some sites are obviously hook up, others are dating or meeting sites.  i'm surprised when i see profiles of guys on a hook up site saying they are not looking for a hook up, but for "the love of their life" or "ltr." i guess a few of those are naive, but legit, mostly that just screams "SCAMMER ALERT" to me.  On the other hand, i see the opposite where guys ramped up on testosterone will use a dating or meeting site for hook ups and treat guys looking for relationship like they stepped off another planet or are asexual, which in the gay world is tantamount to having the plague. i think the essential social policy should be: "When in Rome...."  vs taking our own ethnocentricity and applying it universally. A hard call sometimes because the lines are not always clear. 

• Like 1

This couple sent me a wink on fab earlier, I thought great, both in my age range, both vers, maybe I'll get a cheeky spit roast out of this.

I sent them a message and they'be been online several times since and no reply.

I don't get it, why wink me then?!

22 minutes ago, ReluctantSlut said:

This couple sent me a wink on fab earlier, I thought great, both in my age range, both vers, maybe I'll get a cheeky spit roast out of this.

I sent them a message and they'be been online several times since and no reply.

I don't get it, why wink me then?!

Maybe they're Buddhist and living in the moment, and that moment passed? 

Seriously though, i hear you. Online enables invisibility and removes a lot of social accountability that has evolved over time.  Online interaction is an 'interesting' element of social evolution. i think the invisibility and  lack of accountability serve to expose a persons true substance, or lack of the same. i think it's always been true that our real self is the person we are when no one is looking. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tighthole64 said:

Maybe they're Buddhist and living in the moment, and that moment passed?

They do often wear robes, but at least they don't wear long fancy dresses and bottom it off with ruby slippers too !!!  I don't think they ever peddled indulgences either ..... 

3 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

i think the invisibility and  lack of accountability serve to expose a persons true substance, or lack of the same.

I couldn't agree more.  We have to live with ourselves, what we do, how we treat others, all of that.  As long as we're doing our best to set some standards for ourselves, and then try to live up to them, we're doing all that can be expected.  

On 12/17/2022 at 4:41 PM, BBArchangel said:

Lol. Yup. 10x worse in LA.