HIV infection odds for a cut total top after one single potential exposure?

tonio

Hey guys,

On November 11 I had unprotected insertive anal sex with a TS sex worker.
I did NOT ejaculated inside her anus. I have no STIs.
I AM circumcised. It ended up in insertive oral sex. I came in her mouth. I immediately peed and washed my penis with soft soap afterwards.

I went to the ER after 24 hours. Given that it was a one-time encounter, that I was circumcised and insertive only, that I did not come inside her, and that I had no other STIs (and only intact circumcised skin, without any abrasions, cuts, or ulcerations), the guy at the ER did not necessarily recommend PEP because the risk was "quite low". But he told me never to do it again, especially as the contact came from a high-risk HIV indivdual (whose status was unknown), as the risks can add up over time, and that this was NOT a zero risk situation but a low risk which did not automatically mandate PEP as they usually prescribe PEP only when massive risks have been taken: 1) receptive anal sex, 2) insertive anal sex with an uncircumcised and/or already ulcerated penis or when the source is proven to be HIV-positive.

6 weeks after, what would be the symptoms of seroconversion? I've always had a whitish tongue (even before that event, and it's 100% sure I was HIV-negative before it) but I don't know if that could be linked.

Just one question: in this website, have you ever come across a cut total top who got pozzed after only one unprotected encounter?

Edited by tonio

• tonio changed the title to HIV infection odds for a cut total top after one single potential exposure?

Hello and thanks for your answer!

I came to this website because you guys have a down-to-earth approach to these kind of things, and are not alarmists like most mainstream HIV forums.

You guys know better than anyone else what it gets to become infected so I was looking for genuine answers of people who know what they are talking about.

From what I understood, yeah my risk is quite low. But I would like to stay neg after all.

As a cut total top (circumcised total top), I don't think I really need PrEP. I will stick to lubrication and condoms.

What are the odds of a cut total top who always uses lubricated condoms during intercourse to become pozzed in his lifetime?

Edited by tonio

I don't think whether you cum or not has much of anything to do with your likelihood of infection.  If you were infected and cum inside someone it would increase their chances, but not the other way around.

I'm not a doctor or a real scientist, but as I understand it, if you only top which has much lower odds of HIV infection than bottoms, and you always use a condom, your chances of getting pozzed are extremely low.  If you want to further reduce it you could go on PrEP.  And even if somehow you were to be infected, it isn't a virtually automatic death sentence within a few years like it once was.  With current meds there are lots of people who have been Poz for 30+ years and are still in relatively good health.  In fact, for a lot of them it is not likely that they'll ever develop AIDS or die from anything related to HIV.  More likely they'll go in their time by one of the more common ways - heart disease, cancer or accidental demise.

Anyway...  I wouldn't let it get me too worried.

Thanks Austin. Well I would like to avoid taking medications, that's why I was asking if water-based lubricants + condoms were enough if you only top (100% of the time, NO exceptions) and you're circumcised. Is the risk to get HIV is marginal in these conditions? (like less than 1% in a 10-year period?). HIV is not the common cold, even if it is manageable you still have to take medications everyday. Maybe in 10 years... we'll see! Haha.

I don't give oral sex in the sense that I never let my face come into contact with blood/sexual fluids.

The only unprotected sex act is when I receive oral sex.

All of my risky hookups are sex workers (mostly TS sex workers but also women), and I have about 15-20 encounters per year, tops.

Edited by tonio

15 hours ago, tonio said:

Hey guys,

On November 11 I had unprotected insertive anal sex with a TS sex worker.
Just one question: in this website, have you ever come across a cut total top who got pozzed after only one unprotected encounter?

I have heard of people who claimed that but I haven't personally known any.

As for the chances of contracting HIV from a single exposure: the CDC says 1 chance out of 909 - so the probability is  0.11%.

[think before following links] https://hivrisk.cdc.gov/about-the-data/

2 minutes ago, fuckholedc said:

As for the chances of contracting HIV from a single exposure: the CDC says 1 chance out of 909 - so the probability is  0.11%.

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://hivrisk.cdc.gov/about-the-data/

So with 20 encounters per year this brings the probability of HIV infection to 2.2% in one year: (1 - 0.0011)**20 = .97823 (so the probability of 2.2% is (1-.97823)*100 = 2.177%)

12 hours ago, fuckholedc said:

So with 20 encounters per year this brings the probability of HIV infection to 2.2% in one year: (1 - 0.0011)**20 = .97823 (so the probability of 2.2% is (1-.97823)*100 = 2.177%)

Thanks. But I will take a pass lol. This one-time unprotected encounter was only ONE TIME. All my subsequent encounters were using condoms, and for additional safety, I plan to always carry at least 4 condoms and a small bottle of lube in my pocket. 2.2% a year is way too much of a risk. Guess us total tops aren't ready to ditch condoms and lube until at least 2030 and the vaccine promised by Bill Gates.

Edited by tonio

20 hours ago, Bimarried001 said:

It sounds to me like you want a reason to take risk. 
it’s very simple. Fuck raw you take a risk. Even if it’s low. 

I really don't. This was a one-time mistake. Believe it or not, uncurable diseases are not what most people want, even on that website.

Lube and condoms are a must for tops. Lube, condoms AND PrEP are a must for bottoms. That's as simple as that.

14 hours ago, fuckholedc said:

[think before following links] [think before following links] [think before following links] https://hivrisk.cdc.gov/about-the-data/

Thats funny though... according to this website, receptive anal sex WITH a condom is still 4 TIMES MORE DANGEROUS than insertive anal sex WITHOUT a condom.

No wonder why in the western world it's mostly receptive sex which allowed for the transmission of the virus.

Edited by tonio

2 hours ago, tonio said:

I really don't. This was a one-time mistake. Believe it or not, uncurable diseases are not what most people want, even on that website.

Lube and condoms are a must for tops. Lube, condoms AND PrEP are a must for bottoms. That's as simple as that.

Based on that answer it sounds like your problem is solved. Good luck. 

• Upvote 1