This weekend

AirmaxUK

So… Train strikes this weekend and engineering work resulting in Marylebone being closed have scuppered my plans for the weekend, 

Any suggestions for some epic BB fun outside the capital this weekend?

I thought the rail strikes were only today and Friday this week.

Not sure where in Bucks you need to get from but looking at Sunday from High Wycombe for example, instead of Marylebone the trains are going into Liverpool Street.

Hope that helps?

Edited by RawUK

20 minutes ago, RawUK said:

I thought the rail strikes were only today and Friday this week.

Not sure where in Bucks you need to get from but looking at Sunday from High Wycombe for example, instead of Marylebone the trains are going into Liverpool Street.

Hope that helps?

Chiltern rail says trains from Wycombe are only going to Ruislip. TFL suggests a 2h21 bus journey to get from there to Kings Cross on Sunday. 

Some outside London suggestions would be welcomed as a change of scenery is always nice.  

Ah ok, the National Rail site I checked wasn't as clear. That's a pain as I know you love to visit a certain club in the area on a Sunday every so often 🙂

I was there for the first time since it reopened Sunday 22nd January, had a great time so hoping to go again this week.

How about the Greenhouse in Luton, can you get there? I've only been once and that was on a Monday shortly after one of the lockdowns so it wasn't that busy, but sure things have picked up now. Although it was quiet when I went, I liked the layout, so the potential could be good. 

On 2/2/2023 at 4:16 PM, AirmaxAndy said:

Looks like it's going to be a trip to Sheffield for CumUnion at the Boiler Room and an overnight stop nearby.

Anyone want to say hi in-person or meet, DM me.

Okay - it wasn’t worth the trip for CumUnion. It wasn’t very cumunion at all: the slings laid empty and there was a helluva lot of pacing and not much action. The sauna has a really warm jacuzzi when most of the others are turning the heat down because of energy costs. The staff were more interested in their phones than customers.

Fortunately it wasn’t a totally wasted trip… unusually Grindr came up trumps at my overnight hotel…