Are Democrats ashamed of Michael Dukakis?

highcountrybb

4 hours ago, evilqueerpig said:

How about Nixon?

Since we're closing the history gap .... (ya'all know where I'm going, right?) .... how about uttermost embarrassment over Orange Jesus ???  No need to reach so far in the past.  Or, DullSantiX could fit the bill ... or the Blabberer of the House, for that matter.  Marjorie Trailer GreeneTrash comes to mind, briefly.  And that recently-elected queen whose entire life appears to be one big fat lie .... the mind boggles.  

• Like 2

Just now, hntnhole said:

Since we're closing the history gap .... (ya'all know where I'm going, right?) .... how about uttermost embarrassment over Orange Jesus ???  No need to reach so far in the past.  Or, DullSantiX could fit the bill ... or the Blabberer of the House, for that matter.  Marjorie Trailer GreeneTrash comes to mind, briefly.  And that recently-elected queen whose entire life appears to be one big fat lie .... the mind boggles.  

That's only scratching the surface for a Repug Hall of Shame.

• Haha 2

I’m proud to have voted for Dukakis. And yes, a lot of us Dems thought he could win. He definitely made a couple of mistakes in campaign - the tank ad and the debate answer on capital punishment. But the Lee Atwater and the GHWB campaign started a nasty trend in modern presidential campaigns with the Horton ads. 

• Like 2

It is too soon for me to hold opinions about who "might" jump into the R race.  For that matter, too soon to see what other names might jump in to the D race.  This is the evolution of the next 18 months.  

There are only two (potential) candidates we as a society have a good amount of knowledge.  Trump and Biden.  Trump is clearly bending authoritan; something which we all have plenty of good solid evidence based upon his own words.  Biden certainly displays finesse in dialogue.  Both men stumble in their speech.  And while they might have good speech writers, I think we need to "elect" those speech writers (or those providing speech direction) and wish them a comfortable retirement. 

I agree with Nikki Haley that it is time for a generational change.  There are observable social and physical changes under way.  Our ability to produce crops sufficient to feed humanity is diminishing not only as our climate evolves with all the old storms and drought.  Our world leaders are clearly anxious for change.  All nations are grappling with droughts and floods.  And so the human land grab seems upon us.  

We could sit back and go nuts at the baths and not think about the trajectory of our species; and ultimately humans die off as other species on this planet have.  Or we could let current forces unfold unquestioned and unchecked, and experience massive die off as parts of humanity die off from any of the warring and geological events which are happening more often and with increasing severity.  

For myself?  I might have 20 years left.  No one is gonna utter reading my obiturary "he was so young"....  I think though that our best evolutions as humans have come when we recognized our challenges and took action to mitigate the worst outcomes.