Chlamydia transmission

If you have rectal chlamydia, it most definitely can be spread by sex, period. You could spread it topping, or to another top by bottoming for him while you have an active infection. 

The good news is that it's usually treatable and it doesn't take that long (usually a week) to clear up. Ask the medical professional who provides your treatment for the infection how long you should avoid sex to be sure, as some antibiotics take longer than others to completely clear the infection.

2 hours ago, Liverpool said:

I tested positive for rectal chlamydia. Did all of the other swabs but nothing. Can it still be transmitted through my cum for example or just by bottoming?

In women who get a vaginal chlamydia infection, a subsequent rectal infection sometimes occurs due to secretions passing between the two orifices. Studies suggest that the incidence of rectal-to-urethral coinfection in men is less common. That is to say, not impossible, but not guaranteed.

Chlamydia does not infect the reproductive tract via an internal route from the rectum to the urethra; it would have to make the transition between orifices. This can occur manually - our hands go lots of places. One common complication of chlamydia is a conjunctival coinfection, where the infection is transferred to the eye by a contaminated hand.

Your rectal chlamydia isn’t automatically going to infect your cum from the inside of you and shoot into someone you fuck. The risk, rather, is that you will secrete infected fluid from your rectum in the course of sex, it gets on your cock, and you then insert it into your partner. Sex, as you may have noticed, is messy.

The treatment for chlamydia is simple and of relatively short duration. Get it dealt with, abstain for the brief time required to be safe, and then get back in the saddle.

• Upvote 6

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2023 at 12:29 PM, ErosWired said:

The treatment for chlamydia is simple and of relatively short duration. Get it dealt with, abstain for the brief time required to be safe, and then get back in the saddle.

This is great advice. It's worth adding that after that brief break, you'll be especially horny - and set for some great recovery sex!

• 2 months later...
On 3/10/2023 at 1:40 AM, BootmanLA said:

If you have rectal chlamydia, it most definitely can be spread by sex, period. You could spread it topping, or to another top by bottoming for him while you have an active infection. 

My doctor told me i could not pass anal Chlamydia to other ones because of topping, BUT it is possible when the anus comes in contact with someones dick or cunt. but when that don't happend, a transmission is impossible through my cock or cum. because the infection is not there but in my rectrum

On 7/28/2023 at 2:58 AM, Kimberley said:

My doctor told me i could not pass anal Chlamydia to other ones because of topping, BUT it is possible when the anus comes in contact with someones dick or cunt. but when that don't happend, a transmission is impossible through my cock or cum. because the infection is not there but in my rectrum

I'm not going to say your doctor is incorrect, but anything that comes in contact with a chlamydia-infected orifice - not just a penis, but a tongue, or whatever - can spread the infection if it's active. So, for instance, if a man fingers your hole while you have an active rectal chlamydia outbreak, and immediately after touches his cock (say, to jack off), it can spread that way, too. And if he grabs YOUR cock while his hands have the bacteria on them, it's possible to get it in your cock as well as the infection in your rectum you already have.

Bottom line: sexual contact, of any sort, during an active outbreak is strongly discouraged if you don't want to spread it. 

• Upvote 1