Have CumUnion Parties lost there appeal where you live?

NWUSHorny

11 minutes ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

@NWUSHorny, I thought you were moving out of the PNW region. I do enjoy reading your often humorous posts about the no-fuck culture that exists there, but wasn’t that one of the reasons you were considering a move?

It is why I'm considering a move. I'm hoping to move this year, still trying to work through the details, including where to move.

I'd rather post about things I'm actually doing.

The local bathhouse hosts blackout nights. The local sex club has a dark room and individual booths/rooms. Renting a hotel room for an evening and putting it out there is another option. And then of course being able to host always increases your load count. There's cock and loads everywhere. Anywhere. Anytime of the year. CumUnion isn't even on my radar. 

Edited by CumdumpDad

So I checked - CumUnion is tomorrow night, and there are 56 signed up.  Not the best number ever, but it'll do - but then, Slammer is so much closer - that place will be packed.  It's been cool weather here, which tamps down the Lust for outdoor Breeding, but warmer today, and tomorrow we're supposed to be back to the low-mid 80's. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I wound up with a last minute work project last night, so I don't know how many were actually there. Probably just as well, since it was a warm sunny day which always makes me horny, so it always feels like it has the opposite effect on most local guys.

After the last 6 months, I'm trying to get my mind around having something like this happening in Portland 

I know the year after things reopened after COVID was by far the best year of sex I've enjoyed in the 16 years I have lived here in Portland, things may not be completely back to the no fuck norm but it is getting closer all the time.

I can't imagine it happening now, but I trust the author of this post🤣 Last night was also a glow bracelet party, I would guess 2/3rds of the men last night chose purple for I don't fuck in any position or suck, and most of the rest chose orange for oral only. There was definitely a lot less fucking than 10 months ago. Last night was pretty much the same as this post from almost 10 years ago 

Edited by NWUSHorny

• 2 months later...

Anecdotally, but every sex party I've been to since the pandemic has been ass compared to prepandemic parties, and I live in bay area.

Granted, we've only done a small few, so maybe we're hitting all duds. But it used to be no duds. Since we've felt comfortable doing parties like this again we've done two cumunions (one at folsom), one pighaus and one other party during folsom (to be fair, we probably just didn't have an "in" on the good parties for folsom like we did on previous years).

At every single one, 80% of the people just don't fuck. The rest only lightly play around or stick with a single person. The crowds are also half as dense. Usually I'll get one guy that's interested in me most of the night and then a couple of other people here or there. Throngs of bottoms just sitting ass up in slings, benches and couches and nobody really biting. I go with a buddy to try an be a wingman and we literally have to force a guy who happens to be hard nearby to get in there and he'll go "oh ok!" and do it. Wtf?

GOD I miss Truck. And old cumunions. They had twice as many people, dark rooms were shoulder to shoulder and at least half the crowd was fucking or actively hunting. IDK what's changed but the appetite just feels gone, even during Folsom (though again - that could have just been we didn't get invited to the truly good parties).

I wonder if the rise of things like Sniffies has had an impact. Maybe the true sluts just went to the new hotness app and never found a reason to go to the parties again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lycis said:

Anecdotally, but every sex party I've been to since the pandemic has been ass compared to prepandemic parties, and I live in bay area.

Granted, we've only done a small few, so maybe we're hitting all duds. But it used to be no duds. Since we've felt comfortable doing parties like this again we've done two cumunions (one at folsom), one pighaus and one other party during folsom (to be fair, we probably just didn't have an "in" on the good parties for folsom like we did on previous years).

At every single one, 80% of the people just don't fuck. The rest only lightly play around or stick with a single person. The crowds are also half as dense. Usually I'll get one guy that's interested in me most of the night and then a couple of other people here or there. Throngs of bottoms just sitting ass up in slings, benches and couches and nobody really biting. I go with a buddy to try an be a wingman and we literally have to force a guy who happens to be hard nearby to get in there and he'll go "oh ok!" and do it. Wtf?

GOD I miss Truck. And old cumunions. They had twice as many people, dark rooms were shoulder to shoulder and at least half the crowd was fucking or actively hunting. IDK what's changed but the appetite just feels gone, even during Folsom (though again - that could have just been we didn't get invited to the truly good parties).

I wonder if the rise of things like Sniffies has had an impact. Maybe the true sluts just went to the new hotness app and never found a reason to go to the parties again.

I've been to CumUnions in several cities since the end of COVID, with varied success. The 1st post COVID CumUnion and 1st ever at Steam Portland was in the top 5 best ever for Portland, but all that I have been to since were pretty much complete blue ball fests (I was out of town fucking my brains out the night of the 1st post CumUnion at Hawks PDX, so I have no idea whether it was good but the more recent ones have been more blue ball fests than they were prior). First post COVID (and only post one I've attended there) CumUnion party at Steamworks in Seattle was a complete blue ball fest and the best one I've been to there. LAX Sanctuary (I've only made it to 1 post COVID party)slightly below average by pre COVID standards still a lot more fucking than at really good CumUnion in Portland or Seattle. CCBC in Palm Springs slightly above the pre COVID average (but I've only been to 1 post COVID), I had a lot of fun.

Sniffles is worthless here unless you want to video chat or are looking for a platonic cuddle buddy.

Edited by NWUSHorny
  • Like 1

The CumUnion party is my city Is a disgrace to the name. The club promotes it to bring guys out, but it’s the same guys standing around waiting on perfection. Very little fucking. And when guys do fuck, people gathering around giggling and pointing like a bunch of school girls.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, BlackDude said:

The CumUnion party is my city Is a disgrace to the name. The club promotes it to bring guys out, but it’s the same guys standing around waiting on perfection. Very little fucking. And when guys do fuck, people gathering around giggling and pointing like a bunch of school girls.

I'm not sure that is helping them here, "Spa Night" parties seem to be the best attended events, and pretty much any fetish event that isn't explicitly about sex is better attended than CumUnion. 

In New York City we are down to one bathhouse and at the moment it’s closed, they say, temporarily. The East Side Club has never supported Cumunion anyway. The parties here are in temporary spaces, like yoga classrooms. Everyone stands around the perimeter of the room scowling. If two men engage in sex it’s in a corner of the room and it’s private activity you will not be welcome to join. No one talks. In NY with Covid and the absurd handling of Monkeypox, you’re risking your job and your health at the same time, it is neither joyous nor anonymous. The hosts are in another room taking your money and keeping your clothes in trash bags. It’s easy to decide you won’t do this again.  I guess NYC presents other ways to meet but as hard as we were hit with AIDS and as thoroughly as Guiliani destroyed the gay sex subculture, I don’t think NY men remember how to enjoy sex.

• Upvote 1