High viral load over 700000?

Not necessarily.  You only have about a 1 in 70 chance of getting infected.  It doubles if you or the other guy has other sti's like gono/chlamydia.  That is still a small number.  If there are open wounds your odds increase, that is why they tell you not to brush your teeth right before oral sex with someone with HIV.  Even that isn't a guarantee.  The highest percentage chance of contracting it is from getting his blood into your bloodstream.  If you share needles, take a blood slam, ect. your chances of contracting hiv are very high.  Like in the mid-90's percent chance high.  But if you are worried, you can always get PEP afterwards, or roll the dice.  Depends on what you are hoping for really.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jaygusher said:

If I were to get bb fucked by a guy I know who has a viral load of over 700000 would that be a guarantee of infection? I’m not sure how high that’s supposed to be.

Yes, 700,000 is unusually high.  I'm not sure when "high viral" starts.  But guys off meds can easily reach 350,000 vl.  And 1.5-2 million are the highest I've heard of.  So 700,000 is pretty infectious and increase your odds of converting.  So take those loads and have fun, or get on prep.

18 minutes ago, WestPhillyGuy said:

Also wondering along the same line - taking a viral load from a guy that is full-blown. Will that speed up my HIV+ to become full-blown?

I believe it still take time to grow in its new host remember this is not in the back room 

This has been answered before, but to recap:

1. There is no sure-fire way of becoming HIV+, although the odds can be increased or decreased in various ways. Getting fucked by someone with a very high viral load is more likely to infect than by someone with a really low viral load, for example, but the lower viral load might convert someone while the higher viral load might not.

2. The viral load of the person who infects someone else does not, generally speaking, change how fast the infected person (if untreated) progresses to AIDS. 

3. The only somewhat relevant thing here is that IF the infecting person has a strain of HIV that is largely med-resistant (and those are, for the most part, rare in the west), then it's possible that someone infected by him may progress faster simply because there's not an effective treatment. But that's a different thing than a "high viral load".

• Thanks 3