Solo travelling Berlin?

gaypigbb

Hey guys! I am a 27yo gay pig, and have for the longest time wanted to visit Berlin. I've heard and read so much about the guys and sex that may happen there. Now the opportunity finally arose for me, but I have no gay friends to go with. I have in general not many gay friends (other than fuck-only-buddies), and the fuckfriends I have asked are not available that weekend. Should I go alone? I can be a boy introverted in the beginning, but when the right chemistry is there or the fucking has started I get wild and piggy. 

What tips or suggestions do you have for a solo traveller? In general and Berlin specific? Is it safe? Will it be fun? What are the most welcoming places?

All help appreciated!

Love, xxx

Gaypigbb

I have been traveling solo since I was 20 and for sure the best and most sleazy times have always been when traveling solo.  Whenever I have travelled with other gay friends, with one exception, it has stopped me releasing my true inner pig.  The one exception, happened to be in Berlin, but we had both been there alone before and we had a plan to pig out together and fuck we sure did.

The first time I went to Berlin, it was still West Berlin and the wall was still up, I had a total sleazy ball and that was at the height of the AIDS crisis too, but it didnt stop Berlin action.

People are very friendly welcoming and Very fuckin sleazy 

Definitely go on you own, don't go with anyone.

• Upvote 1
  • Piggy 1

I've been to Berlin a few times, and this is the one place where I'd strongly recommend taking the trip solo.  You'll want to slut it up and don't want the worry of trying to negotiate with friends about what you end up doing and where you end up going.  I'd say to try and pick a hotel around Schoeneberg (might be spelling that wrong) which is the gay area.  Lots of  opportunities for cruising and whatnot around there, and easy access to the gay bars.  

I've found Berlin to be a safe city overall - even when I was leaving the play parties during Folson at 3, 4, 5 a.m., no one was really bothering me while walking back to where I was going.  I'm sure it's like most other major cities anywhere, really - don't do anything stupid to call attention to yourself, and you should be fine.

Most of all enjoy, and feel free to tell us about your experience.  I really do think it's the best city for some good action.

• Upvote 1
  • Piggy 1

thanks for your replies! I'm getting a little nervous thinking about all the potential  "insider knowledge", tips and tricks that I may not know going my first time, and no friend that's been there before. This would be my first sexcation, so don't wanna put my expectations too high, but at the sale time get as much out of it as possible...

It’s a great city to visit. People are very open minded and non judgmental. I second the idea to get a hotel in Schöneberg. Loads of gay bars etc. around there. I particularly enjoyed Bull on Kleiststraße, which is open 24 hours. Small, friendly (the clientele, not so much the staff, but I think that was mostly a language barrier on my part to be fair) and very sleazy.

On a practical level, carry cash. Despite their reputation for efficiency, loads of places in Germany won’t take card. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’ve travelled alone to quite a few places in the past and definitely recommend it. One thing is to remember to always be aware of your surroundings and make sure your ID and some cash are safe on your body. For instance, it’s well known that American guys tend to keep their wallets in their back pockets. I’ve had guys grope and kiss me while making a move for my back pocket. I could feel their hands reaching in and fingers searching. I let them continue on cause I knew they were going to come  up empty.  Needless to say, quite a few of them just went on their way once they knew the “cupboard was bare.” I’ve also travelled with friends where the hook-up was caught by my friend trying to steal his watch in the hotel room. Everything valuable goes into a safe or locked in a suitcase. It’s not fun having to call security at 3am to have someone thrown out of the hotel.

Edited by badjujuboy
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, subBottomKink said:

It’s a great city to visit. People are very open minded and non judgmental. I second the idea to get a hotel in Schöneberg. Loads of gay bars etc. around there. I particularly enjoyed Bull on Kleiststraße, which is open 24 hours. Small, friendly (the clientele, not so much the staff, but I think that was mostly a language barrier on my part to be fair) and very sleazy.

On a practical level, carry cash. Despite their reputation for efficiency, loads of places in Germany won’t take card. 

Ha- yes, the staff are unfriendly, but that seems to be the same all over Berlin, and not just at sex venues. And it’s not the language barrier, either: I speak German, and they are still just as rude. It seems to be universal across the service industry there- it might come as a bit of a shock to you if you are travelling from America, but just remember not to take it personally!

The Bull is also one of my favourite bars, but the Laboratory should not be missed: it’s iconic. It’s some distance from the gay area, but public transport in Berlin is excellent (and cheap), and the subway runs 24 hours. Generally speaking, Berlin is a very safe city- so I wouldn’t worry too much on that score.

And @subBottomKinkis absolutely right: cash is king in Berlin, and you don’t want to show up at the Lab only to be turned away because you haven’t got the required €10 entry fee in cash.

Edited by Spunkinmyarse
  • Upvote 1

Following this thread!

Never been on a solo trip either, but wanting to do it soon. A trip to Berlin for a few days where the only focus is as much raw sex as possible.

Let us know how it was 😉

First off.. when are U looking to travel????  Folsom is a great weekend.  2nd weekend in September. I have been there 10 times over the years and agree with the comments of LetsPozBreed above. just be sensible when out and about.. leave the phone and wallet back at your hotel (in the safe).. take enough cash for your night out.. and put about 50 euros down your sock/boots. others have remarked about having your wallet in a back pocket.. NEVER do that when travelling anywhere.. always into your front pocket.

I tend to stay in the Schoenberg area.. and play in the local bars etc.. it's a great city and doing the right thing U will enjoy it.

Yea go for that solo trip, you’ll have a good time 😉

Been multiple times to Berlin… a fun, friendly, kinky and slutty city.

Do keep in mind that many of the locals and the tourists are getting hit up by all sorts of offers continuously. It’s the paradox that when there is too much too choose from nobody seems to choose anything. So rather than troll the online apps I would recommend going to bars, striking up conversations and meeting people in real life.

Stay in Schöneberg like multiple people have suggested. Other clubs you should go to that are not in Schöneberg: Lab.Oratory and maybe KitKat. Boiler sauna is fun on a Sunday. Bull a full on raw fuck-fest after 2am. Have fun 😉

• 5 weeks later...